It's funny that should be the theme, I was just contacted not two days ago about our 30 Year Class Reunion. Yes, thirty years!! I feel OLD!
1) Seeing "Welcome To The Grand Illusion" spray painted in black on the white stucco building. It was the first vandalism done to the almost new high school.
2) Senior Skip Day. Oy. Back when the drinking age was 18. Yup, I got plastered. Didn't want to get pulled over for drunk driving so I asked a guy I knew to drive back to the school while I sobered up. Little did I know not only did he NOT have a license (and I never thought to ask!) but he was well known by the cops! We got pulled over. I got a ticket for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive. Had to tell my folks about the ticket. Boy were they ticked off. Dad made me to go court, thinking that'd scare me. It did!!
3) "American Problems" class. Senior year. Monday through Thursdays we'd read the daily newspapers. Maybe even discuss something we'd read, but usually not. On Fridays we studied the problem of the American donut - I would bring in donuts for the class (paid for by the teacher). The teacher was the same one as in number 4.
4) In my senior year I was teachers aid to one of the social studies teachers. He was 6'8" tall. I taught the freshman civics class more often than he did!! He skipped class a lot, too. I remember getting into an argument with him in front of the class one time. Because he was so tall I climbed on a chair so I could look him in the eye and gave him a piece of my mind.
5) Senior Year. Skipping fourth hour (lunch hour) on Mondays and Fridays and heading up to McDonald's for lunch. I was also the teacher's aid for the "Child Development" teacher and was able to cut class on those days. LOL.
Okay, so I wasn't the best student back then. Really didn't give a damn about my grades, but only about cutting class whenever I could. Yup, it was the 70s ...

#2 UMMM AHHH NAUGHTY!! LOL. I wish they would alter the drinking age here from 18 to 21 but it doesnt look like ever happening.
ReplyDelete#3 Wow donuts have problems too? LMAO
#4 Oh that would have been something to see, pity therewere no camera cell phones around to snap that cause that is a kodak moment!! LOL
#5 You cant have been that bad a student really being teachers aid in classes!
Ahhh to only live in the 70's and not be born into them! lol! Sounds like you really enjoyed your time at school! lol!!!!
ReplyDelete