I took a bunch of pictures of the kitchen BEFORE ... I won't take "after" photos until it's completely reclaimed. I don't think I'll post all 18 photos.
I have to admit ... I'm so embarrassed by the photos you are about to see. Notice the windows are covered, until this mess is gone, I don't open the shades ... you'll understand why shortly.
Taking the photos I did notice some of my stuff has vanished. Half a tote worth of food storage plastics. Of course they were the ones with the lids ... the "good stuff" so to speak.
And there's four days worth of food missing from the freezer. Along with a bunch of condiments from the fridge. Things I bought!!
And she's still got the nerve to say I STEAL?
I would write it off as the cost of having her in the house, had it not been for the fact that I only can budget $40 a week for groceries.
I'll just be glad when all this is over. Once and for all. Don't invite me over. Not that it would matter, I wouldn't come, even IF I knew where they moved to!! That's right ... I don't know where they moved. Gadget doesn't want me knowing. And she's telling everyone that we mutually know to NOT tell me. No skin off my back. Really.
It's not like I was going to surprise them with a house-warming gift anyway. Not after she's helped herself to whatever she sees fit anyway.
*****
So ... here we go ... picture time.
Look at all that counter space being wasted!
Let's just toss things wherever ...
More stuff. The blue bowl was someones solution for storing container lids.
Won't see this stuff in Martha Stewart, people!!
This is supposed to be my kitchen desk, it's been a catch all for way too long
Look at all those leftover she left me!!
See the crispers? For years that was the only storage I had for my groceries!!
Used to be this was so full you could barely fit it in the cupboard. Looks full doesn't it? NOT!
But doesn't that empty shelf above it look heavenly?
Let's just shove Mom's stuff everywhere.
This was the only pantry space I had for almost eight years.
So much for stacking the pots neatly.
What the pictures don't show clearly are the ice cream stains on the floor, and counter ... or the cruddy spills on the front right burner (I forgot to take pics). I'm so not going to miss having to come in and clean up after a bunch of PIGS, yes, pigs!!
And it'll be heavenly to have a place for everything and know that everything is in it's place!!
And I just noticed the toilet plunger is gone, too. Seriously, how mental must one be to steal a flipping toilet plunger?
ReplyDeleteCalgon take me away!
ewww....stealing a used toilet plunger? can we say contamination issues? anyways, remind me to blog how i once lived. this place may be hilljack, but neither it nor your place (not half as bad as i was expecting, to hear you talk about it!) has anything on my place in akron....
ReplyDeleteand how incredibly childish is "i don't want her to know where i live"???? as someone who works taking care of people with mental disorders for a living...she's not right in the head. bet at least one of her "doctors appointments" is a counselor of sorts. i'm guessing borderline personality disorder...they like to be manipulative and create drama as a way of validating themselves. And if she's stalking you and reading this...hey, did i win my bet? but back to the "don't tell her where i live" bit: what....you might break in and clean for her or something?
her name is henceforth changed from gadget to drama llama. as much as it pains me to insult llamas like that....
Hey Lisa that's not so bad. I have cupboards like that. Especially the plastic container cupboard.
ReplyDeleteThat's an easy fix that room lots to get rid of, keep what you want pack neatly and wash down.
I always find once some clutter is moved or gotten rid of I always always feel better!.
Oh btw that's so shit you only had two crispers for your stuff! Yeah I would mouthed off and said go to..... :)
Lisa, I tend to be overly obsessive about living clutterfree, but I have to tell you that what I see is pretty typical for people I know. Like Helen said, its really not that bad. But put it the way you want it - give away or sell the stuff you don't want and be happy.......
ReplyDeleteLast night I texted Alien with "Seriously? The toilet plunger, too? What sort of sicko steals a nasty old toilet plunger?" Her response was "See, she really IS full of shit". Good one!! I needed that laugh!!
ReplyDeleteTo me that kitchen is horrible!! But I guess it could be worse, right? I used to be an organized person, a place for everything and everything in it's place. But that seems a lifetime ago. It's hell living not knowing where the baking dish is without a lengthy search (and then having to take the steel wool pad to it before I can use it because someone didn't wash it properly), or sticking to the floor because the slobs left the ice cream that hit the floor there.
I guess it's not the worse room in the house ... I'll have to post pics of the bedroom that the Wrecking Crew had. Now there's the stuff nightmares are made of!!
Amy, no she's not right in the head. But the last few months of blog entries illustrates that.
Oh, Amy ... I was thinking, drama llama isn't a good name for her. Poor llamas don't deserve that! Drama mama, drama queen ... even drama-rama. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions ...
ReplyDelete