KUA

KUA

5/15/08

The Gremlin Strikes Again ...

Free to a good home ... One Gremlin. Age unknown. Fun loving. Creative. Loves to lavish attention on others.

And here only yesterday I was thinking how quiet it's been around here. It's all *my* fault!! The Gremlin must have felt sorry for me and created some excitement. Grrrrrr.

Went to pay some bills. Stopped to pay the phone bill and when I came out of the place not five minutes later there's a huge green puddle under my car. It's anti-freeze and it's just gushing out from under my car!! There's no smoke coming from under the hood, and the hood feels fine to the touch, so I pop it open. Yup, a huge crack in one of the hoses.

Called around for someone to come get me. Can't find anyone. Out of desperation I call Bubba, Alien's dad. Yup, he'll come get me, he'll even look at the car for me. He was able to rig it so that I could at least get the car home. Yeah!! And *no* duct tape needed, lol. The break was close enough to the clamp he was able to trim the hose and re-clamp it. At least it'd get me home. Now I'm grounded for a few days until I can get it fixed.

So, any takers?? Anyone want to adopt my Gremlin?? He'll keep you entertained, that's for sure!

8 comments:

  1. Dumb car always giving you trouble =(

    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL@ No duct tape needed either.
    That was good you werent stranded and he could come get you, even better he was handy enough to fix it and you were able to get home again.

    Err nope I pass on the gremlin thanks as much as I like strays, enough unexplained stuff happens around here as it is LOL. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness NO!! LOL, we inherited my mom's mini van, she had a Gremlin when she had it, we also inherited a folder CHOCK-FULL of all the repairs she put into it. She bought it with something like only 40,000 miles on it. SO FAR, so good, we've had it for 2 years and have had to put nothing but new tires into it (knock on wood). Guess her Gremlin found you...sowwyyyyy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, I could sure use some ice cream.....CUTE page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You called your EX??? Wow... you WERE desperate! LOL

    I'll pass on the gremlin too. I have anxiety issues...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's late ... I'm tired but unable to sleep. Going to lump all my responses in one comment and then hopefully call it a night.

    Cassie, yup. I'm beginning to think that my car doesn't like me.

    Helen, nope, no duct tape. Amazing when you learn that Bubba was called "Tim the Toolman" around here when we were married!

    Glenda, this was my son's car before I took it over. He drove it real hard. Hopefully your grandmother's van wasn't driven as hard, LOL.

    Pengy, yeah can you believe it? I called Bubba of all people. I called my sons first, one was sleeping and didn't hear the phone, the other at work. It was Bubba or my mother ... and I sure ain't calling Mom over car problems. Not when she lives 20 miles from where I was stranded. Bubba made more sense, he lives only a few miles from where I was. Besides ... he's been working on Alien's Grand Am, so I knew he's familiar with the beast (mine's a Grand Am, too). Made sense to me. LOL!

    Still no takers on the Gremlin, eh??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that stinks! There are just too many gremlins like that in the world!

    I hope it gets fixed quickly, easily, and for FREE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll pass on the gremlin, have enough of my own!
    We're convinced it's my late husband who takes things and causes problems in our house!

    ReplyDelete