KUA

KUA

3/27/13

Ketchup ...

I mean ... Catch Up ... let's see ... the last few days ...

The kitchen is officially done. Well, the stuff I could afford to do anyway. Window treatments and a few storage solutions I have yet to do will have to wait. But, I'll snap pictures as soon as I remember where I hid the camera. Butterball loves all things electronic, especially MomMom's gadgets, so I have to hide everything really well. Too well in this case, I can't remember where I put it!! Can't use my cell phone to snap pics either, as I seem to have hidden the data cord for that as well.

But pics coming soon!

It'll be soooo nice when things are fully organized around here and I can have ONE hiding place for all of the things I need to keep Butterball away from! Preferably something with a lock on it!

*****

I still haven't heard from Gizmo or Drama-rama. I've left several messages that they have mail here, and they need to get the rest of their stuff. Their crap is holding me back with progress on the rest of the house!!

Heaven help Drama-rama should be told to come get her stuff. Of course, I'm being ignored. It's got to be her way of having a little control over Big-Bad-Me. She'll do it in her own time, not in my time preferences. I've left messages on my son's cell phone. Yes, my son's cell phone. Apparently she's taken it over as the two times I did get a response in the last few weeks was her calling me back, stating "I got your message on Gizmo's phone. We can't possibly come over this week to get the rest of our things because DOT DOT DOT". She's got an excuse every time.


But never mind, the emotions she thinks she's going to stir up for me just aren't gonna happen. I'm done with it. I need to move on. Besides, I just don't need that stress. And since I've adopted this whole not-going-to-have-any-emotions-whatsover mentality, my stress levels have gone down considerably.

Now to just figure out how I'm going to get those bills paid and I'll be stress free!!

*****

So, you may have seen on facebook that I got the job at Home Depot! YAY!! Finally. Orientation isn't until April 13th. But I'm in!! I'm good to go! Now I'll just need to prove to them that making me a full time, year 'round employee is in their best interest!! And that won't be too hard to do once they see what type of a cashier I am.

*****

 I'll keep my 1te job (with BossMan). The pay will help, well, when I get paid anyway, LOL. The company is going through a huge transition right now. To leave would only end up devestating BossMan. I'm the only employee he has left!! He had to fire the Truck Driver over the weekend. He ended up going to North Carolina (where the truck was) to empty out his personal belongings that he'd loaned to the driver and is turning the truck back to the leasing company. So that'll end the semi-truck portion of One Time Express.

He will keep the van he's been working out of for expedite deliveries, though. It's much more lucrative, the overhead isn't nearly as high as with the semi, and there's a much better profit margin with the company we're now contracting with. 

It'll take a few months, I'm sure, but we'll finally be in the black again.

So, that's an ongoing thing. I'll keep ya'll posted as things develop. 

*****

Mom has talked to the Knight in Rusty Armor and has asked him to paint the family room. She'll pay him $100 to do it, something he said wasn't necessary. His words were something like "I enjoy helping family out, you don't need to pay me". Mom said "don't be a fool, take the money, use it for your sons". So ... that'll happen in about a month. AFTER Gizmo and Drama-rama get their crap out of here so I can move forward with where to put the stuff that's in the family room now.

Then she's got more that she wants Rusty Knight to do, but we'll keep that to ourselves for now. If not, he'd come on here, wanting to do it all right away, and not pace himself. And pacing is all important when you have a budget to consider. 

*****

After a week and a half of calling the phone company with no results, they have finally agreed there is a problem with my phone line and will be out next week to do repairs. 

You'd think after 18 years of my living in this house, I would know of which I speak. But noooooo, they think that I don't know squat. They claim squirrels don't like teflon. Ummm, my squirrels LOVE it. 

One of the techs I spoke to today actually had a suggestion for me .... "lady, you need to put up squirrel feeders throughout your property. They're obviously hungry". I DO feed them, but don't have any fancy feeders for their meals. I just put their feed on the ground!! Maybe I need to rethink the whole squirrel dining environment. Create a little ambience? 

But they are fed ... and rather well at that. I think the squirrels use the teflon-coated phone lines as dental floss, and I told the tech so!!

2 comments:

  1. I have missed your blogs and found my way here, it may take me a while to learn - having now reached the age of 60 I'm being made to feel old and incapable but will do my utmost to prove everyone - especially my kids wrong!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, welcome back!! I missed you!! You go, girl ... always remember, age is nothing but a number!! You're as old or young as you feel. You prove those kids of yours wrong! You're not old!! And if you have to, hit 'em with your walking stick to get the point across! ;)

    ReplyDelete