Great pics! You know, I've never seen the inside of the lightship! I guess I better take advantage when they have the next "Be a tourist in your own town" promotion!!!
Glenda, thanks. Wow, never been inside the lightship? I can't count how many times I've been on board. I've read about the *Be a Tourist* promotion, sounds like a great idea.
I just heard about Coast Guard Days (August 15 - 17), am thinking about heading back up to PH for that. Oh oh oh ... and did you know that Fort Gratiot has been opened for tours? FREE tours? Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondays from 11 AM to 4 PM ... make sure you wear closed toe shoes for the climb up to the top!
Helen, LOL ... no they don't swing in rough waters. The bunks are attached to solid poles near the wall. The chains are there to keep the bed frame from actually snapping in two during rough weather. It allows the bed to sway enough to absorb the motion that would otherwise snap it in two (the same principle of a bridge with all it's suspension cables).
Great pics! You know, I've never seen the inside of the lightship! I guess I better take advantage when they have the next "Be a tourist in your own town" promotion!!!
ReplyDeleteGlenda, thanks. Wow, never been inside the lightship? I can't count how many times I've been on board. I've read about the *Be a Tourist* promotion, sounds like a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI just heard about Coast Guard Days (August 15 - 17), am thinking about heading back up to PH for that. Oh oh oh ... and did you know that Fort Gratiot has been opened for tours? FREE tours? Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondays from 11 AM to 4 PM ... make sure you wear closed toe shoes for the climb up to the top!
omg so cute!
ReplyDeleteOMg no way do they swing in rough weather?
ReplyDeleteLOL Good pic even if being silly!
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful to watch.
ReplyDeleteHelen, LOL ... no they don't swing in rough waters. The bunks are attached to solid poles near the wall. The chains are there to keep the bed frame from actually snapping in two during rough weather. It allows the bed to sway enough to absorb the motion that would otherwise snap it in two (the same principle of a bridge with all it's suspension cables).
ReplyDelete