I guess I should laugh, or at least be grateful she's finally doing their dishes ... but it's how she's doing them that have my head shaking in total disbelief.
Boss Man had his notebook computer at the kitchen table. He was video conferencing with someone (he ended up hitting record just so I could SEE what was going on in the background) ...
Gadget comes into the kitchen with a stack of dishes. She puts the dishes down and removes the three items I had put in the sink to soak (soup bowl, soup spoon and sandwich plate). This is where Boss Man hit record ... We see her removing MY dishes ... then proceeds to wash, hand dry and put away the dishes she'd brought up stairs. What has my head shaking is she then puts MY stuff back in the sink! Didn't even bother to replace the water I had them soaking in.
How's that for not doing jacksquat more than she needs to. She made MORE work by doing it the way she did ... we normally leave the dishes to dry on the rack and put them away later. But no ... she's hand drying them so that she doesn't accidentally put something I used away.
And to make matters worse, when I pull out a dish from the cupboard, I have to inspect it! She only wipes them off ... I've found dried bits of gawd knows what caked on the so-called clean plates.
*****
On a brighter note ... DIL is playing nice. She's letting Grandson come over here to visit his daddy. She still won't bring him over when BossMan isn't here, but hey it's a start that Grandson's "allowed" to come over to visit.
*****
Butterball finally got his glasses earlier this week. He looks so smart in them. He doesn't fight wearing them, in fact he fights when he has to take them off. He's also insisting that Alien wears hers, too!! Something I'd always had to fight with her about, and here he's got her actually wearing them. Good boy!!!! He did manage to mangle them up a bit already. Seems the boy didn't want to take them off to go to bed his first night wearing them, and managed to bend them up a bit when he put his head on his pillow. Back to the eye doctor to have them adjusted!!
Alien reports, too, that now JR wants his own glasses. Poor kid ... but with a family of glasses wearers, I guess it's only natural, eh?
*****
I survived another Valentine's Day. It would have been my brother's 45th birthday.
He was only a few months from graduating with his bachelor's in Engineering when he died. He'd been offered - and accepted - a job designing office furniture for a big name furniture maker. He absolutely loved to "bash" furniture, take parts from a few different pieces of furniture and mash them up to make an entirely new piece of furniture. It's funny, on Pinterest I'm finding a lot of "re-purposed" furniture ideas, and I can't help but to smile to myself as I think "he'd love this stuff". Then again, I'm pretty sure he'd long ago thought about things like bashing a desk with a dresser to come up with a kitchen island.
And thanks to Pinterest, I now have that bug ... I'm looking at most of my furniture with a suspicious eye. Well, not suspicious, but certainly looking at what I own with a fresh eye ... how can I make that piece serve me better? Give it a new "life"? That sort of thing.
But don't worry, my white vintage bedroom set is safe, I want to leave that as it is. After all, that bedroom set IS my childhood (and still in great condition).
*****
Not a lot else going on here today. Gonna snuggle under my blanket and watch some Netflix tonight. Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day re-organizing my new and improved office room. I finally have my own office chair and file cabinets that are just begging to hold three years worth of office files. Oh, and Boss Man has to install a phone line for his (our) new Fax Machine. Yeah, I know .... a fax machine. Welcome to the world of big business, eh? LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment