KUA

KUA

5/13/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday

1) I'm so tired of being unemployed. But, talking to my doc he won't give me clearance just yet to even start job hunting again. "Let's get these health issues under control once and for all", he says. Sure ... whatever. He's not the one who has to squeeze pennies to survive. I mentioned something at my appointment yesterday about having over-slept. He comes back with "must be nice, wish I could over-sleep". "Believe me, it's not my choice. I'd rather have a job to wake up to every day like you do". He couldn't argue that, but he sure won't give me the okay to work again! And without doctor's clearance ... well, I'm on Medicaid right now, and on too many *health warning* lists with them, so without that clearance IF I were to get a job I loose what benefits I do have. I can't afford that, not with about $300 a month in prescription costs alone!!

2) So, to get clearance to go back to work I have more tests to go through. I can live with the mammogram and papp smear and the half dozen other tests I need, it's that colonoscopy I'm having trouble dealing with. Just the thought of it makes me shiver.

3) OK, I have a question for my "medical" friends ... what in the world would possess someone to want to be a "poop chute inspector" as my dad calls 'em? Just curious.

4) I had to laugh today while making my lunch. Tuna sandwich. I always drain the tuna water and give it to one of the cats. I waited and waited until Ringo was the only cat in the kitchen so he could have the fishy treat. As soon as he started slurping the other cats came running. Poor Ringo. As usual he let the two kittens take over. Only they're not kittens anymore, LOL, but Ringo still makes sure they get their share while he sits back hoping for leftovers. I ended up eating in my bedroom just so Ringo could come with me (a rare treat, as I don't allow the cats in my room normally). He ate about a quarter of my sandwich. He's spoiled, LOL. Now he's snoozing on my bed, happy as can be.

5) Speaking of sandwiches. I've been craving grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lately. Or fried bologna. Go figure. And I have to wait until my sugar is way down below normal before I can have one ... talk about a great way to raise those gluclose levels ... JELLY!! LOL!! In fact, that's how it started ... we were at the Alien Bowl-a-thon and my sugar was too low. They had grilled PB&J sandwiches. Yup, that'll work so I ordered one. And yummy, too!! Been craving another one ever since. Hey, I never claimed to be normal.

6) DIL decided that since there's a dozen or more adults and only three children she'll have Grandson's party this Saturday at their house instead of at Chuck E. Cheese. Yippee!! I still haven't figured out what I'm going to get him. I wanted to get Grandson his own digital camera. He *steals* mine all the time, he takes pretty good pictures, too. However, I can't afford something like that just now. Grrrrrrr. Alien and I will go out Friday to see what we can find. Something truck related, I suppose ... he loves cars and trucks.

7) OMG!! Single Son's been shopping again! He believes in quantity, that's for sure. He did pass on the 10/$10 waffles this time. Now it's peirogi, microwave popcorn and Raisin Bran that's taken over my cupboards and freezer. And he's threatening to go back to get more waffles, too!! We only just finished the last ten boxes of waffles ... took us two months! LOL!

8) Finally got an email from Tiger. He'd love to go with me to my class reunion. Cool. Blog to follow after the late July reunion. LOL.

Yup, number nine ... and I'm struggling for thoughts here. LOL.

9) Oh ... I clicked on some banner ad on Multiply the other day for "RottenNeighbor.com". Out of curiosity I put in my zip code and OMG!! One of the people that we suspect as the one who may have shot at my cat last summer is actually one of the rotten neighbors!! I've had other problems with these fools, too. Seems I'm not the only one who has had problems with them!

10) It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, lol ... 65 and SUNNY!! Windows open wide, birds chirping ... ah ... Spring is finally here!!

4 comments:

  1. You always crave what you can't have!
    My son buys microwave popcorn and cereal too but potato wedges not waffles, why don't they shop for something we actually need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. on #2 I have put off having that done and for no good reason apart from I dont wanna!! Seriously though mum has to have them on a regular basis and after her have surgery for bowel cancer years ago I have bitten the bullet and agreed when my next lot of tests are due I will have that one done, better safe than sorry!
    The stray cat that visits and allows me to feed doesnt like any food with fish in it.. weirdo! LOL and yes thats what I call spoiled!
    Hmm pass on the sandwhich your craving lol hope the craving passes for ya.
    lol@ #7 but mom it was on sale.





    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen Jo, LOL!!! I really shouldn't gripe about all the food he buys. We get to eat it, too - which helps my food budget stretch most weeks, LOL. Just wish he'd eat a little healthier - or at least buy a little healthier!

    I can have pretty much any food I want. I'm learning that when my blood sugar is low then I can have in moderation things like my PB&J sandwich. As with any *diet*, moderation is key!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen Jane, I haven't made my appointment yet for the one test. Actually I haven't made any of the appointments I need to make. No excuse here either. I'll probably do that on Friday when I devote the day to all of my other phone calls I need to make for the week. Oh, I *hate* talking on the phone almost as much as I hate shopping!! LOL!

    Ringo never was big on people food, still isn't. He only learned to enjoy *tuna juice* after the other cats came into our lives. Figured if they liked it, he had to get in on it. I swear he only does it to tick them off. But on the other hand, he's always loved pizza. Go figure. LOL!

    Speaking of the other cats. We suspect Roz is pregnant again. Grrrrrr, that little hussy. She's the one I want to adopt out, she's so not a people kitty. Doubt I can adopt her out with her being knocked up again. Crap.

    I better get that sandwich I'm craving and soon. LOL ... just as soon as the sugar is down I can. Last night I actually dreamed about falling into a vat of a mixture of peanut butter and strawberry preserves! I wouldn't let them rescue me until I had made my way through half the vat. Reminds me of a joke I once heard about a guy falling into a vat of beer. He fought his rescuers off, and drowned trying to drink his way out.

    "But Mom it was on sale" ... yup, his exact words!! That boy spends as much in a week on "sale" food as I do in a month for my groceries!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete