KUA

KUA

2/24/08

Problem Solving ...

Single Son is at work. I get the following instant message from him (edited, LOL) ...

Single Son: ::yawn::
LCM: hi
LCM: bored?
Single Son: YES!!!
LCM: that sucks!!!
Single Son: YES!!!!!!
LCM: what time are you there til?
Single Son: 2200 hours (10 PM)
LCM: bummer
Single Son: Yeah
Single Son: So what are you doing?
LCM: watching *Twister* ... doing a little blogging and talking to you
Single Son: Twister is gay!
Single Son: Blogging sucks!
Single Son: Talking to me rocks!
LCM: lmao
Single Son: What are you blogging about?
Single Son: Probably something gay...
Single Son:
LCM: lol, about computer problems ... got a few responses suggesting either a virus or conflicts w/ windows and my other hard drive
LCM: lol
Single Son: No, it's got some bad primary sectors.
Single Son: It's been an issue for 3 years or so, but it hasn't posed a problem until now.
LCM: figures it does once i take over the computer, eh?

So ... that's the official word. LOL. He knew it's been bad for a while. Loaned me the computer anyway after my computer had it's *melt-down*. Didn't warn me of potential problems. No biggie. He'll just have to do the swapping of the hard drives, and re-install the motherboard drivers. Half an hour job. An hour if there's complications. LOL.

I'm just grateful it's a solution that won't cost me a dime!!

 

5 comments:

  1. Cost free is always good.

    Single son sounds like my son LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never turn down cost free solutions!! It won't even cost me the normal fees of beer and pizza! Yippee!!
    Yeah, he's a hoot. Never a dull moment, you know?? Guess that's why we get along so well, Cassie ... we're a lot alike ... seems our kids are a lot alike, too!! LOL!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ all the gay comments sounds like my two kids guess they never really trooly grow up!

    Yeah bad sectors will cause a crash usually when ya dont want it to!
    I love Vista, I actually got the basic home edition the other week from Target for $29 ( I lurve bargains) LOL to have here when I redo one of the kids computers.
    Have a good one. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! It's nice to have someone 'techie' around to fix things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leann, it really is nice to have a resident geek around. Only problem is *all* of his friends and co-workers also ask for his assistance. Sometimes it's a long line ... and Momma has to wait. LOL!

    ReplyDelete