I suppose I could have used the dishwasher, but a lot of the stuff had to be scoured with a steel wool pad, so that took a lot longer than I had anticipated.
Brillo loves me ... two boxes later (and three tall containers of Comet) ... and I'm almost ready for the after photos!!
*****
A lot of the stuff I could have kept, but decided that it would better serve at Alien's house. Lots of food containers, all plastic. No glass around those kiddies! They break things!! Although, I did give her a coffee maker (brand new, barely used) and almost a dozen coffee mugs so she can enjoy the coffee she's now taken to drinking daily.
In one of the before pictures there was a blue storage tub in the bottom of the pantry. That's entirely empty, everything either tossed or donated to Alien. I'm not sure what I'll do with that space yet. As it is right now, it's the perfect hiding space for a toddler or two!
I did buy a set of eight new containers for me, so I'm not leaving myself without ways to store left overs. The whole set only cost $5. Gotta love that "5 Below" store!! If you have one in your area, it's worth checking out. Some of their stuff is crap, but they do have good deals mixed in there, too.
I've got a nice little list going of things I want to replace eventually. Now I'll be prepared when Mom asks me what I want for those gift giving holidays. Toaster, hand mixer, bread box ... nothing too expensive, but things I still need around here.
*****
I'm having a blast finding things that Alien can use. My next toss and sort project will be the linen closet, only because I know there's sheets and stuff in there that she can use.
Originally I was just going to post all of my "rejects" on either Craigslist or on Waterford Freecycle, a local place to list those things that you either want to get rid of, or are in need of, for free. But knowing that Alien still doesn't have all those things that one needs to run a household (even after all this time on her own), well, I'd rather see it go to someone I know!!
do my house next? or at least teh barn stalls? 'cause i don't wanna....
ReplyDeleteLOL! Barn stalls? Hmmmmm ... lots of CRAP there, I bet. ;)
ReplyDeleteMaybe I missed my calling ... should I help people organize and let go of their stuff? Probably not ... after all, look how bad I let things get here. Yeah, I blame myself for not being a lot tougher on the Wrecking Crews. Or would that better qualify me as I rose above it and therefore know of which I preach? LOL ...
Hmmmmmmm ...