KUA

KUA

5/1/08

Thursday ...

Don't worry Helen, I doubt I'll be doing the bazillion posts like I did the other day. At least I don't think I will, LOL!

Grades were finally posted to the college website. Man, I'm disappointed in myself. Yeah, got an "A" and a "B" but that "C" in that one class (Intro To Databases) really screwed up my semester GPA. Lowered my overall GPA to 3.24 ... I'm bummed. That means I have to work twice as hard next semester to bring it back up a bit. Grrrrrrr ...

Got up in the middle of the night - well early morning - to take the usual potty break. LOL ... Single Son was just coming in from work and was rather hyper. Half asleep I got to hear all the office politics and gossip. I'm actually gonna miss that when he moves out later this (or next) month ... those late night encounters. I'm glad I did "bump" into him at that hour. He reminded me we have a Star Trek meeting tonight up at the Chinese Restaurant. Yummy, Chinese!! Otherwise I'd have forgotten all about the meeting.

Married Son and DIL have been really active in our local Freecycle and Michigan Cheapcycle lately. When he's not at his regular job he's off with one of his two trailers getting stuff he sees on Freecycle. He turns around and salvages what he picks up. And of course, the two FULL trailers are sitting on my driveway waiting for him to sort through them on his day off.

While they were at the house yesterday a neighbor girl came to the door. School fundraiser time. Instead of fattening chocolates or artery clogging sausages they're selling Eco-bags now. Yeah!! Being I'm broke I didn't buy any. But I'm glad that they're finally are getting smart with what they're peddling! And yes, I've used eco-bags for a few years now. I love 'em.

See Helen, that wasn't too bad!! It wasn't too long, was it?

And now I'm outta here. Went to grab a ciggie and discovered I'm out!! Need to run to the store. Hugs!!


15 comments:

  1. Chocolate, definitely more tempting...*wink* someone was looking out for you and your pocketbook this time!!!

    Don't beat yourself up over the grades, you are doing awesome!!

    Enjoy the Chinese food, and the Trekkie Talk!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what ecobags are.......but I love chinese food. And a 3.24 GPA is excellent in my opinion.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, thanks. I'm trying not to beat myself up over the lowering of my GPA from a 3.452 down now to 3.24. It's not easy, lol!! Considering in high school my GPA was 2.4 (because I didn't give a damn back then), I guess I just want to over compensate for it now. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, Eco-bags are those reusable grocery/shopping bags that many stores are now selling. I have them in everything from heavy canvas bags (great for canned goods) to a light-weight material bag. I don't think I've ever spent more than a buck for one of my bags. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the grades! Your GPA didn't drop that much so you should be able to bring it back up in no time.

    Eco-bags.... ciggies.... eco-bags... ciggies. That must have been a tough decision! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh....got it - I have two of them - my local grocery store charges for bags now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's this Helen person you keep mentioning? LMAO
    Congrats on the grades they really are good and am sure it will be a lot easier to bring it back up than what you think.

    The Eco bags are a big thing here and one state is now charging 25cents per plastic bag if you request them for grocery shopping, it wont be long before the rest of the states follow that trend, I have a big pile of the eco bags I use them for other stuff (storage) around the house as well.
    Enjoy the meeting and the chinese food and I'll tell taht Helen woman how off for ya.. lmao Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pengy, Since I already have about ten eco-bags I really don't need more anyway! So, it was an easy choice ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Em, I thought once you heard what they were you'd say "oh, yeah ... I know what those are!" I just discovered a few days ago that they're called eco-bags. Makes sense. Fewer words than having to say "reusable environmentally friendly canvas shopping totes". LOL!

    Some of our stores charge for bags - a dime up to a quarter per bag at Save-A-Lot or Aldi's, but the big trend here for most stores is to discount 3 cents for each eco-bag you bring (and use).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who is this Helen person, you ask?? A great lady who was teasing me about writing a gazillion entries the other day. I guess she was so wiped out after reading my gazillion entries she was too tired to write much of a blog herself. Hehehehe ... Nah, don't tell her off ... she's a sweetie.

    Oh, man ... Chinese was great! Sweet and Sour chicken, white rice ... and the biggest sugar cookie I've ever seen. Yes, I ate the cookie! I did save my fortune cookie for later, though.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I aint telling her she's a sweetie either she'll be all over herself LOL TY!!

    I love sweet and sour chicken, I'm pretty good at making it too might have to be a dinner on the weekend.. Mmmm sugar cookies.. drool
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it though sounds yummy to me =) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuppers, that Helen is a sweetie. Just hope she can still fit through the doorway with that inflated ego I'm sure she's developing. ;-)

    I enjoyed our monthly Star Trek Club dinner meeting. Have enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow night, too, provided Alien doesn't help herself to them. The rest of the meeting I'll blog about later. I might just wait until Tuesday and make it a part of my ten thoughts Tuesday entry, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet and Sour Chicken is the best Chinese food ever! YUM!! Just had some myself the other night. Congrats on the grades! HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kitty, thanks. Congrats yourself on your new home!! I'm sooo excited for you and the girls! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROFL Not sure about inflated ego sitting here is starting to inflate my butt though so maybe the doors might wanna start praying LOL.
    If Alien is like princess she might sneak some and you wont notice? I always notice but she does try lolool.

    ReplyDelete