KUA

KUA

4/3/09

Friday Stuff ...

Been a few days ... let's see what I can remember from the last few days.

Coming out of class on Wednesday I saw deer in the field on campus. Five of them. Little ones, grazing. I didn't see Momma, but I'm sure she was close by. Not a big deal for those of you who live in the country, but to a city girl like myself it was a neat experience. Not often I see deer.

Yesterday was Stress Management class. We got our two week journals back. I scored 210 out of a possible 200. Said it was one of the best journals she'd seen, and she'd seen a lot of good journals out of this class. Then it was a test. Open notes. Real easy ... we had a note session last week (or was it the week before). Group project. Answer the questions that your group was given, put them on the white boards and elect a team spokesman to read the notes to the class. Guess who was our groups spokeswoman. Yup, I was. Oh yeah ... we were given about an hour to copy the notes from the boards to our notebooks before reading them aloud. The test was over those notes. Nothing else. As I'm reading the test questions I realize she had given us verbatim the note-taking day questions, they were even in the exact same order, too. Anyone who doesn't get a 100% on that puppy has serious problems!! The last few questions were personal questions. What's your favorite way to relieve stress? (I said, "Visualization, listening to music or meditation CDs"). What did you learn from the journal project? (I said basically "to let go of the things I cannot control. Move on. Forgive."). Well, I thought and thought about that last question. As I wrote it out, it had me in tears, considering what has been going on lately - and realizing yeah ... let go and move on. Forgive. Like ya'll keep reminding me I need to do.  Coach busted me with a face full of tears and told me to meet her in the back of the classroom. We talked. I felt better. She gave me some teen pregnancy information that I can pass on to Alien. A place where she can get pre-natal medical supervision, counseling and support and freebies for her and the baby.

Alien still hasn't contacted me, so she doesn't have the above information yet. I'm going to have DIL copy the info in her own writing and pass it along to Alien. Something tells me that if Alien thinks it's from me she'll disregard it ... at least she'll accept it from DIL. DIL will also work on making sure she follows through and visits this place. We'll see.

I talked to my mom today, too. No, I didn't tell her about Alien, not completely anyway. That's not my place. Alien made her choices, she gets the "fun" of telling everyone. Especially MY mother!! As it is, Mom had no idea Alien even moved out five months ago. Just too stressful on my mother to know everything that happens around here. Oh, she found out today alright! I told her all about it, about Alien running away ... the cops ... the whole thing. Told Mom, too, that I didn't want to stress her out, that's why she wasn't told until now. As soon as I finished talking Mom asked, "So is she pregnant?" OMG!! Talk about on the spot. And again, I'm NOT going to be the one telling Mom! So ... "well, Mom. I don't know. She hasn't said one way or the other." Well, technically I'm not lying ... Alien hasn't said one way or the other, not to my face anyway. I hate doing it this way ... but it's not my place to say anything.

This weekend is spent studying, working on Elsie's Attic stuff and making an invention. It doesn't have to actually work, but we have to invent something and then market it for my Marketing Theory class. So ... what I invented is a digital image projector for bowling alleys. Imagine ... you're ticked at your spouse, boss, or the mounting bills, or whatever ... you bring a .jpg file of the person/thing making you upset on your flash drive (or you can use generic photos from a photo library) and upload them when you type in your name on the lane computer. The image is projected on the headpin when it's your turn to bowl ... something for you to aim at. Take out your aggressions in a non-violent way ... and improve your bowling score at the same time. Think I could sell the idea to Brunswick? Hehehehe ...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great invention! I just hope you get to be a fly on the wall when Alien tells your mom the news! It' sounds like you are DOMINATING most of your classes! WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha oh yeah can just see all the people bowling smashing the balls to bits great way to get rid of aggression!

    Silly girl if she disregards any help at that age she needs as much as whats offered!

    ReplyDelete