KUA

KUA

3/1/13

Late Start Today

Boy, did I sleep in! But I needed it! I haven't slept like that in a long time.

Gizmo came up to my "office" last night. He closed (and locked) the door behind him, and turned up the volume on the radio. It was obvious he didn't want to be interrupted, or overheard for that matter.

This is killing him, the way our relationship has been lately. He respects that I can't stand Gadget, but doesn't understand why. He will not insist we get along. In fact, he asked if I would ignore her for the time they're still here.

I have NO problem with that.

Gizmo also said he's not out to screw me over, that the bills will be paid this week, and will make sure they are 100% current until their move-out date (in other words, next month's bills, too).

We also talked about what they'll be taking with them. Nothing of mine, that's for sure. That includes the entertainment center he thought was his (he's been using it for the last six years).

He is leaving his wireless box here for me. The apartment they're moving to has wireless, so it's not needed. He'll also be rewiring the internet stuff here so that it's connected in my office. It's presently in his basement bedroom.

I told him that he is welcomed to visit me anytime, but to please leave Gadget at home. I explained that I've tried to get along with her, that I've tried to be happy for him to have finally have a good woman in his life ... however, she is not a good woman and that I will not allow her in my home.

I can only tell him the truth about what she has done to me, it's up to him to believe me or not. And obviously he doesn't. I confront her, she denies it, accuses me of lying.

There's too many others who have gone through what I have - both friends and family. The story's the same, the faces are different. Yet, obviously we're all full of it, that we're lying and she's telling the truth. Um, if so many people who never met before have the same stories, wouldn't one begin to think that maybe, just maybe, the "victim" isn't really the victim after all, but the liar?

But I'm not going to worry about that anymore.

My "game" is now to ignore her ... I'll talk to Gizmo behind a locked door, with the radio blasting.

And locking the doors to my private spaces. 

I'm just relieved I won't lose the relationship with my son to this after all.

2 comments:

  1. I am just getting all these posts; didn't know about any of it or I would've been all like (((HUG))). And Jo back to reading these out of order going back in time, and just thinking "wow"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "go back", not jo back...i was typing on my phone :)

    ReplyDelete