KUA

KUA

3/10/13

Grand Central Station ...

Day four and it feels like Grand Central Station around here today.

It started with a wake-up call from Brother Deere. He'll be here at noon to fix the gas leak. Only problem was that he forgot about the daylight savings time change and was here at 1 PM. No, I didn't say anything to him about being late, after all, he came out all the way from his house over an hour away to fix my gas leak!!

I'm sure he had seizures when he left. He's very much a neat-freak. My house is still anything but.

I did promise him that the next time he's over the house wouldn't be out of an issue of "Trash Digest", but much closer to "Better Homes and Gardens". He just laughed "we'll see, Sis, we'll see".

O' ye of little faith!

But anyway ... now I have hot water again ... and NO gas leak!

I'm a happy camper. Or will be once people stop knocking on my door and actually let me take a much deserved (and needed) shower!!

*****

Just before Brother Deere got here, Drama-rama (formerly Gadget) called. Can she come over to get more stuff? She was even going to bring back the food she took ... accidentally she claimed.  She was even polite to me. She came alone, driving Gizmo's car ... the van is still dead on my driveway. Drama-rama only took about half of what's left down in the old room. I asked if they could have the remainder of it out by the end of next week. That I need the storage space now to put my things so I can finish the family room. And that I would appreciate their cooperation with this. I just got a "we'll do what we can" ... nothing new ... no commitment on a reasonable request to finish the move.

I was what my mom calls "nauseatingly nice" . Something I perfected as a cashier. Something I've been brushing up on lately. 

Not that she'll ever be welcomed in my home again, but at least if I stay nice Gizmo can't say that I'm being difficult. 


*****

Next was the former Commander of the USS Sinclair, RD, the one who quit and left me as Commander (before I quit anyway, LOL). He brought along his wife, LD, and his son. RD had some drawers from a pediatric crash cart to give me. They'll be perfect storage for craft items. He didn't need them, and knew I could. Knowing I don't have a car, he brought them over. 

He also picked up some things that Gizmo had been storing for him. Things I'm glad aren't taking up space in my basement anymore!! 

Their visit was purely unexpected. They had no idea that Gizmo and Drama-rama had moved out. Both of them were appalled that Gizmo would allow Drama-rama to get away with the crap she got away with. LD did add that her first encounter with Drama-rama left her wondering what Gizmo was thinking. Drama-rama definitely left a bad impression on LD.

RD also offered to come help around the house. He owns a fixer-upper out of state and has done wonders with it. 

We really did have a nice visit ... I realized I really did miss seeing them. 


*****

And I'm still waiting on DIL. She's coming over in a bit for a cell phone that BossMan said she could have. Cleaning the kitchen out, I found a few more things I know she'll want to have. Like her collection of shot glasses. And Grandson's baby cup. 


*****

Right now I'm taking a much needed breather. I'll finish reclaiming the kitchen counter in a few, then it'll be dinner AND a hot bath. Probably working on the two lazy-susan cabinets after dinner. After that, just the four corner cabinets (two upper, two lower) and I'll be done with the kitchen! YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment