1) Quick! Somebody call CNN!! I remembered the ten thoughts this week!
2) The accounting exam was a total bust. I won't say my grade, but it was definitely "Titanic" ... that is, below C level. Get it? Sea level. The good news is that going through the exam during class we discovered that the answer key was wrong!! Yeah, almost a full 25% of the answers weren't correct on the damned thing. Not Teachers fault ... the tests are provided by the textbook writers. So, Teacher is tossing out this exam. Yeah!!
3) Before I could take a Law test today I had to run to the bookstore for more scantrons. Just so happens today was Student Fun Day. Coming out of the bookstore, one of the volunteers for the Fun Day grabbed me by the arm (luckily for that person I knew him from a previous class) and told me to "Spin the Wheel ... all Spins WIN". What the hell. I had a few minutes before I had to be in the classroom. Wheel spins ... spins ... spins ... and lands on "Money Shower". SHIT!! That means I have to jump into the clear shower curtain enclosure whilst they turn on the blower and see how much fake money I can catch mid-air. And with LOTS of witnesses, too!! Don't know what my exact dollar amount was, but I won a college t-shirt and a book bag with my earnings. And that was only using one hand to catch, the other to hold what I caught. Had I used my noggin I'd have zipped up my hoodie and stuffed "Raider Bucks" down my ample front. Ah well. Live and learn.
4) Law test went okay. Only a few brain farts during the hour long 50 question test. Luckily, I could find most of those answers in subsequent questions.
5) Tomorrow is my "Invention Presentation". Teacher asks for volunteers, so I'll see if I can go first. Can't wait. Got my power-point presentation all done. Should be fun. I used a lot of humor in this presentation. I mean, how serious can the "Project-a-Bowl" be? I did find the neatest flash drive while looking online for pictures to put in my slide show. It's a bowling pin flash drive. Too cool! LOL!
6) I think I need to take up bowling again. The "Project-a-Bowl" reminded me of how therapeutic is was to pretend the headpin was the person of my stress and to knock 'em down! Yes, when I was going through divorce #1 I used to pretend that Exie-pooh was the headpin. Damned if I didn't improve my average doing that ... and lowered my blood pressure, too.
7) Care to guess who I'd put an image of on a bowling pin? If you guessed Alien ... good for you. I still haven't heard from her either. It's to the point I quit trying. She'll get a hold of me when she's good and ready. I'm not going to stress over it.
8) Only four more weeks of school and then summer vacation! Yeah!! I'd never have thought at my age I'd be saying "yay summer break". But then ... who'da thunk that I'd be pushing 50 and finally getting that degree after all these years? LOL!
9) So ... knowing I'm so looking forward to no school for three months what do I do? I go and sign up for Ham Radio Classes! Yes. Can you believe it? Ham Radio!! What I'll do with the license I'll hopefully get at the end of the session I don't know. I'd hoped (still do) that I can work at least part of the year with Married Son and his Pilot Trucking business, where we'll use Ham Radios to communicate whilst on the road. But, that's up in the air until next summer (pilot ... up in the air ... really that pun wasn't intended). I'll be able to do Elsie's Attic from the road, too ... or else I'd never consider trying to do both.
10) Can someone please tell Mother Nature that spring is here? We got almost 6 inches of snow yesterday, and flurries all day today.
always wanted to get a ham radio and get licensed for it...but it's just not practical for me to sepnd the money on both, with so little time i could use it....
ReplyDeleteAmy, I contemplated waiting but decided to go for it. If for no other reason than to have it should other types of communication become unavailable (storms or other natural disaster, another grid-wide power crisis, cell phone provider failure, or whatever). Can't afford a radio yet, but I do have limited access to one after I'm licensed.
ReplyDeleteOh, did I mention that Single Son is teaching the class? LOL! And no, that doesn't mean I automatically pass. He's a tough teacher, and doesn't believe in favors. Besides, he won't be administering the FCC licensing test.
Ewww...more snow? Come stay with us...slightly breezy and in the 70's today! It just rained, so the air is clean and the sky is clear and bright!
ReplyDeleteAlien will come around....
Leann, All the snow is gone today. Yay!! It's a warm 54 degrees. I threw open the windows, and am enjoying the warm fresh air. Yes ... 54 is warm!! At least to me it is. Thanks for the invite, though. I'll keep it in mind the next spring snow shower we get (and I'm sure we will!).
ReplyDeleteI hope Alien does come around. At this point I'm not holding my breath, though.
could someone tell the old lady its autumn here and we dont need weather in the 90's anymore! LOL
ReplyDeleteIf I was doing all those courses and tests that you do the three month vacation would be spent uhhmm doing zero!
Bummer about Alien still not contacting you in person.. she's not ready for mamas wrath? LOL
Helen Jane, I'd tell Ma Nature it's autumn for you, but I don't think she's listening to me right about now. Although today was a beautiful day. The sun was out ... temps were warm (52 degrees). Short weather up here in the snowbelt!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. Do nothing? I wish!! I have so much planned for my vacation. Between cleaning, organizing, Elsie's Attic, Ham Radio ... and a few day trips I want to take I'm sure vacation will fly by!
Momma's wrath? Not really. What's done is done. She made her bed ... she can lay in it. I'm not going to help financially, nor will I offer a roof over that loser's head (his not hers - although if she wises up and leaves him she and the baby can move in with Bubba. Let him support her, after all he enabled the whole thing to happen in the first place). Neither will I babysit until the kid is older - and then only on occasion and for short lengths of time (under a few hours) ... my mother had a policy that she'd only occasionally babysit after the kid was able to (in her words) *hold a hamburger and flush the toilet*. Who am I to mess with family tradition?