Let's start with the most obvious starting point, and the one needing the most attention ... the kitchen!
Kitchen:
Gut cupboards, toss everything not used in a year's time. Bring in outside cans for this job!!
Rearrange contents of cupboards and pantry. Scrub!
Empty fridge and freezer. Scrub down.
Clean Microwave
Clean oven and range top.
Need two large burners and drip pans for range top.
Scrub kitchen waste can (replace when possible)
Wash walls!
Scrub floors (on hands and knees. this isn't a job for a mop)
Move dining table. Scrub dinette floors (hands and knees)
New window treatments for kitchen and dinette. Including doorwall.
Bathroom:
Fix plumbing issues with shower and tub drain
Scrub everything down
Patch holes in wall - patch hole in hallway wall at same time
Empty plastic drawer system, move contents to vanity drawers (use in craft room for added storage)
Hang tp holder on side of vanity
Need small table (12"x12") for reading materials and candles (finally!! Candles in my bathroom!)
Paint
New shower curtain (save heavy denim shower curtain for sewing projects)
Living Room:
Just needs a good scrub down.
Wash walls.
Shampoo carpeting
Bring in two large bookcases (from family room) and ALL books!
Easy chair, "grandma's" end table stay (couch to family room eventually)
Get something to use as a plant stand for under front window (table, buffet, or bakers rack?)
Get rid of old entertainment center and tv.
New Window treatments.
Entry closet:
Check into possibility of converting it to a bench with coat hooks (remove door and trim)
Family Room: future "play room"
Paint!
New window treatments.
Lay flooring.
Move toy box to area next to stairs.
Move couch from living room.
Need sturdy coffee table.
Entertainment center (dark brown one), tv, and all the related electronics.
Storage for videos
Lighthouse pictures (from master bedroom)
Utility and storage area:
Shelves for storage.
Clean cupboard by laundry area.
Replace washer and dryer! (washer first, hang line from rafters if need be to dry clothes!)
"Office":
Paint
Remove carpet, replace with laminate flooring.
Need area rug
Window treatments.
Move black shelves from master bedroom to office.
Move black desk from master bedroom to office.
"Craft Room" (back bedroom):
GUT room!! Start all over again! Brother Deere will be needed for this job!
Paint
Laminate flooring.
Window treatments.
Bring in (make?) craft tables, sewing machine.
Shelves!!Adjustable wall shelving units (bracket system?)
Convert closet to display area for dollhouses and doll collections.
Plastic Drawer system for storing stuff (presently in bathroom, SCRUB out!)
Last, but not least ... Master bedroom:
Repaint!
Shampoo carpet
Paint bed white.
Move my "old" bedroom furniture to master bedroom.
Window Treatments.
Wall of pictures to family room (over couch)
ALL ROOMS:
New outlet covers
New switch plates
New register covers (including cold air return covers)
*****
And that's just INSIDE the house!!
*****
OUTSIDE:
Shed:
Clean!! If it's not lawn or snow removal related, OUT IT GOES!!
Backyard:
Find permanent place for cast iron fire pit
Repaint bench, move to a more suitable location
Remove tree outside bedroom window before it falls over!
Side yards:
Get rid of current garbage cans (fill with crap that needs to go first!)
New garbage can - 30 gallon should suffice.
Make a place for garbage can storage. Preferably critter proof.
Front yard:
Remove weeds from planter area.
Place a few (2 on each side) galvanized metal buckets from hardware store for gardens.
Re-seed grass!
Figure out what to do with gravel part of driveway.
Removed concrete slab that neighbor's tree roots have displaced.
Entry Stoop:
Fix loose bricks (patch the "snake hole")
Deck:
Finish trim work
Weather seal!!
*****
*****
I think that pretty much covers it. Who needs to work, I have a full time job fixing the damages from both of the Wrecking Crews!!
Oh wait, I need to work!! I've gotta pay for this stuff!!
But at least I'll finally have that house I've dreamed of ... that house that I can bring people into and not be ashamed of what it looks like inside (or out) ...
OMG! I can have friends over again!!
Once the list is done, at least, LOL!
Wowsers you still have it all going on and this work list looks uhmm tiring! LOL
ReplyDeleteTook me and mark three weekends to fix and pain the walls in Ems room after she left home. I recommend slowly but surely :)
Ps. I hope dads ok Lisa !
ReplyDeleteDefinitely slowly but surely. Brother Deere will be doing most of the flooring and gutting the "craft room" and all that goes with restoring that room. But the rest is up to me I think. Lol. Although I'm sure he'll offer his assistance.
ReplyDeleteDaddy's doing okay. He's not too steady on his feet these days. But Mom keeps her eagle eye on him. Thanks for asking. I'll tell him you asked after him.