Passing on today's Friday Five ...
They have two sets of questions today ... Conflict & Resolution ... one set is just too personal for me to want to answer in a blog entry that I set for *public*. The alternative set of Friday Fives are for those who feel the way I do about the first set of questions ... Five Movies that have impacted your life ...BUT, I'm not that big of a movie fan to be able to really answer them. So ... I pass.
If you're curious as to what todays Friday Five were ... just click here ...
That's okay, sounds like it could be a tough subject, I'm going to click the link and check out the questions! Have a great weekend, Lisa!!!
ReplyDeleteRats, only viewable by group members, if you get a chance, copy/paste them over here?
ReplyDeleteWell poop ... figures, eh?? Here's the cut and paste ...
ReplyDeleteYou have a choice to either do the first list or the second list this week:
Conflict & Resolution
1. When people attempt to solve problems, they are hoping to bring about change in a situation. Write about problem you have. What change would you like to occur?
2. How do you find solutions to problems you face? Do you take a long walk by yourself and think it over? Or call your best friend on the phone and talk? Write about how you find solutions to your problems.
3. Most of us feel the need for what we call "breathing room" — some space to call our own. What is your favorite "space"? Tell where you like to spend time and why the place is special to you.
4. Conflict causes tension, and when things get tense, people do surprising things. Some of these acts can be heroic, some can be shameful, and others, simply unexpected. Write about a tense situation you've been in. How did you react? How did others react?
5. Sometimes we discover that things are not always what they seem to be. Have you ever been surprised to learn that things were not as they seemed? What inaccurate conclusions did you have? How did your conclusions change?
Or, if the above is not something you're comfortable displaying to everyone:
List 5 movies that either:
1. took your breath way,
2. left a profound impact on you that you could not shake for a few days or hours,
3. that you've watched so many times that you know the script line by line,
4. that you've laughed so hard you though your stomach would burst,
5. or one that unexpectedly put a lump in your throat.
I would have done the movie list! LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteGlenda, I'm not that huge of a movie fan (minus my monster and B movies) that I could come up with a good list!!
ReplyDeleteTitanic would have been the predominant answer anyway ... the movie set they duplicated took my breath away, left a profound impact on me, watched so many times I know the script (almost) by heart, and unexpectedly put a lump in my throat.
As far as laughing until my stomach almost burst ... I couldn't tell you ... I guess I'd have to say National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ... where the poor cat chewed on the tree light cord and went up in a *poof* ... that was a funny movie. LOL!
Ha, that would have to be on my list too....as for a movie I know the script to, it would be "The Wedding Singer"...The one I couldn't stop thinking about, definitely "The Notebook".....Side-split laughter would have to go to many of Adam Sandler's best works, "The Waterboy", "Anger Management"...."Don't Mess With The Zohan"......Unexpected lump would be a kiddie flick...lol.."Bridge To Terebithia"...didn't see THAT one coming...We LOVE movies in this house.....:-)
ReplyDeleteGlenda ... good list!! You're right ... the Notebook was a great one. I've seen it a few times and still cry like the first time. Haven't seen the others you mentioned. That's what sucks about not having cable. I'm at the mercy of broadcast TV. I'm too cheap to go rent 'em and only buy movies if they're on the dollar discount shelf. LOL! I know, I know, I need a membership with Netflix! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a movie buff either(I don't watch them over and over and I don't buy them) I see them once and I'm pretty much done except for a handful of movies. I would have done the movie list too.
ReplyDeleteList 5 movies that either:
1. took your breath way, ~Titanic~ Can you say bucket full of tears?!!!! Ack!!!!
2. left a profound impact on you that you could not shake for a few days or hours, Dying Young, sadddddd!!! Def. a must see though!
3. that you've watched so many times that you know the script line by line, Pretty Woman
4. that you've laughed so hard you though your stomach would burst, 50 First Dates ;0)
5. or one that unexpectedly put a lump in your throat. Sleeping w/ the Enemy (Julia Roberts, I used to be a big fan)
1. I'd have to agree with Titanic, the ship sinking was very dramatic and sad.
ReplyDelete2. Braveheart, I felt like Mel Gibson (one of my favorite actors) was actually dead.
3. Fun with Dick and Jane, very funny.
4. Over the Hedge, one of the funniest animated movies ever!
5. Pay it Forward, still makes me cry when I watch it.
Don't think I could do these either, the conflict & resolution one definitely not!
ReplyDeleteAngie, I'll have to check out some of the movies you've mentioned. The only one on your list I've seen is Titanic.
ReplyDeleteKat, Great list!! I've seen Titanic and Over the Hedge ... I'll have to check out the others on your list!!
ReplyDeleteHelen, I could have easily filled out the conflict and resolution one - BUT since I keep my Friday Fives public I decided to pass. My conflicts and resolutions just aren't something I want the world to know, LOL!
ReplyDelete