KUA

KUA

3/5/13

Been a few days ...

It's been a few GOOD days here, thanks to the ability to IGNORE those who otherwise cause me so much stress.

No news on moving day. But then, when no one is talking to the other person, news does not travel. Period.

I do hear lots of activity from downstairs, boxes being packed. Or, I'm assuming packed since I hear a lot of sounds I've never heard before, sounds like things being moved, sorted and occasionally dropped. ... not that I'm eavesdropping, but if you're in my bathroom, you can hear everything that goes on down there through the heater vent.

So ... what happened around here lately that's made the days good?

*****

Sunday The Knight in Rusty Armor called, "Mom, whatcha doing? We're going to bring dinner over to your house, cook it and spoil you like you deserve".

My first thought was "what does he want?" LOL ... I did decline the offer, only because not only is my living room a mess from all the Wrecking Crew 2's activity (and dangerous for two toddlers), but it's tense here, something those little ones don't need to be exposed to!!

They did come over, but after they ate dinner. And they brought a huge plate of yummy Chicken Noodles with them. It was huge, I'm still eating it!! LOL.

We hung out in my office ... it's got the toybox in it for now. So the boys got to play while we adults talked.

 Rusty Knight asked if they could move in when the Wrecking Crew 2 is gone! NO WAY!!! He said "I'll mow the lawn, shovel snow, help with repairs around the house, and once you have a car I'll do the repairs. You won't even know we're here!!"

NO NO NO NO NO ... I had a buttload of reasons why not, and I told him why it wouldn't work.
First of all, did you notice that he didn't say anything about splitting the bills? Second of all, Alien is a wonderful, caring, loving mommy, but her housekeeping skills sadly lack!!

I don't need another bunch of free-loading slobs under my roof. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I love my daughter enough to say NO!

I had nightmares Sunday night ... I lived in a house with no walls, only floors and a roof. People I didn't know wandered in, used (and damaged) my possessions, without so much as an offer to contribute to the household in which they just invited themselves into.

*****

Monday went much better. Mom was supposed to pick me up at noon, but called to say she was running late, thanks to Daddy and not being able to sleep last night. Seems that Daddy fell again, they had to call 911 since she can't get him off the floor. He hit his head on the doorknob, leaving a nasty bump on the side of his forehead. Of course, Mom couldn't sleep, between keeping an eye on Daddy, and worrying about if that knot caused a concussion (the EMT said to just watch him, no need to take him to the ER).

I said we could wait a day or two (even though I didn't have food to make it through the next day or so - except for that massive dish of noodles with chicken from Alien). Mom said no, she'd be over to get me, that SHE needed a little break from Daddy and wasn't going to cancel because of a bump.

Our first stop was Red Lobster. She wanted to try that Cobb Salad I keep raving about. I ordered one, too ... she loved it. It's a huge salad, we both had to have it boxed for take home.

Next stop was the tile store. Mom's redoing their kitchen and had to return the samples she had purchased. We looked around, I think I found the backsplash I want for the kitchen.

Then off to the grocery store. There's a bench in the front of the store, Mom said she'd be sitting there waiting for me. I zipped through the store (doesn't take long to spend my $40 weekly food budget, LOL), but when I got there, no Mom. She'd decided that as long as we were there, she'd pick up a few items she needed.I know most of the people who work there (two decades of shopping the same store, lol), and I asked the cashier near the bench if she'd seen my mommy. We had a good laugh over that. Ten minutes or so later, I finally found Mom, with a full grocery cart!! A few items, eh? Geesh!! Passing the cashier again, she comes up to us, hugs Mom and says "Momma, we found you!" Poor Mom ... hadn't a clue who this stranger was!!

Mom did say that as soon as I find a job, she'll lease a new vehicle for her. As she stated, "I'm 83 years old, I'm too old to be buying another vehicle". I'll take over the van she drives now. I'll make the lease payments for the van, she'll pay insurance until I'm able to.

I can live with that. It's a nice Town and Country mini-van.

Mom and I also talked about what I want to do with the house once they've flown the coop ... that will follow in a separate blog so I can find it when I need it, LOL.

*****

I keep day-dreaming about how nice it'll be to have my house back. No having to lock up my valuables. No remembering where I hid the key for the cash lock-box. No locking doors behind me when I leave a room, or having to make sure I have the keys with me. No more having to have key-lock door knobs on the interior doors!! No having to take my roll of toilet paper into the bathroom and remembering to take it with me when I leave (or it'll disappear, never to be seen again, but remember, I'm the one that steals!!) ... or having to take my shampoo or conditioner with me when I shower. No more messes from others, only MY messes to worry about. No more disrespect.

Ahhhhhh, and it's sooo close I can see it. See it in the packed boxes they've moved to the middle of the living room (creating not only an eye-sore but a path that I must carefully navigate).

How do two people who live in Mom's basement accumulate so much crap? That's what I can't understand!!

I do know my house will be a lot emptier ...

SOON, very soon. Not soon enough, though.

*****

Em, I can't figure out blogger ... I'm trying to make it easier for you to access my blogs, and to leave comments ... I'll figure it out yet!!

5 comments:

  1. She lives!!!! Hmm, maybe I shouldn't pick on you for not blogging when I haven't been doing it either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Amy, I've been doing a lot of blogging lately!! Glad to see you're around ... now to get YOU to clean out the cobwebs on your blog (hint, hint)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, I opened my blog to "public" ... I had to remove one paragraph in a past blog ... I've already been threatened by certain people that if certain information is made public I can expect legal action against me ... so I've removed said information. Sad that I'd be sued for stating the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to add ... so now I think your problems posting comments may be over!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa - I don't think it was ever you - I think it was blogger - I'd try to put comments in and they would vanish.....If you need to be nonpublic again thats fine...it just means I have to remember to come look because you don't update on my blogroll. But you know, its very difficult and expensive to "take legal action" against someone....and quite frankly even if they won they can't very well collect money from someone who doesn't have any. But I've always thought that its better to be safe than sorry - this internet stuff hangs around for years and years and years...

    ReplyDelete