KUA

KUA

2/2/13

Common Sense ...

... seems to be non-existant. Especially around here.

And I am beginning to think my sense is leaving me, too ... how else could I survive unless my senses are numbed?

Someone's sense of entitlement is amazing. If anyone should have a sense of entitlement it should be ME ... the homeowner whose house (and life) has been invaded for how long now?

Nope, doesn't work that way. Not with Gadget. And it's going to come to heads real quick here.

And it won't be pretty.

*****

Gizmo and I have already butted heads in the last week because of Gadget. Different things that she feels entitled to, and he stood up for her.

Now, had I been in the wrong, I'd gladly have apologized. But no sirree, you don't waltz into someone else's house and start making unreasonable demands. Reasonable demands for that matter!!

I lived with my in-laws for three years just after Alien was born. I never once would have thought about going against my (ex) father in law's rules. No matter how stupid they seemed to me. His house, his rules. Period.

Why is "demanding" that same respect impossible? 

Telling someone to do something (like cleaning the floor from her ice cream spills) only gets me a text message from Gizmo "you upset her by demanding she do the floors. Can you please ask nicely?"

My original request went something like this ... "Gadget can do the kitchen floors and I'll do the counters". 

WTF is this? Kindergarten?

*****

Sad thing is, DIL is looking better and better every day!!

And no, there's no reconciliation coming. He's finished. Things Boss Man has learned in the last few weeks talking to DIL's friends, he's done. Finished. Kapoot!

DIL got pregnant on purpose to keep Boss Man from breaking up with her all those years ago. She also had been trying to get pregnant again to keep him from leaving her now. We see how that worked. No she's not pregnant.

A reliable source also reports they have knowledge of several affairs she's had in the years they were married. 

*****

I never in my life thought that Alien would be my rock ... not after the problems we've had over the last few years. But, she is ...

Is that sad? Or is it that we've grown past our problems, and have grown closer because of it.


She's a good Mommy, and I'm damned proud of her for that. Her sons are good boys, they only turn into little monsters when their step father is around. Then again, he doesn't treat them well, they're only acting out. I can't say as I blame them.

 *****

I would love for my life to be mundane. Boring. Nothing ever happens. Blog about planning my spring veggie garden, or about the Star Trek material I just purchased and what I'm going to sew with it.

I find with all this stinking drama, I don't have the energy to blog about that sort of stuff - let alone actually sew my projects!!

I think I really need to start doing something I learned in my stress management class back in college (man, I MISS college) ... that's to find at least ONE positive thing each and every day and write it down. Could be a good blog entry (and reason to blog more). Then again, some days the only good thing that happens is that I've overcome the urge to choke the living shit out of certain people.

 So, do I start blogging one positive event in my day? Or is anyone even reading these entries anymore? It's hard to tell some days.

Actually, I think I might try just that, if for no one else's benefit but my own sanity.

*****

On that, my first positive entry ... Alien and the boys are coming over tonight. Butterball starts school on Monday and he needs to make a collage for the teacher. Family, friends, things he likes, etc. They need my printer. I've been picking out some pictures I took of both boys over the summer, and family pics from Christmas. He can pick and choose what he wants to put in his collage.

I love those little boys!! They bring sunshine and smiles with them!! They love their "MomMom" ... that's what they call me ... MomMom ... hehe.

I'm geeked that Butterball is starting Head Start!!

*****

6 comments:

  1. For the record - I read these things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its always healthier to focus on the positive rather than the negative - especially when your life is surrounded by bad energy and so much of what is happening is out of your control. I think when your kids grow up they start to understand that its tough to be an adult and that helps them relate to you better - and in the case of Alien - it sounds like she is growing up, finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, thank you for reminding me that positive thinking has it's benifits. I forget that so often! It's hard to remember with all the negativity from certain folks around that are in my life. I remember my Gigi telling me about those silver linings ... or to always look for something positive no matter how difficult that may be at times. Oh, and to look for humor, its all around us and if we don't laugh we'll suffer in the long run. Thanks again, Em ... and thanks for checking in (again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading them now! Okay, how was Em seeing these and not me? And OMG to think all this time you were just plugging along with nothing except some starfleet and the visits from alien I see referenced on Facebook! Okay, back to playing catch up in reverse order....

    BTW...wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to type that I thought you were just plugging away with nothing going on..because obviously you weren't!

      Delete
  5. I'm thinking that you can see my blog now because I broke down and made it public. I'm really having problems figuring blogger out obviously. Glad you're able to see what's been blogged. Sure not as dull as I make it out to be on facebook. So ... you gonna start blogging again? Lol

    ReplyDelete