2) Last Thursday night we had our monthly Star Trek Club meeting. I got a promotion to "Chief Warrant Officer 3" and volunteered to be our ship's "historian" (photographer). My first assignment, LOL, is to document our upcoming bowl-athon this weekend. The bowl-athon will be my first multi-chapter *full costume* function. Should be fun!! (Yes, I'm a geek like that)
3) I'm still having trouble adjusting to the new windshield. I don't know if they put some protective glazing on it for all the handling they have to go through before installation, or if it's just because the glass is so new. All I know is it's giving me headaches while I drive.
4) "Hey Mom. AMC has tickets for $6 right now. That's $2.50 off their regular prices. Oh, and Seniors get another dollar off."
"And I need to know about senior savings why?"
"You're getting up there, Mom".
Can we say O.U.C.H.???
(AMC, for my non-American friends is a national chain of movie theatres)
5) Finally heard from the doctor on my question about heart disease. He's uncertain as to why the insurance company would have sent me a packet on heart disease. He thinks it may have been generated by computer when my prescriptions for high blood pressure medications were processed. Although he wants me to sign up for the program the packet offers anyways. Says that as it stands now I *am* a candidate for heart disease in the future. And since they're offering why not take 'em up on their offer?
6) I've been in another blah mood lately. To the point I have to force myself to do anything. Even blogging has been a challenge. I'm keeping up with ya'll through emails I receive from Multiply, but just haven't the brain power to think of many comments. Not sure why I'm feeling this way. I have a doctor's appointment next week. If the blahs are still around I'll definitely be talking to him about it. But know I'm not ignoring ya'll ... I'm sure 'll get over this blah hump and be back to normal soon enough.
7) Grandson turns three this week! I can't believe how fast he's growing. DIL won't have his birthday party until the 17th, though. She's trying to arrange the party around everyone else's schedules. She needs to learn to start planning something early enough, set a date, send out written invitations and let her guests plan *their* schedules around her event!
8) Grandson's party will be at Chuck E. Cheese. ::groan:: You know you're getting older when you dread going to a place like that because you know the noise level will be unbearable! I'm already wondering how long I'll last there before the noise chases me out.
9) Grrrrrr ... just got another annoying call on my cell ... wrong number. I don't know who had this phone number before me, but she has some very rude friends. Maybe that's why she changed phone numbers, LOL. I wouldn't even have answered it but that certain number kept coming up on my missed call log. Thought maybe it was a friend of mine, lol. I use my name on my voice mail so you'd think if it wasn't a call for me, hearing *my* name in the VM message would be their clue they'd dialed a wrong number? Oy!!
10) Gawd, I really need to find some energy! I can think of a hundred things I need to do this week. It's just mustering up the energy to get more than a few items checked off my to-do list. I hate the blahs!!
9. I'm with you on the phone thing. The girl before me Amber even her father called me you think my name might have given him a clue. I talked to him and he seemed very surprised. Even asked me if I knew anything. I said all I know is I have her number. LOL
ReplyDeleteAt least the bill collectors have stopped calling. Daughter is having the same problem with her number bill collectors.
Sorry your feeling blah. Can you sit in the sun for a little bit. That always lifts my spirits.
I go back to work tomorrow, I'm ready again. =)
My 30th year class reunion is this year too!! I guess if we're both 48, that makes sense...LOL. We won't be going tho. It's 6 hours away and $55 per person! There's only ONE friend who is going that I know of and I can meet him for coffee for $4 when I'm in Ventura again. (He still lives down there too)
ReplyDeleteLas Vegas Hilton has Star Trek attractions that I'll be skipping...lol. www.lasvegas.com/attractions/. Scroll down to Las Vegas Hilton.
We're still wayyy too young for senior savings! Grrrrr
I've had a couple of windshields replaced in my old car. The odor you smell is the chemicals used to bond the windshield to metal. They told me to keep my windows cracked open for a couple of days. Parking out of the sunlight will help too.
I used to get a letter on "Depression" from the insurance company when I first started getting my anti-anxiety meds. These computer generated letters are common now. It's a little presumptious I think to assume we have these conditions just because we're taking a certain medication.
I hope your "blah" mood goes away soon. Maybe you have an in-grown toenail?? I'll send you a computer generated form. lol
A birthday party at Chuck E Cheese? How fun....NOT!! I agree, DIL shouldn't be planning a party around everyone else's schedule. When the kid gets older, he's not going to want his b-day party 2 weeks AFTER his birthday.
30 years now theres a thought and a scary one at that if you sit and think about where the time has gone I'm sure it will be lots of fun though!
ReplyDeleteSo do you have a specific costume and stay with the same character or do you just choose whichever?
Maybe you need to smear a fine layer of dust over the windscreen ifits because its so clean if its the smell then pengys idea works keep the window down a little.
Oh yeah Ouchies at the seniors comment LOL...Your nowhere near that well unless its early over there it's 60 here.
Blah season maybe? Ive been that way too am going to get some blood tests next week but I think with me its just a combination of stuff, other people disrupting my sanity LOL.
Yep I agree DIL shouldnt be working to other peoples schedules, she's lucky he's only three and isnt counting down yet!!
Hope you kick the blahs to the curb and get some energy happening (Ive been having mid day naps .. doesnt help lol) Hugs!!