Had a test today in Marketing Theory. It was okay. I breezed through the first forty or so questions, then the next fifteen were difficult at best. Then a dozen easy questions followed by six extra credit questions (of which I only answered about half of them). Early dismissal, yeah!! I'm home and so ready for a nap. Haven't been sleeping well (worse than normal) the last few days and when I do, I have nightmares.
Her myspace banner greeting now reads (and I will not correct her typos) ... ~* Mommy *~ I'm about 6 weeks pregnant!!! 34 weeks left before I pop like a Watermellon thats benn dropped like a bad habbit! We're so excited! Can't wait to know Gender!!!
Gee ... could this be why I'm having nightmares about *me* being pregnant? Or ... being locked in a trunk and I can't find a way out ... or ... wandering and wandering in the deep forest being stalked by some huge ugly creature?
No pranks pulled today. But the day is still young.
Heard a good prank on the radio on the way in to class this morning. Craigslist ran a posting about a commercial casting at a local grocery store. All ages, races and genders needed. Bring portfolio and resume to store where casting agents would interview at 8 AM. Caller said he'd been there early, at 6:30 AM ... two hours later there were at least six dozen people waiting. Believing the casting agents to be late, someone employed by the store called at 8:30 only to find out it was a prank. Over 60 people pranked. Too funny!
Put a much needed smile on my face, I tell ya.
So ... what's your favorite prank to pull? Have you been pranked today?? Do tell!!
Well, 13YO was wanting to find a good prank to do on her friends at school today. The only one that came to mind was the one where you (secretly) cover the sides of a quarter in pencil lead. Then, you challenge someone to roll the quarter all the way down their face from their forehead to their chin while the quarter touches their face THE ENTIRE TIME! If you haven't seen it, it makes a big, grey line down the center of the face!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see if she pulled it off! (She's not a good liar or trickster, which makes my job easier for now but won't help her today!)
I'm not sure what to say about Alien. I guess there's really nothing anyone CAN say right now. Hang in there and know you're in my thoughts and prayers. When my kids are worried about bad dreams, I tell them to think of happy things where they're falling asleep. You know: The beach, swingsets, ice cream cones, etc.
Do me a favor, okay? Click on this link and read. This gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time...
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-made-me-laugh-til-i-cried.html
Leann, LOL! Too funny!! Now I want chocolate ... hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteGreat prank! We usually do things like put saran wrap on the toilet and then put the seats back down. Pity the poor guy who sits down ...
Oh man, the stories I could tell ... growing up in a house full of pranksters! And giving birth to a bunch of 'em too.
And yes, when I first read Alien's myspace, I looked at the calendar ... a few days before April Fool's Day. Not too early in our family to start the pranks. Could it be nothing but a prank? I only wish I had been pranked!
I've been using a lot of the relaxation techniques I've learned in Stress Management - especially in the last few days. Imagine the nightmares I'd have IF I didn't do the deep breathing, visualization (you're at the beach, the waves hit the shore, the breeze is cool, the sun warm upon your skin ...) and a lot of Animusic playing in the background. Yes, animusic!! Talk about soothing!
Now if I could get that image of the seagull dropping a load on me outta my head maybe all that visualization would WORK!
Wow...your tension has found one of the few drawbacks to going to the beach: SEAGULLS!!!
ReplyDeleteCheck out the rest of those things on that cake wrecks blog....I laughed until I cried!
You need a myspace page with a banner that reads *Daughter* ~ I've been in school for (blank) years now. Only (blank) weeks left before summer vacation! I'm so excited!! Can't wait until I can relax and spend more time on my business! Life is good!
ReplyDeleteI second that!!!! Never let 'em see you sweat!
ReplyDeleteLeann, yup ... who but me could imagine seagulls in a visualization relaxation technique?
ReplyDeleteI checked out some more of the cake wrecks blog ... too funny! Thanks for sharing!!
Pengy, LOL! I should ... all it says now is that I'm studying and my mood is tired.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm ... "Summer break in 4 weeks!! Pinegrove here I come!" - she'll understand that one ... it's the park we both love up in Port Huron. My mood is ... crap ... what's the mood list again? I'll find a good one! LOL!
You're right Leann ... never let 'em see you sweat. Something I needed to be reminded of! Thanks!!
ReplyDeletePretty elaborate prank if Alien is doing that for April Fool's and I'd kill her! LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm with Pengy i'D BE DOOING A BANNER ON YOUR MY SPACE.. IF IT'S FOR REAL i WOULD BE ROPEABLE WITH eMILY DOING THAT AND NOT HAVING THE DECENCY TO FACE ME AND TELL ME. Shit caps locked on sorry.
No April Fools pranks here just a moody bitchy sixteen year old whom I wanted to slap silly!
HUGS!!
Helen Jane, the kids have all pulled some pretty elaborate pranks on me over the years, but sadly this one turned out to be no prank. So, yeah, I'm feeling ya when you say you wanna slap a teen silly. Really!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to think of a real good banner message.
You know, I just happened to think ... and *no* I didn't hurt myself in the process ... Alien and I had a trip to Chicago planned for Fall 2009. Ain't gonna happen now. Nope. Maybe I'll still go ... send her a postcard, though. Or maybe I'll just take the money I would have spent on a trip to Chi and do the Lighthouse Festival in October in Alpina, MI instead.