The last two days haven't been good. Seems like every time I make a few steps forward, I get kicked back even more steps.
BossMan's having huge financial problems with the company right now. Which means, the secretary is the last one to get paid. Or in this case, not paid at all. I can handle being owed a week's wages, but three weeks?
What little savings I had was used last week for groceries. This week I'll have to dip into the money I had saved for "my" share of the bills (my share before the nest emptied anyway, now they're all "my" bills). What I will do after that I have no idea. I just hope that BossMan can come up with the three weeks of wages he owes me ...
At the rate it's going, I'll be forced to see if I can get some sort of assistance or aid. DT, the guy who took over command of the USS Sinclair, works for a charity organization and told me that if I need anything to contact him. It may just boil down to that yet.
Still haven't heard about the background check. I was told it could be as late as Monday, as they're on a hiring binge throughout the district. I did call yesterday, and was told no word yet.
I know I have to do something to get myself out of the funk of the last few days. This isn't where I had imagined myself at the age of 53. I don't like it, not one bit. I should be planning my next weekend getaway ... not figuring out how to make a lousy $35-40 stretch for food for a week.
I keep reminding myself that the stress of the full nest is gone ... that I do have that freedom I'd long been dreaming of.
And don't get me wrong, I love every second of the empty nest. I deserve it!! I've put up with a lot in the last three decades.
It's just getting over this financial hump.
This is why its good that you'll have a regular job with a company that can afford you. Hopefully your folks will be able to help you out for the shortterm until you are back on your feet financially. And once you know what and how many hours you have with this job - perhaps you could pick up another with a few more hours as well...at least for now it seems like you really can't afford to work for nothing. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteIt'll be nice to have that check i can rely on showing up on a regular basis. Although, I do have to say that BossMan will eventually catch up with what he owes me. Still, it'll be nice to have that added money coming in. I don't dare ask my folks, they've already done so much for me. Besides, talking to Mom about the bills, she's said "don't look at me, we're stretched beyond our comfort zone as it is".
ReplyDeleteAs far as hours, it's part time, so Home Depot won't be working me more than 29 hours a week. Still, it's pretty good starting wages. And I plan on making it known that I'll be happy to cover if someone calls off and they're short a cashier. Same goes with working a few hours over my shift when needed. I'm all about being available when they need the extra help.
I'll blog later today about the events of the last few days. Until then, I need to walk up to the store before it gets dark (and colder, lol).