KUA

KUA

5/18/08

Gross Grub - Penicillin Pizza


Description:
Gross Grub by Cheryl Porter Random House ISBN 0-679-86693-0

Ingredients:
6 English muffins
1 Jar pizza sauce
2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
Yellow -- green and red food coloring

Directions:
Split muffins and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, making sure they don't touch.

Spoon a thin layer of sauce on top then cover the sauce with a layer of shredded cheese. Set aside.

Pour the Parmesan into a small bowl and add five drops each yellow, red and green food coloring until it's an even shade of mold green. (Use plastic bag to prevent your fingers from staining.) Set aside.

With an adults help, broil the pizzas until the cheese has melted and begun to brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 1 minute.

Carefully sprinkle mold on top of hot pizzas. Allow pies to cool slightly before you slip on a lab coat and serve. Serves 6 peaked patients.

8 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to penicillin.

    I make something similar to these, half a hamburger bun, finely diced capsicum (peppers) bacon and onion, tomato and pinepple pieces, mix together pile on bun add grated cheese and place in oven till cheese melts, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen Jane ... Alien's allergic to penicillin, too. Oh, those burgers sound good!! I'll have to try 'em!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are yummy, sometimes I cook the diced bacon and onion before mixing but usually just all mixed and straight on the bun, I use unsweetened pineapple pieces too. They make a good easy dinner when the kids arent home too LOL Hugs!!

    My mum is allergic to Penicillin too, Princess isnt though which is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always on the look-out for easy dinner for just myself, and heavens knows I get lots and lots of just-me dinners, LOL!

    I never had allergies growing up, mine always developed during pregnancy and stuck with me ever since. Well, not always, I've noticed lately some of those allergies aren't near as bad as they used to be.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know if I just had to have just me dinners I'm pretty sure I would avoid cooking LOL.
    Emily's grown out of some of hers, she was allergic to dust mite and in a house with carpet it will flare up but normal dust (I hate wet dusting she had to get used to it lol) shes built up some immunity to thank goodness. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a two week period Alien is only here about 8 of the 14 days. And that's if she decides to go with the visitation guidelines. There's lots of *bonus* time there with her dad most weeks. So that means there's a lot of "just me" cooking 'round here. I'm getting pretty good at those dinner for one meals, LOL.

    One of my brothers was allergic to cats when we were kids. We did the same thing, keep the cats anyways and let him build up immunity, LOL. Oooh, if there were any kids with dust allergies around here, they'd have a heck of a time. Dusting is not my favorite chore, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont have any favourite chores LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!! You have a point there, I don't really have a *favorite* chore either!

    ReplyDelete