KUA

KUA

5/20/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday



1) It's the middle of the night right now, another sleepless night. Decided to play around online hoping I'll get sleepy Of course I'm wide awake. What better time to do my Ten Thoughts than right now? LOL!

2) How 'bout them Red Wings??

2) I discovered that Maxine has a blog!! Yes ma'am ... A BLOG !!! Too funny!! And if click on ** Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) ** you, too, can have a Maxine module on your homepage!!

3) Ran out of cat food tonight, so I took a midnight run to the store. Gotta love those open 24 hour stores. I actually wandered around for a bit. Yeah, me. The gal who hates shopping with a passion. Of course, at midnight it's not crowded, and it's before the bars close and the drunks come staggering in, LOL. I think I've been broke way too long. I couldn't find a damned thing that caught my attention enough to say "neat, I want that".

4) Barky the dog has been a problem again lately. They leave him out all night so that they can sleep. I've actually threatened to knock on their door at 3 AM when he barks and tell them "Look, your dog woke me up, so now I'm going to wake you up". See how long they like being woke up in the middle of the night because of their damned dog. I don't mind dogs. Just not when they bark in the middle of the night. Stupid owners have no respect for the neighbors - or the law. Some other neighbors have called the cops on them a few times. Think that gets results? NO!!

5) Barky must have ticked off the skunk that lives under my shed. I smell skunk and haven't heard Barky since I got back from the store. And it's 2 AM ... I really have to give the skunk a reward of some sort. Momma Skunk did what the cops haven't been able to do - shut Barky up!! Good Skunky!!

6) I have an appointment with my foot doctor this afternoon. I'm so not looking forward to the pain I know he'll inflict on me with two ingrown toenails. Good thing I actually like this doc or I'm sure my foot might end up where no foot should ever be. LOL!

7) Speaking of doctors ... why am I having so much trouble trying to get doc to coordinate my prescriptions so they all expire in the same month?? He won't do over-the-phone refills, so each time one of my four prescriptions expire I have to make a dash to his office to get 'em refilled. It's getting annoying trying to get him to understand the wisdom of it all.

8) Bubba fixed my car up real good. No problems. I even had Exie Poo and Married Son double check his work. The only reminder I have about the whole thing is once the engine warms up I can smell the antifreeze heating up. Not the antifreeze in the engine, but the antifreeze that was squirted all over the engine compartment. Guess it'll take a while to burn off. Especially now with gas prices being so high that I'm only driving once or twice a week.

Yup, number nine and the brain freezes again ...

9) How 'bout them Red Wings?? LOL

10) Nope ... no tenth thought comes to mind. Nothing. I can hear the echoes in my head ...


9 comments:

  1. 1. Seems like the perfect time to me!
    2. How 'bout the way hockey gear smells when it's peeled off the player and shoved into a closed duffle bag until the next game?
    2. That's cool....and you TWO #2s! Are you just messing with us?
    3. I do that, too! I can talk myself out of so many things!
    4. And my parents used to get turned in all the time for their DEAF DOG...who did not bark! It was the people behind us, but try convincing the people who live across the street of that!
    5. GOOD SKUNKY!
    6. If it comes to that, you should at LEAST buy them dinner or bring flowers or SOMETHING!!!
    7. That sucks! He MUST have a reason....unless he's just trying to drive you NUTS!
    8. Same here. I might have to visit my car in the next few days, but I don't want to have to take it anywhere!!!
    9. All I can say is I BET they STINK!!!!
    10. Is that where that echo is coming from? The acoustics in here are GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leann, oh crap!! I did do two 2s didn't I? That's what I get for blogging in the middle of the night. Oy!!

    I grew up with two hockey playing brothers. They'd leave their game gear in the car for days. YUCK!!

    No talking myself out of anything, LOL. There was absolutely nothing that appealed to me!!

    It's getting normal around here to see someone walking around outside in the middle of the night, to check to see which dog it is before they call the cops. No one has fired any shots lately, so I'm assuming the family that just moved out were indeed the ones who shot at my cat and many of the neighborhood dogs.

    Foot doc came close to getting a foot in his nether-region today. Totally accidentally, I promise you!! He went to grab my foot and tickled me ... I about hit the ceiling. I'm usually *not* ticklish, so chalk it up to anticipation of the Clippers From Hell.

    I'm beginning to think that my primary doc won't coordinate my 'scripts so that he can bill my insurance company every six weeks.

    As soon as my car warmed up today I could smell that antifreeze burning off. Figures I had to drive across town and had to smell it most of the way there, and all of the way back home.

    LOL!!!! Nope ... and we're gonna kick some serious Penguin ass ...

    LMAO!! So I finally can say I *do* have a sound mind?? Accoustically sound that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I've been awake since 4am its now 6.30 I was awake so here I am LOL.. I got 4 hrs sleep, maybe a nap sometime between the dentist and doctors apt, hope you got some sleep.

    2) ok yup! LOL

    2)Thanks I love her and btw did you realise this is #2 and you already had a #2 LOL
    3) Sometimes when you cant find things that makes you say that just means your pretty happy and content.

    4) I hate that I especially hate it when people go away for the weekend and leave a dog home in the yard you know they have eaten any food left out in the first nano second and then the dog just barks and cries all weekend.

    5) Eww @ the skunk smell

    6) Hope the apt goes well

    7) Take in all your scrips and ask him if he will destroy the ones left and write new ones so they are all due at the same time.

    8) WTG Bubba LOL.. Maybe pouring hot water over the antifreeze will get rid of it off the engine maybe.

    Yup, number nine and the brain freezes again ... (It's really #10 cause you had 2 #2's)

    9) How 'bout them Red Wings?? LOL(#2 LOL.........)

    10) Nope ... no tenth thought comes to mind. Nothing. I can hear the echoes in my head ...(Thats cause its really #11) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, Hope you get that nap ...

    And here I just thought it was because I am always so broke that I didn't find anything I liked at the store. LOL!! What a cure for impulse shopping - perpetual poverty! LMAO!!!

    People like that don't deserve to be pet owners. Luckily my neighbors aren't that inconsiderate, or I'd be calling *Animal Control* on them for sure!!

    We're used to skunks. We've had them living under the shed since the day we moved into this house. Never bothered to even try to chase them away as they generally leave us alone.

    The appointment went okay. See my response to Leann's comment as to how well it went, LOL. I love this doc, in and out of his office in about half an hour and that includes time in his waiting room. Guess I shouldn't complain about a little pain, eh? LOL!

    I was gonna fix that two 2s thing, but decided against it. I'll take the ribbing I'm sure I'll continue to get about it. LOL! But makes sense that I couldn't come up with a number ten since I already had - if *that* makes any sense!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I might go try for one now at leats until something opens the store needs a visit,Princess has taken to rinking milk from the carton I hate that.


    In and out in half an hour includng wait time, oh he would be my fav doc too!! LOL.

    YUp it makes perfect sense to me that !! LOL HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, Aw man, I hate when they drink from the carton, too. Just wait until the next time you have a nasty cold or the flu and then let Princess *bust* you drinking from the carton. Act sheepishly when she busts you. Chances are you'll never have to worry 'bout it again!! Hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went to the store and bought more milk, the carton I opened earlier had been slobbered on whilst I was out am gonna write a BIG note on the fridge later when shes at work and label that carton for her only LOL she has cold sores at the moment too.. grotty girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, I can see the note now "For Princess Lips Only". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well not quite but the fridge wrote a note LMAO

    ReplyDelete