I'll be sooooo glad when the semester is over. Only a week to go! Monday is our last day. Yippee!! I'm so ready for summer break! Then it's a summer of catching up with the things I let slide during the school year. You know ... chores!!
So, how 'bout that storm that blew through the area yesterday? High winds (70 MPH), hail, pelting rain. And there outside my bedroom window sat this furry little friend. Too scared to move for about ten minutes!!
I swear he was looking nasty at me ... "biiiiiitch, let me come in. I need shelter". He looked so scared!
And what a storm it was! We're lucky, we didn't have the normal trees down or branches littered all over the place. Wide spread power outages ... 117,000 + DTE customers without power. Hell, my folks lost power for about 8 hours yesterday! Hardest hit, of course, were the areas that my folks live in - and the area Single Son is a cop for. I'm hearing now that the area he patrols was hit by a tornado. He said it's a mess!!
Not a whole lot else going on today besides the typical studying. Did I mention I'll be glad when the semester is over?

Awwww...you should start your own 'Squirrel Rescue' or something!
ReplyDeletewow! glad you made it safely...and your family and your furry little friend there, too! it stayed totally gorgeous for us down here...just a tad windy was all...
ReplyDeleteHey Lisa, I bet you'll be glad when the semester is over huh? LOL
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you opened your window, would that little guy have come in? What a crazy position he's in. LOL
Leann, a squirrel rescue? No thanks!! I put up with a demanding resident squirrel named Stu. I don't think I want to do that again. Those midnight sessions of "Bowling for Acorns" about drove me batty!
ReplyDeleteAmy, thanks. We usually fare pretty well through storms. Well, minus fallen trees and blown off siding. LOL!
ReplyDeleteDi, the window *was* open!! I have a window fan there that I removed to take photos of the squirrel. He lives in the tree he's clinging to, as you can see it's just outside my bedroom window. Had he been thinking he probably could have jumped and made it through the window. I'm soooooo glad he wasn't thinking! Really!
ReplyDeleteAww poor lil thing..yeah I know they are pests but but but not here and he looks helpless. LOL
ReplyDeleteThe storm sounds like it was nasty am glad no damage was caused at your place!!