KUA

KUA

5/23/08

Passing On the Friday Five ...

Wow, I passed on last week's FF, and I'm passing on today's, too. I just don't have five movies I absolutely love or hate. Yeah ... there's those I like a lot, or thought fell short of being entertaining. But to say love or hate, nope, can't come up with five. Well, there was *one* that falls into the LOVE category, Titanic ... not for the story line, but for it's historical accuracy. Yeah, remember, I love all things Titanic, LOL.

Not a blasted thing going on here this Memorial Holiday weekend. Single Son works. Married Son and DIL both have to work. Alien is at Bubba's this weekend. It's just me and the cats. I had wanted to go up to Port Huron for a day of ship watching, but thanks to the high cost of gas that's out of the question this weekend. Besides, the way my car has been this past few months I don't trust it to get me to Port Huron from here (65 miles).

When I was out running errands yesterday gas was hovering around the $4.00 to $4.19 range. The news reported that certain places in the area were already up to $4.35 a gallon! Geesh.

So, what are ya'll doing this holiday weekend? Anything exciting? Traveling or staying close to home? Inquiring minds want to know.

Whatever you're doing, be safe this weekend!!



8 comments:

  1. First of all, I like your page. It's perfect for summer.

    I'm just curious, but what ever happened to the Friday 5 Multiply page? I noticed it's not one of my contacts anymore and when I did a search for it it said the Multiply user by that name does not exist. Is it somewhere else? Please let me know. Thanks.

    We're not doing anything this weekend either. We may invite my brother and his family to come over. I don't know if we're going to have a BBQ or not.

    ~*Tweety Gurl*~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tweety, Friday Five is now a Multiply Group. You can find the link in my groups section ...

    Thanks, I like this theme, too. I found it on one of the many theme groups I belong to.

    Have a safe holiday!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont feel too bad at the high cost of gas.. its just hit the equivalent of $6 a gallon here. They are saying in the next couple of months that will reach $8 everything is getting so expensive here it sucks! My mother had a dream she won lotto (I wish she would hurry up cause she said she was going to pay our mortgage lmao) Try and enjoy the weekend regardless. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we're doing anything. We might barbeque something....maybe! It's not supposed to be too warm here, so it's not your typical Memorial Day weekend anyhow! Staying home and saving gas sound like a PERFECT way to spend the weekend. Maybe I can even convince David to turn the heater on in the spa for the girls...since it's supposed to be in the 70s on Monday!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, ouch!! That's expensive. About the only good to come out of all of this is the Auto Makers now see the *need* to make more efficient vehicles. Sad thing is, the auto makers back 75 years or so were looking for gas alternatives for our motor vehicles. They need to revive those ideas, make 'em work for us now!!

    I love your mum's dream!! May it come true!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann, it's supposed to be warm here, too. Think I'll head outside and watch Married Son work on the yard this weekend. Yup, he will be around for a bit after all. I got a text message from him today that he quit his one job. No fear, he's working a few other jobs - salvaging and recycling. And now I'll get my lawn done finally! LOL!

    I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet of another holiday, that's for sure.

    The spa sounds likes heaven!!!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I double checked the groups I'm in and I'm already a member of that group. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was expecting it to still be posted as a blog. LOL :P Thank you for your help.

    ~*Tweety Gurl*~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweety, No problem. It took me a while after they closed the blog to find out about the group!! Have fun, can't wait to read some of your Friday Fives. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete