KUA

KUA

2/8/08

Potholes ... Potholes ... Everywhere ...

Michiganders know we have only two seasons - Construction and Pothole. And the potholes started *blooming* early this year!!

I picked Alien up from school so we could run up to the *maul* today (can we tell I absolutely hate shopping). For the first time since she got her learner's license she's *not* wanted to drive. Little did I know she's terrified of potholes!

And potholes we hit!! One hand on the wheel, the other on my incision. And yes, I *did* try to avoid them. The ones I hit were all pretty much road width!!

Once again, I turned it into a learning experience for Alien.

I asked her "what's the first thing you do after hitting a big pothole"?

"Check your rear-view mirror to see if your wheels are laying in the street"?

Not the answer I was looking for. I couldn't help to laugh though. Made prefect sense to me. Especially after the pothole we'd just hit.

Anyway, the answer I was looking for was "let go of the steering wheel. If the car veers left or right then you've got a blown-out tire."

I so wish I'd taken my camera with me. Between the huge snow piles and the potholes there'd have been a million photo opportunities.

Speaking of the *maul*, we went to Alien's favorite store - Hot Topics. She tried to talk me into getting my belly button peirced!! Hello?? I just had hernia surgery there. You think for a minute I'm gonna have some punk looking kid come at me with the peircing tool? Think again!!

Other than that, not much going on. Survived the trip to the maul, survived man-eatting potholes, even survived the doctor's appointment the other day (when he gave me an antibiotic shot - boy did that sucka hurt). May have to go in for a second antibiotic shot if this doesn't start showing signs of improvement and quick. I did notice today, that one of the side effects of one of my meds is the *reduced ability to fight off infection* - great, that's probably what caused this mess in the first place.


4 comments:

  1. I would have laughed at Aliens answer also Tire in the road Man you've got BIG problems. LOL

    Glad you got the shot I hope it works fast.

    I have an interview at the school on Tuesday I hope I get it if not there will be other openings. I'm excited though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Potholes! We have our share of them here, too! These country roads get so neglected!

    I hope you recover quickly and the infection gets stopped in its tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick comeback from Alien I woulda laughed too. LOL
    Hope the antibiotic kicks in and gets you completely well again fast!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For us it's frost heaves! Can't miss those suckers either. I feel like a milkshake lately!
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete