
What a great time we had Friday night!! Got to the Chief's picnic early in the hopes of helping Chief's wife set up. As usual anyone asking if they could help Mrs. Chief were told to "go sit and relax. This is your day to enjoy the party." She's a tiny gal, but very persuasive! LOL!
Chief burnt the hot dogs to perfection!! They had enough food brought in by guests to feed a small army. Taco salad, pasta salad, rigatoni, fresh veggies and fruits, brownies, cookies, and soda galore. But not a donut to be found! LMAO ...
We hung out most of the day at the party, deciding to pass up the Carnival in town. Grandson was tired and cranky for a bit (when we would have been at the Carnival), and it just wasn't worth having him get more overwhelmed by it all.
After a picnic dinner we - Single Son's GF, Married Son, DIL, Grandson and I (Alien had left a while ago with a friend of hers) - we all walked the six blocks to the police station to get our family pass for the VIP park.
Thankfully I'd brought my rolling bookbag to put our snacks, drinks, park blanket and other crap in. It'd have been a long stroll with that stuff on my back! LOL! I was slowed down considerably with Grandson "helping" me pull the backpack on the sidewalks of town.
The park would be closed at 8 PM and VIP guests be allowed to enter at 8:30, so we had some time to kill. We hung out at the back of the station. Grandson needed the relaxation time. He was recharged and ready for the park by the time we got there.
Finding our spot in the park we got all settled in. Chief happened to walk by at one point and said we had the perfect spot. Wrong!! There was a massive sign in our way that once the fireworks started we had to scramble to find better seats and all while trying to record the fireworks. Grrrrrrrrr ... what a mess that turned out to be! Recording the fireworks. I had NO idea my memory card was full, found out a few seconds into the display! I never knew I could change cards so quickly!! What I didn't know was I grabbed the 1 gig card from my bag, the smallest one I had. Anyway ... I recorded about twenty minutes of fireworks when the camera once again displayed "memory card full". CRAP!!
Figures that it was the best Grand Finale they've ever had!
The fireworks really scared Grandson. "I want to go home Mommy" or "I don't like that". No ohhs or ahhs like we finally got out of him with our little fireworks earlier this week. Nope. He wanted nothing to do with these fireworks and he let everyone know about it, too!
Other than that, the evening went great!! The walk back to Chief's house was rather slow because of the crowds leaving for their cars, too. I decided this year to just hang out for a while after before even attempting traffic. Glad I did. Married Son left before I did. He took the back roads. He texted me when he got to the half way point. Having waited and taken the main road out of town, I managed to actually end up in front of him on the road (by about two miles - go figure).
I'll have the movies posted once I finally figure out how to get them off my camera and onto my computer. I don't know why I'm having so much difficulty getting longer footage off the camera, and am determined to figure it out. Seems the only video I can upload is anything that is under two minutes. Of course, the video from the fireworks are in two nine minute segments. Grrrrrrrr.
Chief burnt the hot dogs to perfection!! They had enough food brought in by guests to feed a small army. Taco salad, pasta salad, rigatoni, fresh veggies and fruits, brownies, cookies, and soda galore. But not a donut to be found! LMAO ...
We hung out most of the day at the party, deciding to pass up the Carnival in town. Grandson was tired and cranky for a bit (when we would have been at the Carnival), and it just wasn't worth having him get more overwhelmed by it all.
After a picnic dinner we - Single Son's GF, Married Son, DIL, Grandson and I (Alien had left a while ago with a friend of hers) - we all walked the six blocks to the police station to get our family pass for the VIP park.
Thankfully I'd brought my rolling bookbag to put our snacks, drinks, park blanket and other crap in. It'd have been a long stroll with that stuff on my back! LOL! I was slowed down considerably with Grandson "helping" me pull the backpack on the sidewalks of town.
The park would be closed at 8 PM and VIP guests be allowed to enter at 8:30, so we had some time to kill. We hung out at the back of the station. Grandson needed the relaxation time. He was recharged and ready for the park by the time we got there.
Finding our spot in the park we got all settled in. Chief happened to walk by at one point and said we had the perfect spot. Wrong!! There was a massive sign in our way that once the fireworks started we had to scramble to find better seats and all while trying to record the fireworks. Grrrrrrrrr ... what a mess that turned out to be! Recording the fireworks. I had NO idea my memory card was full, found out a few seconds into the display! I never knew I could change cards so quickly!! What I didn't know was I grabbed the 1 gig card from my bag, the smallest one I had. Anyway ... I recorded about twenty minutes of fireworks when the camera once again displayed "memory card full". CRAP!!
Figures that it was the best Grand Finale they've ever had!
The fireworks really scared Grandson. "I want to go home Mommy" or "I don't like that". No ohhs or ahhs like we finally got out of him with our little fireworks earlier this week. Nope. He wanted nothing to do with these fireworks and he let everyone know about it, too!
Other than that, the evening went great!! The walk back to Chief's house was rather slow because of the crowds leaving for their cars, too. I decided this year to just hang out for a while after before even attempting traffic. Glad I did. Married Son left before I did. He took the back roads. He texted me when he got to the half way point. Having waited and taken the main road out of town, I managed to actually end up in front of him on the road (by about two miles - go figure).
I'll have the movies posted once I finally figure out how to get them off my camera and onto my computer. I don't know why I'm having so much difficulty getting longer footage off the camera, and am determined to figure it out. Seems the only video I can upload is anything that is under two minutes. Of course, the video from the fireworks are in two nine minute segments. Grrrrrrrr.
Today there's nothing going on. Got an email from my friend, Tiger. Seems he's fed up with crap here in Michigan and has decided to move away. North Carolina. Funny how when we reconnected with each other and I was the one who wanted to move south he was saying "great, we find each other only to have you move away". Ends up I decide to stay in Michigan (not because of him) ... and now he's the one that's fed up and leaving. Oh well. I just hope the move brings him the changes he's looking for.
Hope everyone's weekends went well. Gonna spend time trying to catch up with ya'll before Alien kicks me off the computer. LOL.

There are alot of people that are fed up with whats happening here in Michigan. But I always wonder if the "grass is always greener on the other side" so to speak? Just don't know...
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great time at the carnival and the 4th of July fireworks...cool
Bill, I'm pretty sure under the circumstances that Tiger will find the grass is much greener ...
ReplyDeleteActually we didn't go to the carnival. It would have been much too overwhelming to Grandson. He was very overwhelmed by the entire day - the carnival would have finished him off, lol. He loved hanging out in the shade of the employee picnic area behind the Police Station. He loves cop cars. LOL. He got to talk to all sorts of cops, get goodies from them ... and get some much needed quiet time.
I'm glad you had a good time! My little one probably wouldn't be too crazy about the fireworks either.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Sunday!
Sounds like you had a really great day all told.
ReplyDeletePoor baby the added people and larger fireworks along with the day he already had he was probably exhausted.
Hope your aches and pains dont last long.
I remember trying to get the video from a concert uploaded onto the computer.. it took me days of frustration in hindsight if I had of not been so stubborn it probably would have been easier to stop and think about it more but nooo LOL.
Even with the minor glitches it sounds like a wonderful family weekend.....
ReplyDeleteLeann, it'd have been cute if he wasn't so scared of them. DIL had her hands full comforting him, that's for sure. Hopefully next year he won't be near as scared as he was this year.
ReplyDeleteHelen, thanks ... I'm not as sore today. Doubt I'd have been that sore had I not had to walk at an incredibly slow pace. Still can't figure out why DIL hadn't brought a stroller or wagon or something to haul one tired little boy around in. Oh wait ... that'd have had to take preparation - something DIL sucks at.
ReplyDeleteWhen I try to even open the video on my computer I get some error message - yet if I play the video off the camera everything is fine. I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just hope it's before the new year I get it, LOL.
Em, oh ... it was the perfect family day. Even got to see Single Son at the picnic and then later working at the festivities.
ReplyDelete