Now the question is, which Enterprise is being constructed? From what I heard it is the C model. The one from the original series. It is supposed to show how the crew was formed and the launching of the Enterprise. It sounds more like a drama in space dock, rather than an interstellar escapade.
Makes sense it'd be the C model, as the movie is about how the crew was formed and the original ship launched.
I really haven't been following a lot of the hoop-la about the movie ... all I know is I'll be there with the other members of the USS Sinclair on Christmas Day to see it. ( www.usssinclair.org )
Okay, I admit, I'm a long time member of STARFLEET: The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc.( www.sfi.org ). LOL. Yes, that's a shameless plug!!
I don't know if I'll get to see it in the theater, but I would love to do so. I think I've seen all of the Star Trek movies in the theater, it is the only place to see them. I enjoyed the series Enterprise and wouldn't mind seeing it come to the big screen, but somehow I don't think it will. Voyager was a good series as well, but I don't think it will go to the big screen either. Deep space nine was ok, and it wont go to the big screen either. So it doesn't leave much choice for a new movie, the old cast is getting old and it wouldn't work any more. The Next Generation cast I think isn't interested in more movies, so I guess they came up with a new concept. Will see how it goes. Maybe be one of the movies that shouldn't have been made, meaning one too many sequels on the plot line.
I don't get to the theatre often, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. Personally, I think the best prequel would have to be from the original series ... since it's really the basis for all the other series. I'm more of a fan of the original series anyway. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing a DSN or Enterprise based movie either. I have to agree that I don't think the crew from TNG would be too interesting in getting together for a movie. Too bad, too.
I'm hearing the release of this movie has been pushed back from it's December 2008 date to May 2009. Guess all us Trek fans are just gonna have to wait longer ...
Oo! Thanks for sharing. I didn't know anything about it yet til I saw this! Something to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteNow the question is, which Enterprise is being constructed? From what I heard it is the C model. The one from the original series. It is supposed to show how the crew was formed and the launching of the Enterprise. It sounds more like a drama in space dock, rather than an interstellar escapade.
ReplyDeleteMakes sense it'd be the C model, as the movie is about how the crew was formed and the original ship launched.
ReplyDeleteI really haven't been following a lot of the hoop-la about the movie ... all I know is I'll be there with the other members of the USS Sinclair on Christmas Day to see it.
( www.usssinclair.org )
Okay, I admit, I'm a long time member of STARFLEET: The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc.( www.sfi.org ). LOL. Yes, that's a shameless plug!!
I don't know if I'll get to see it in the theater, but I would love to do so. I think I've seen all of the Star Trek movies in the theater, it is the only place to see them. I enjoyed the series Enterprise and wouldn't mind seeing it come to the big screen, but somehow I don't think it will. Voyager was a good series as well, but I don't think it will go to the big screen either. Deep space nine was ok, and it wont go to the big screen either. So it doesn't leave much choice for a new movie, the old cast is getting old and it wouldn't work any more. The Next Generation cast I think isn't interested in more movies, so I guess they came up with a new concept. Will see how it goes. Maybe be one of the movies that shouldn't have been made, meaning one too many sequels on the plot line.
ReplyDeleteI don't get to the theatre often, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. Personally, I think the best prequel would have to be from the original series ... since it's really the basis for all the other series. I'm more of a fan of the original series anyway. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing a DSN or Enterprise based movie either. I have to agree that I don't think the crew from TNG would be too interesting in getting together for a movie. Too bad, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm hearing the release of this movie has been pushed back from it's December 2008 date to May 2009. Guess all us Trek fans are just gonna have to wait longer ...
ReplyDelete