KUA

KUA

3/11/13

One Of Those Days ...

It started with a phone call from Mom. She's upset. She had talked to Brother Deere last night, and according to him regarding my house, "they live like animals. Messes everywhere." But he also thinks that Mom's house is filthy, to the point he won't even eat a meal prepared out of her kitchen. She's not a slob, far from it ... her house is always clean. I guess the table covered with her magazines is "filth" in his book.

I'm trying not to let it get to me, after all,  he IS OCD. But to upset Mom like that with his OCD opinion, that's not right.

Remember, this is the man who hand washes and then waxes his garden tractor after each and every use. He cleans his immaculate house BEFORE company arrives for a holiday, AND won't go to sleep on Christmas night until every last trace of Christmas has been packed away and cleaned the entire house top to bottom.

I should not be upset by his comments. But I am.

And just not a good way to start my day.

*****

While I appreciate Alien and Rusty Knight's help around here, it's getting ridiculous. I don't know how many phone calls or texts today alone.  "What time to you want us there?" "Do you want me to cook dinner?" Forget telling them "not today, I'm really not having a good day" ... they've called or texted me every half hour or so to see how I'm doing.

Dammit ... it's annoying. I'm trying to get something done around here and can't if I have to stop so often to answer a text from them.

I'm a big girl ... I will manage. I'll call when I need something done that I'm unable to do myself  ... geesh ...

They wanted to come over tomorrow, but I told them I am going to be at the computer all day long, applying for jobs online. And I am ... I'm to the point I'm about ready to grab the phone book and start making inquiries with local (within walking distance) companies to see if they're hiring. I don't care what their business is, I'd do about anything for a paycheck right now (legal of course).

*****

I had to call the phone company today ... I don't know how I'm going to pay the bill this month. I talked to the nicest lady ... we were able to work something out that will allow me to keep both the home phone and internet. And lowered my monthly payments to something I can afford.

And damned if I didn't break into tears talking to her. 

What I don't understand is after she spend so much time helping me lower the bill, she asks about my tv and cell phone providers. I told her "antenna tv" and that the boss of my part time job supplies my cell phone ... she tells me how much money I can save by "bundling" all of my services into one company. Ummmm, ok, I just called in tears practically (and cried during the call) that I cannot afford the bill now unless I have help and here you're offering me TWO services that would double the bill? Ummmm, I realize they have to sell certain things, it IS their business after all, but can't they have a heart when someone calls because of financial troubles?

*****

Still not sure how I'm going to raise any money for the bills that Gizmo stiffed me on. It's almost $500 of past due bills. And it's really looking like he's not going to come through with his promise of paying what he owes.

I guess my only hope at this point may be to see if I can get any sort of public assistance. It's doubtful, my last experience with them they said since I had no assets of my own, that I didn't qualify for household assistance. Not even food or medical help.

*****

Guess it's back to cleaning ... take some of these frustrations out on the pig sty that Brother Deere says I live in.

***** Update 5:50 PM *****

Just got off the phone with my mom. She apologized for upsetting me earlier today. She also apologized for "putting weight in anything said by a man who irons his underwear". Ummm, that I didn't know, nor did I need to know!

And as soon as we started talking, I started crying again. Been crying on and off all day long as it is, and talking to Mom sure didn't help my emotions.

She did say she realizes what obstacles I was up against with the Wrecking Crew(s) ... that one woman couldn't have possibly kept up with it with so many not willing to be adult and take responsibility for themselves ... that she knows in a few short days things are already improving ... and will continue to get better every day.

Gotta love Mom's pep-talks. I do feel a bit better now, but still overwhelmed.

Mom also asked what I thought about asking Rusty Armor if he'd do the painting and lay the new flooring in the house, he'll be paid of course. I think it's a good idea, he does have some home improvement experience. I wouldn't trust him with things that take a license, like plumbing, electrical, or gas ... but anything else is okay.

Kills two birds with one stone, too ... he'll be employed for a few months while the BIG CLEAN-UP continues. Granted, he won't get rich, but it'll help them out, too.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a good solution!

    obviously, someone just sprayed suckiness into the air everywhere this morning and it coated everything. half the people i know cried today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it isn't over yet!! I still smelled gas, so I called the gas company back ... the guy gets here at 10:30 pm (half hour response time, not bad!) and says not only does he smell gas but there's "an electric smell". I asked what he meant, he said it smells like a motor about to burn out. Great ... the furnace motor maybe? So he locates the leak, it's the shut off valve (just like it was on the water heater) and he shuts my furnace off to stop the leak. No heat tonight! I'm hoping Mom just says it's time to put in a new furnace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Mom's problem if she gets upset by her OCD son - but I understand how her being upset gets you upset as well. It will be nice when the time comes that you aren't so dependent on her. Hope the jobhunting is going well - don't forget those followup calls - sometimes its just a matter of being the persistent one to get you the job. With Alien and her hubby spending so much time hanging out and calling you - doesn't sound like either one of them is working much, but if they are, maybe they could recommend you for something with them.

    May the furnace just be a bad valve and the weather be warm enough that you don't freeze waiting for Brother Deere to come check it out or whatever the next step is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Job hunting going slowly. I've expanded my search from retail to other service industries ... including delivery drivers, unlicensed care provider, hotel work, and just about anything that states "no experience necessary".

    Nope, neither Alien or Rusty Knight works. I don't know if I'd work for the same place they did (if they worked). I've worked with family many times before being employed by BossMan, it's not easy to work with family for the most part. Alien would be easier to work with. The way Rusty Knight tries to come off as a know-it-all, I'd end up throttling him before the end of the first work day, LOL.

    ReplyDelete