And as long as I'm at it ... it takes a special person to give themself a black eye. Care to guess who that talented person is? Yup ... moi! Long story short ... I was checking a sensitive area near where I had that growth removed on my cheek last year ... and my finger slipped!! I dotted my own eye basically!! Worse part is, I also left a half inch cut with my own finger nail! Thankfully I missed my eye, the cut is closer to my cheekbone.
I'm glad Mom didn't name me Grace!!
So ... school ... it's almost over! Yeah!! Marketing test was easy. Glad I opened the book the other night and read the chapters. LOL.
After class I went to sell my books back to the school. I won't tell the kids because I'm not going to give them a penny of it ... but I got $132 back. Too bad they didn't take my darned accounting book! The one class I couldn't wait to sell the book and they aren't buying it back. Grrrrrr. Guess I hit amazon.com or half.com (as a classmate is suggesting).
On Friday I'm going to the Secretary of State (Dept of Motor Vehicles) to get one of those enhanced driver's licenses. This way I won't need to have a passport to travel to Canada. Not all states have enhanced driver's licenses ... so if it's something you think you might be interested in, check your state's DMV site to see if it's available.
Tomorrow is Stress Management. I'm done with the work, I did my final presentation last week. I have to bring a snack. Since one of Married Son's four jobs (yes, four) is pizza delivery I was able to make a sweet deal with his boss for two extra large pan pizzas. Think that'll be enough of a snack? LOL.
Two more exams after that and it's SUMMER BREAK!! Yippee. Have I mentioned I'm soooo ready for it?
Oh, yeah ... I went grocery shopping after class today. Woo hoo. Big deal, right? Well ... check this out ... I was walking down the main aisle and saw Kelloggs cereals has Star Trek toys inside the box. Yes!! So I grabbed a few boxes, hey they *were* on sale. Yup ... that's my excuse. $2.50 for a box of cereal. Oh, and I found Star Trek Cereal, too!!!! For $2 no less! So ... now I can play with my Star Trek toy when I'm eating my Star Trek Cereal!!
I know, I know ... I need a life!!


cut your fingernails, lol.....I sell my textbooks on Ebay rather than Half.com - it costs more, but I get a much better response......and I end up making more because there's generally a bit of a bidding war (assuming it's the same book being used for the next semester).
ReplyDeleteI've cut my own chin with my own fingernail in the shower! I was reaching for something and jabbed myself in the face with my own thumbnail.
ReplyDeleteIs it possible we're related?
Good luck selling that last book and TAKE IT EASY!!! No more raking of the leaves...that's why you have adult children!
Em, thanks. eBay, eh? I hadn't even thought of them for selling text books. LOL! Single Son usually uses amazon.com - says even though he doesn't make as much money as he would elsewhere, he dumps his books quickly. Gee ... now I'm gonna have to go dig up all those other text books that I couldn't sell back. I wonder where that box went to? Hmmmmmm ...
ReplyDeleteYou know what's funny about the fingernails? I never used to grow them long. When Single Son was but a wee one (about a year old) he got hold of something he put in his mouth. I did the famous "mouth sweep" but he moved at the worst time. My claw ended up stabbing the roof of his mouth. I got whatever it was that he had in his mouth out and promptly handed him to my Mom (bloody mouth and all) and chopped my claws off. It took me until Alien was a teenager before I'd let them grow again. And damn, if they don't grow fast and thick!! Strong, too. Guess I'm gonna have to chop 'em off again, for my safety's sake! LOL!
Leann, OUCH!! I've done that, too. I don't know which hurts more ... the actually self inflicted stab wound, or the pride (if there's any witnesses). About every eight weeks I have to cut 'em back down to nothing or I'm sure by now I'd have died from self inflicted stab wounds!
ReplyDeleteCould well be we're related!! How are you with stairs? LOL
LOL. When I first read your comment about raking I could have sworn I read "that's why you have adult supervision". I texted Married Son (who knew I was raking the yard alone) and told him I'm getting to old for this shit. That I was leaving the rest of the yard for the younger residents of "The Home". Hmmm, funny he never texted back.
Ouch!! Yup thats a great idea leave the raking for the other younger residents of the home LOL.
ReplyDeleteNever given myself a black eye but have stabbed myself and left welts from scratching!
LOL@ playing with the star trek toy whilst eating the cereal.. can see you sitting there doing taht haha
Helen, LOL! Yup, leave the raking to the kids. I'm just not as young as I used to be.
ReplyDeleteOuch. Welts are no fun! I still haven't de-clawed myself. I'm proscrastinating! I'll hopefully get to it before I end up leaving permanent scars.
And what's really cool ... I dug the prize out of the cereal box. I got an engineering "beam up badge" ... and in the Star Trek fan club, I'm part of the engineering department. Whew, I was soooo worried I'd get one of those blasted Romulan or Klingon badges. Now to save up enough Star Trek points to get my free Star Trek t-shirt. Kidding ... or am I?
LOL...Nope your not kidding!! LOL
ReplyDeleteHelen, LOL! Probably not!! I've been in need of a Star Trek shirt for a while now, so you may be right on by saying I'm not kidding. I priced a few shirts ... up to about fifty bucks each!! With one cereal boxtop it's only ten bucks. Hmmmmm ...
ReplyDeleteOMG!! Writing that right now, I've come to see ... that I'm nothing but a big kid. Well seasoned, so to speak, but a big kid none the less.
Hey from $50 to $10 I'd be doing it that way too!
ReplyDeleteYup, you know me. Cheapskate that I am. LOL!
ReplyDeleteOkay....this blog post is totally for you! It's not mine, but one of my favorite blogs when I want a good giggle!
ReplyDeletehttp://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/05/trek-through-stars.html
Thanks Leann ... I"m on the way to check it out!! HUGS!!
ReplyDelete