Let's start with Sunday.
As I'm getting ready for my interview at noon, I get a text from Drama-rama. "Can Gizmo come and get some stuff?"
"When?"
"Now. He's here."
"Here? There? Where's here"
"At your doorstep".
Thanks for the advance warning!! I'm on a freaking time limit here, and you're texting me from my driveway? I told Gizmo that from now on I need at least an hour warning that they'll be coming over to get their stuff. It's only the polite thing to do.
So I opened the door for him. The only nice comment he had, as he stepped in the house, was "wow, you've cleaned up the place."
After that, he was rather rude asking why he had to wait for me to open the door. Hello? You don't live here, you moved out. Left me high and dry wondering how I'm going to pay the bills you were supposed to have paid last month ... and you think you're going to walk right in?
Drama-rama made a rather dramatic entrance a few minutes later. Slammed the door open so hard it bounced off the cookbook shelf that sits behind the front door. No, she didn't knock either. I had to remind her (in the nicest voice I could muster) that she has to knock on the door from now on as she's no longer a resident here, and that it's the socially polite thing to do.
They didn't bring a van, only his small car, so they didn't take much with them. I asked when he'd be back for the rest of his stuff, as it being here is holding up my progress. He said he didn't know.
It was then I told him that I have a job interview and before I could say I was short on time today and therefore couldn't visit with him today ... and she pipes in with "about freaking time you got off your ass and got a job". "That comment was uncalled for. Besides, I was speaking to Gizmo, thank you" ... and the morning went downhill from there. I couldn't talk to him without her putting her two cents in, didn't matter what I had to ask, she would not let him answer - she would answer for him.
I managed to get him alone for a few minutes while she was over talking to the neighbor. I asked him about the missing items. Of course, he denied it. He even went so far as to say that DIL probably took the crock pot (forget the fact she hasn't been here in weeks). He also said that living on their own was more expensive than he thought (doih) and he would not be paying the overdue bills. I figured as much.
Oh, and according to Gizmo, I kicked them out. Ummmmm ... Yeah, I encouraged them in leaving, but how is that evicting them? Another lie she created, that I kicked them out while he was at work.
No matter, I don't have to deal with the lies again.
This is not how I wanted to spend my time preparing physically and mentally for a job interview.
But I decided right then and there that I have no emotions concerning her anymore. That I was not going to let someone like her ruin my day ... or the chance for me getting a good job.
By the time Mom came to pick me up to take me to the interview, I was so over the rough start to the morning. I was ready for a positive experience ... and walked into the interview with every confidence that I was going to give the best damned interview ever!!
*****
The interview went great. And it definitely turned out to be the best job interview I've ever had, and I've had some good ones. After a long interview (forty five minutes) Manager D wouldn't say for sure that I had the job, but a good clue would be that late in the interview while we were waiting for a second manager to do his part of the interview, Manager D said "hell, since we have to wait on Manager E, we'll start your day-of-hire paperwork. Get that out of the way now". After Manager E talked to me, he and Manager D talked out in the hallway (left the door wide open, too), and I heard Manager D say that he thought I'd be a "huge asset to the front end (cash registers). She's personable, and outgoing. We need that up front".
So, sounds like I'm in for sure. We just have to go through the formalities of the drug tests and back ground check for things to be "official". Then it'll be a week of paid training before they put me on a register.
I can't wait. I'm ready. I miss working with the customer and am excited to get back into it after six years away from the register.
*****
Mom took me today (Monday) to the clinic for the drug test. Quick and painless. Of course peeing in a cup isn't painful in the least (unless you miss, which I didn't. TMI?) The lady at the clinic said the results would be sent to the store within two days.
That just leaves the back ground check. I don't expect problems with that. Nothing more than a few speeding tickets in my lifetime, the last more than 16 years ago ... never arrested ... pretty boring stuff really.
*****
I will have to get a few collared shirts, crew type shirts ... but that's not a biggie.I already own blue and black jeans (allowed dress-code clothing) ... shirts don't have to be a certain color, just so they have a collar and no logos on them, since all of the employees wear company aprons anyway. Button up collared shirts are fine, but I'm not big on button up shirts (I tend to pop the buttons at the worst possible times, LOL).
And Mom's getting a new vehicle this week, so I'll have her "old" minivan by the end of the week it sounds like. Just in time for Manager M to call and set up my training period!!
I think its perfectly fine for you to not allow that woman in your house again since she was so rude. He can get what he needs and she can stay in the vehicle. Speaking of which, I'm assuming that the dead van has left the premises - if not you need to make sure its not in the way since you'll need to park your Mom's van. I'm really excited for you...and I really think you just need to keep the drama away from you. Make them set an appointment to come over to your house and get more stuff and try to have someone with you (maybe your mom) when they do....cause this two on one stuff needs to stop. What if you lose your temper and push her - or vice versa- it could get really ugly and you don't need that . Just accept she's a bitch and stay away.
ReplyDeleteEm, well said!! She is a bitch and I do need to stay away ... from her and the self created Drama!! Rusty Knight has offered to be my "escort" for when they do show up, but he's such a hot-head that I know things would transpire that I just don't want ... or need. Mom's not a good "chaperone" either, she doesn't show it, but the stress of this whole situation is worse on her than it should be ... so I guess if they don't bring a Peace Officer with them, I'm on my own (or I could insist they bring one with them). Gizmo will be back later this week, I've learned, with his FedEx delivery truck to take more of the large crap. He'll need to have her help with removing the stuff, since I can't lift the heavy stuff. I'll just have to keep quiet and NOT ask him anything (or say anything) as we know how she takes control of his conversations. He hasn't said when exactly, but he knows I need advance warning!
ReplyDeleteYes, the van is still here. It's not drivable. They at least had the decency to push it out of the main driveway to the gravel secondary parking. They even put it under the tree, a place no car can park because of rough terrain. I'll give them that ... but only that ... in the way of consideration.