KUA

KUA

5/18/08

Grandson's Birthday Party




My Grandson's birthday party was yesterday. The party was indoors because of all the rain we had. I didn't take an official head-count, but the small house we were at was packed.

My side of the family was there, my ex and his side of the family was there. Exie Poo brought his new girlfriend. DIL's family and friends were all there, too. It was like trying to fit a whale into a sardine can, but we all fit in the house!! LOL!

We had fun. It was great to see my ex mother-in-law and sister-in-law again. Exie's girlfriend and I had a million laughs at Exie's expense. It's one of those weird things, he and I were friends with the girlfriend and her husband the whole time we were married.

There was more than enough pizza and pop for the crowd. Two large cakes, and three half gallons of ice cream provided enough sugar to keep the six or so kiddies bouncing off the walls - and put the adults (diabetic or not) into a sugar induced coma. They were *not* taking "just a small piece please" as an answer! LOL! Luckily Grandson came to my rescue and hogged all my chocolate chip ice cream and half my cake. That's after eating his own piece of cake, too!! He must have bounced off the walls for hours after I left!!

Boy did that child get a bunch of toys. Almost everything was car related. Above is one of the gifts I got him, a fire engine filled with building blocks. It's the only picture I have where his face is blocked. LOL! He got a real cool VTech computer, too.

Alien stayed after the party to help them clean up. Afterwards she got to play with Grandson and all his new toys.

All in all we had a great time. But I sure was glad to get out of there and back to the peace and quiet of my own home.


21 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great party, don't they grow quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, we had a great time. Oh, they do grow too quickly!!! As I was watching the *Birthday Boy* yesterday it dawned on me that it really wasn't that long ago that my oldest (uncle to Grandson) was celebrating his third birthday. This year he'll be 29!! Time does fly ... too quickly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That truck is so big he would have been in kiddie heaven.

    Sounds like much more fun than Chuck e Cheese. I think birthday parties are better at home the kids get excited enough with all the pressies and cleaning up isnt that big a deal especially with helpers
    Glad you had such a good time and what an added bonus..having a laugh with exies girlfriend at his expense =) LOL Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen Jane, that truck *is* huge!! Wrapping it was a bear. I'm cheap and wasn't gonna pay six bucks for a gift bag, so he got it in the store bag. Didn't matter a bit, he tore through it like it was an expensive gift bag, LMAO!!

    Alien calls my DILs mother "Mom", so it wasn't a biggie for her to help out her other mother, LOL. Now if I could just get her to help out at home like she does for "other mother". LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids dont care about the wrapping ad yup I can imagine he would have torn into it!! I wouldnt have paid six bucks either no way!!
    I remember when the kids were younger than your grandson how the box used to be more interesting than what was inside LOL

    Oh Emily has someone she calls mom too and she will help out there as well..err not here though your not alone!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, I remember those days, too, when the kids enjoyed the boxes more than the gifts. Especially if they were huge boxes, big enough for the kid to climb inside of. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew used to pull emily around in boxes LOL then ask us to pull him =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to my grandsons 1st birthday in June. But daddy has mentioned he has enough toys and thinks money or bonds for college would be more useful...what fun is that??!?!? (But it's true, I'm sure he'll be overloaded on the toys, but I want to buy something fun for him to enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, we used to save up boxes and tape them together to make forts with!! When one of the neighbors got a new appliance we were in Box Heaven! The entire neighborhood (a dozen or so kids) would have a huge fort for days!! And yes, the girls would decorate them with crayons and paint much to the boys disapproval! It was a sad day for children indeed when the appliance manufacturers stopped using cardboard to protect their products during shipment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry, Grandson got a few US Savings Bonds for his birthday As well as money, clothing and toys, toys, toys. DIL will spend the next week sorting through his old toys (half a dozen large boxes worth), distributing them between her favorite charities and posting some on the local Freecycle group. So even though he got a bunch of new toys, the ones he's outgrown will be put to good use elsewhere. It's a win win proposition for everyone, LOL.

    Besides, always remember, it's a Grandmother's prerogative to spoil her grandchild rotten!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kids used to do that too and any old sheets or towels for tents lol..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the party wasn't at Chuck E Cheese after all. That place is a zoo!!! Sounds like it was a perfect stay-at home party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen, and when there weren't any boxes to play in, Mom would let us drape blankets over the kitchen table and make our fort there.

    When my brothers were teens they actually built a fort in the wooded area in our backyard. It was partly underground (cooling it in the summer, warming it in the winter and had a ventilation system), had a lookout hole, cubbie-holes galore, a secret compartment - for Goddess only knows what, LOL! It was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penguin, Oh, you have no idea how grateful I am it wasn't at Chuck E. Cheese either. Packed as we were into that small house, it wasn't too bad at all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The kids used to do it in their room and if there were too many here playing it used to be spread all over the house. This is making me wish they hadnt grown up any LO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I know it's making me a little sad about having grown up so fast, too ... ah, the good ol' days!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe I should make a big cubby house with blankets for the kids and invite the into play when they get home lmao

    ReplyDelete
  18. Helen, LMAO!!! If I did something like that my kids would think I've lost it for sure. Oh wait, I have a grandson ... I can make a blanket fort for him!! Yup ... there we go ... that's my excuse!! LMAO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There you go roflmao.. I am soo gonna do it.. I bought a new clothes airer thingy thats perfect, Andrew goes to work at 2pm so am gonna do it after that LOLOLOLOL. Em gets home at 8.30pm will take photos of her from under it when she walks in ROFLMAO.. OH yeah I'm bored today haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so wanna see pictures of this!!!! I'm gonna have to wait a few days until Married Son comes over and mows the lawn before I build our tent - right now our grass is so high we'd lose Grandson in the growth! LMAO ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. LMAO.. OK I'll post them tonight my time lololo.. hhehe I am so enjoying this!!

    ReplyDelete