KUA

KUA

3/21/13

Getting Closer ...

I should hear back about my drug test and background check either tomorrow or Monday. Can't be soon enough, I'm getting antsy to start working!!

Mom and Daddy have been talking. Daddy's decided that they will not give me the minivan, but will sell it to me instead. He's asking for $50 a month for it (he didn't specify how long I'll have to pay), and for now until I go full-time, he'll pay for the insurance (add another $50 a month for that after I've gone to full-time). Not bad, not bad at all. That I can afford!!

Not a lot else going on here today. Been busy with paperwork for BossMan. I'm trying to get everything all caught up so that once I am working this second job, I'll be in a position to keep up with the trucking paperwork as it comes in.

I know, I should have been on top of it from the beginning and I pretty much was for a long time. Until I think of a better way to organize everything and then redo all the files!! I need to stop doing that! It just creates a lot of new (unnecessary) work for me!!

*****

I'm still adjusting to an empty house ... but that's not a bad thing! I'm feeling a bit spoiled that I can do what I want and not meet with any resistance anymore.

My problem seems to be that after so many years, I'm having a hard time adjusting to using the pantry. I'm still going to the cupboard where I used to store my food and finding the toaster and other small kitchen electronics there. I have to laugh at myself. Frequently.

It's still amazing to know that I don't have to waste time (or water) readjusting the shower head before each shower. There's no clothes left laying on the floor, nor is the garbage can overflowing with someone elses used tissues. And don't forget that all important roll of toilet paper ... it's always there!!

I go to bed knowing the kitchen is clean, and will wake up to the same clean kitchen. No overflowing trash can there, either. And science experiments in the fridge are a thing of the past.

I know ... I know ... I'm easily pleased. Heck ya!! After so many years of others messes, it's nice to know that slowly, ever so slowly, the house is being reclaimed as MY TERRITORY.

Ya'll are gonna get sick of me marveling over it all. How wonderful it is to be "Queen" of my own Castle again.

Yes ... I will be posting more pictures as the project continues. Promise!!




3 comments:

  1. WOW - 50 bucks a month for insurance - you are a lucky woman.....mine's closer to 75 a month and I have the highest deductibles I can manage. Don't know what the "making car payments" thing is about, cause you're well past the age of "teaching kids to be responsible with money, lol". But in any case I'm glad you are getting used to living alone...I love it myself. I expect you'll see your utility bills go down quite a bit as well without the other bodies around - and even more once you are working and not in the house so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, the only reason that insurance is so low is it'll stay on my parents insurance policy. With a multi-car and senior discount it'll be somewhere around fifty bucks a month. I know I'm past the being taught a financial lesson by my folks, I'm pretty sure it's just to ease their car leasing costs. Which is fine with me. They've done so much for me already, I'm happy to contribute where I can.

    The bills, yup!! I've been following usage online at the different utility company websites. ALL down considerably from even last month. It'll be nice to see the savings!!

    I tell ya, nothing beats the peace and quiet I'm experiencing!! I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally...things are coming together!

    ReplyDelete