1) Well, my class reunion has been canceled completely because of lack of interest. Out of almost two hundred graduates that year, only nine of us showed any interest in a class reunion. With guests there would have been about twenty attending. Sad that no one really showed any interest. They'll be meeting at a local bar instead. Since I'm not a drinker and neither is Tiger, we've opted to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner instead. Since he'll be moving out of state on August 2 I guess this will be his going away dinner.
2) Looks like the Gremlin has struck again. This time he's gone bulk grocery shopping - again!! I opened up the fridge this morning only to find the bottom shelf was nothing but cans of Diet Pepsi. Hmmmmm ... two *cubes* of Diet Pepsi ... that's 48 cans of freaking soda! Damn gremlin must be thirsty! I got brave and explored a little more ... freezer once again filled with twenty of the same microwave dinners *and* another half dozen boxes of waffles. I wasn't brave enough to open any of the cupboards to see what might have fallen on me ... I'm sure they're crammed to the brim, too!
3) My kitchen is not big enough for bulk shopping! If this keeps up I'm going to have to convert the deck off my dining room into a walk-in pantry. There's no where else to put this stuff!
4) I'd probably not moan and bitch about the Gremlin so much *if* the foods being brought in were healthier. As it is, it's carb city around here anymore. Stuff, of course, that I am not supposed to be eating.
5) Ros' kittens are out and about. Almost ready for adoption. Had to chuckle today while Shiloh was not paying attention to his surroundings. One of the kittens attacked his tail, causing him to jump! Too funny! The next half hour was spent teasing the kitten with his big ol' tail. He'd let kitty get so close then move it away before kitty could catch it. Kitty would come to a crashing halt. I swear Shiloh was laughing!
This is one of the kitties. The other one has decided it doesn't like me and bolted for cover when I walked into the room. Gee, guess he's still angry about that bath I gave the kittens the other day?
6) Single Son got a call from a family friend, a guy named Sal. The call in itself isn't blog news, but that he remembered his promise to me from a year ago is big news to me, LOL. I've blogged about Sal before. He's the Commander for the Starfleet organization we belong to. He's also a "B" movie actor. He's the one that told me he'd get me copies of all the movies he's been in. He hasn't had the time either between a movie they're in the process of filming and his responsibilities with Starfleet to be able to assemble my Sal Movie Collection. To make it up to me he located some extra stuff he thinks I'll like. Remember, I love the old "B" movies, especially the old monster movies. Sal knows this ... and said he'd make it well worth the wait. He's hoping to have it all to me by my birthday in December. LOL!
Sal as the pirate called "Ticketscalper" in the spoof movie 'Indiana James and the Raiders of the Lost Shaker of Salt'. http://www.sallizard.com/
And the link to *My Cheesy Horror Film Wish List*. Gotta love Starfleet and Cheesy Horror Movie Actors!! LOL!
7) Shamira and Marble are doing great adjusting to their new home. Yup, that's what they named the new kitty, Marble. Married Son says they're now exploring the house even when Grandson is awake. Of course, it didn't take them long to learn to run for cover when Grandson comes after 'em!
8) I got a strange text message over the weekend from Married Son. "Come outside?" ... hmmmm, is that a question or request? I texted back "outside when?" ... so he sent Grandson in to get me!! He was sitting outside the entire time!! Of course, once I got outside I understood why he didn't come in the house to say he was here ... the heel of his hand was pretty badly cut. Guess he didn't want to risk it starting to bleed again in the house. He cut it on a lawn mower he was trying to "chop" for salvage the day before. His wifey must not have been too sympathetic towards him. He knew Mommy would help him change the bandages and make it all better. In fact he drives the three miles from his house to mine daily so I can change his bandages. LOL.
9) Guess all those fights he had with his brother when they were little has him conditioned to get (or stay) outside in the event of a bloody situation (literally). "Take the fight outside will you? There will be no blood on *my* carpeting, do you understand?"
10) Guess that's it for today. LOL. I am posting this rather early as I have doctors appointments today. Yuck!!
Ya'll have a great Tuesday.




1. Bummer but its nice that you and Tiger will be going for a dinner before he leaves.
ReplyDelete2. I would freak if my cupboards and fridge got filled with stuff I couldnt have LOL and have to agree its not healthy Bad Gremlins!
5. How cute! I am starting to actually like cats, something I never thought I would say and bathing them would def be a reason to hide from you LOL.
6. How cool ~ you'll be able to have movie marathons!
8. Mommy mommy I hurted! LOL. Hope it's healing ok.
10. Hope your apt goes well! Hugs!!
watched a movie last night that's perfect for you...called "black sheep"...found it for a few bucks at walmart and worth every penny! it was hilarious!
ReplyDeleteA mother's work is never done...LOL!
ReplyDeleteI wish a Gremilin would fill my cupboards full of food!!!!