KUA

KUA

8/30/08

Satruday Six ...

This week's Saturday Six are six things I've learned this week ...

1) When Firefox pop up says  "updates available, do you wish to update now"? DO NOT click *update later*. Doing so will cause all of your saved bookmarks to go bye-bye. It's not the first time it happened to me, but I finally figured out why it's happening. After six months of restoring the last collection of bookmarks, I now have to replace them all again.

2) Which leads me to #2, always save your bookmarks somewhere on your computer just for such events. The last save I did was in 2004. Slightly outdated favorites, I'd say.

3) Don't wear flip flops on college campus. Especially when they've been doing extensive remodeling and building projects! Never know if where you think you're going hasn't been moved to the opposite end of the campus!

4) Based on the reaction and questions I had when I introduced myself as a Trekkie in class that being a Trekkie isn't all that geeky after all ... or there's a lot more closet geeks out there than I suspected. I'm not sure which.

5) Do not attempt to do homework on an empty stomach. The growling is way too disruptive.

6) I am definitely a night person. This early morning stuff is going to take some major getting used to. And yes, 9 AM is early morning in my book. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Firefox update warning! I just started using Firefox not too long ago so I'm still a newbie. Is there another option besides "update later" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's "do not remind me of updates" and cancel, LOL. I like to add updates when they're available, but not if I'm in the middle of doing something like I was yesterday. I've been using Firefox for a few years now, it's only become a problem the last few updates. I'm not sure if it's Firefox itself or this goofy computer of mine ... but you know I get another "update now" pop up I'm not ignoring it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think Ive only had the Firefox thing once.. I haven't got much bookmarked here though.
    I am amazed at how slow IEX is compared to FF though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. IE is slower than Firefox ...

    I'm not sure I'm liking some of these updates, though. Seems I can't combine imported favorites with their "bookmark this page" feature.

    When I did import a file that I found had about half of my faves, it creates it in it's own folder. But "bookmark this page" opens a dialog box that doesn't even contain that import folder. And I've found no way to bring up "Lisas Faves" in said dialog box. It's a total frustration. Guess I'm going to have to contact Firefox.

    And yes, I use bookmarks enough that I need to sort this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to bookmark everything had 100's in iex but not so many here which is kinda weird my memory is worse now LOL.
    Hope you get it sorted to a happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to, too. Now I only keep the important things, like the sites I visit frequently. Or the sites Married Son had me save when I researched Pilot Driving and all the state laws concerning pilot (escort) driving ... there were dozens of those sites. Gone!! All gone now!

    I'll spend tomorrow trying to replace and then putting my faves on *My Yahoo!*. Something I probably should have done in the first place.

    It's a case of live and learn!

    ReplyDelete