Had a few comments I was gonna make to my last blog entry. Decided to make it an entry in itself 'cause it may be a long one, LOL!
I did get some sun yesterday. Didn't help with the blahs a bit. I'm wondering if the blahs aren't because I'm pretty much home-bound now with gas prices being so outrageous. Seems I only get out to go grocery shopping or run to some doctor's appointment or the other.
I'm so ready to be working!! Married Son is busting his butt to get the Pilot company up and running. As soon as that happens, I'm outta here!! On the road!! Yeah, gas prices and all. Of course, finally having an income will help defray the costs.
I think that's part of the reason I'm volunteering more for the Star Trek club - get my arse out more and shake the blahs. Hang out with people I know, meet new people and have some fun. So we're a bunch of SciFi geeks. No Helen, I don't own a specific costume. I haven't yet picked which species I'll be. Can't have a costume if I don't know if I want to be Ferengi, Bajoran, Human, Cardassian, Klingon, or one of about a hundred other species from Star Trek. I do have a "Star Fleet" polo shirt that I'll wear for the occasion. So at least I'll be able to be identified as part of the group. LOL!
Pengy, thanks for the link to Las Vegas. Not only are there Star Trek events, but a Titanic event, too!!! I'd love to go. Funny, I'm so not into gambling. Never had the desire to visit Vegas ever, but these events, now I wanna go!
The odor from the adhesive on the windshield has long vanished. It was fun leaving the windows open for two days without a garage in this neighborhood. NOT! Luckily no one helped themselves to my radios. And the predicted rain pretty much held off until the two days was up, lol. I guess I'll adjust in time, LOL.
Haha, an ingrown toenail, eh, Pengy? I've been seeing a podiatrist for months now for that very reason. If I get a computer generated form I'll know who to blame!!
I still haven't heard from Tiger if he wants to go to the reunion with me. Nothing unusual. It could take a week or more for him to respond to email, LOL. I'm glad they're doing a park reunion. Six dollars park entry fee and five bucks per person food fee. I can live with that!! Our last reunion was in a restaurant that a classmate owns. $70 a plate. Needless to say I passed up on that reunion.
OMFG!! Teenagers! Can't live with 'em and the last time I looked it was still illegal to kill 'em! Battle of wits big time around here in the last few days! So much for doctor's orders of no stress! It started again today as soon as she walked in the door from school! I'm in tears right now because of her damned attitude. So much so that I just called her father (Bubba) and told him that *we* need to have a family meeting about her attitude. Can someone with adult daughters please tell me this too shall pass? Please???
On that I'm outta here. Alien took off. Gonna go hunt her down.
I'd have passed on that last reunion also...lol Congratulations on your recent promotion at your Star Trek meeting.
ReplyDeleteI thought of you immediately when I saw that there's a Titantic AND a Star Trek exhibit here!! But no penguin exhibits! Wahhhhhhhh....
ReplyDeleteThe teenage attitude crap is so much fun....NOT! You probably know by now that it's so much worse with girls too. What is Alien having an attitude about?? I don't envy you. I went thru hell with my daughter (as you know). She's lucky that I let her grow up!! lol
Bill, thanks. I worked hard for that promotion. Hehe ... thinking of taking "Star Fleet Academy" courses. Since I'm the ship's Historian and Chief Communications Officer I'm thinking I need that *degree* in Intergalactic Communications. ::wink:: Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pengy ... that'd be me. If it's got to do with a ship, any ship, I'm interested. LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou're so right. Boys are sooooooo much easier to raise than girls. I never had alien abductions with my sons!!
Let's see - Alien attitude. Shall we start with that car of hers? You know I was against Bubba buying her a sports car, let alone one that needs so much work on it. She got attitude after I voiced my opinions about safety after it had an electrical fire while Bubba was working on it. A new driver doesn't need 1) a sports car or 2) a mechanical nightmare such as this car seems to be. Of course every time I say anything I'm just being a mean old bitch! Then she's mad at me because it's raining and I won't drive her and Grandson up to the ice cream place so they can get a cone. His birthday is tomorrow. He's been fighting a cold and has spring-time allergies, he doesn't need ice cream when it's so chilly and rainy out. So, more attitude. Then just for good measure - Sunday is Mother's Day. She's supposed to be at Bubba's this weekend. But holidays take precedence over visitations, so she *should* be with me for Mother's Day. Makes sense. BUT she wants to be at her father's house, working on that damned sports car instead. Told her I didn't care. Her brothers are both broke and I'm broke and the only way I get a Mother's Day dinner is if I buy it myself. So I told her just go work on her car. So I'll go to the Star Trek Bowl-athon on Saturday. Alone. Well, Single Son will meet me there when he gets off work. Maybe he'll buy me a hot dog and soda?
There's more ... but ... hey, aren't you on vacation?? WTH are you doing online, girl? Get your butt off line and go see the sights! Geesh!
Can relate to the being home giving you the blahs and unless you wanna trash the house and clean it or omg wouldnt that be funny just trashing alien and princesses rooms and being out when it happened... well finding someone who would swear you were with them, someone musta broke in to trash it hahaha
ReplyDeleteOh you getting a whole lotta attitude~ just reading your reply to pengys comment ~ you think its something to do with the moon and tides it seems to be happening all over the world?
I do believe that these girls will grow up to be wonderful adults, it just seems to take way too long for them to get there. Hugs!!!
I feel for ya girl. I don't know exactly what your going through just yet but I'm getting some of the preteen crap handed my way and I don't like it one bit!!! I hope everything gets straightened out for ya!
ReplyDeleteSeventy bucks a plate? Are u kidding me? That is ubsurd!! I wouldn't have went either. Thats just plain nutso!
Glad the odor is gone from your car!
Have a gr8 day ;0)
I didn't have too many probs with my daughter and since she moved away to Uni I love having her home - now my son, I'd willingly pack his bags tomorrow, we can't go a week without some drama or tension! Now my 13 year old has started with the attitude and the arguing, can't say much though I was a horrible teen - constantly battling with my Dad.
ReplyDeleteHelen, teen agers, gotta love 'em, right? Bubba (her father) has visitations on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as alternating weekends. She asked yesterday morning if she could just stay at his house until Sunday. I said fine, I needed the break. When she came home briefly last night to pack her stuff she was all love and cuddles. She still went back to his house for an extra night.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I caused my share of headaches for my parents. Nothing too bad, obviously, since I really don't remember getting into too much trouble. We don't talk about when I was Alien's age, but I'm sure from a parent's perspective I gave 'em a few headaches. LOL.
Hugs!!
Lol, my son has gone to his girlfriend's for the weekend - instantly the atmosphere has changed!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I left home my relationship with my Dad changed - I think we all reach that stage where we need to leave home!
You're right can't live with em. can't live without em, it would be very boring without the dramas!
Helen, boring it would be, that's for sure. Hugs!!
ReplyDelete