THE EMPTY NEST!!
Yes, that's right folks, the moving van (a FedEx delivery van) just pulled out of my driveway!! It's packed to practically busting with their personal belongings. They have one more trip for the last of the stuff, and to get the van ...
The van ... it died. I figured it would, they both are rough on vehicles, very rough (but we already knew Gizmo was, lol). I nicely told him he's got until the end of the weekend to get it and his other possessions out of the house. That once everything is gone, I can start on that long list I need to tackle - at least in the rooms where his crap still is.
We did have a private talk, just Gizmo and I, before he left. I asked how I was going to handle the overdue bills. He said "I'm working on that" ... in other words, I may possibly get them paid before the shut off notices appear next month.
It'd be nice to have those things current, you know?
*****
So, tonight I just chill. Enjoy the freedom of the empty nest. Goodness knows I deserve a night to chill after all I've been through.
Tomorrow I reclaim MY kitchen. That'll take me a good two days. And yes, there's going to be plenty of before and after pics. I just warn you, some of these before pics may not be for the weak of heart!!
*****
LOL, just got off the phone with Alien. She wanted to come right over to help me with the kitchen (she's got first choice if she wants to keep something or if I toss it). I explained TOMORROW, but for some reason she wasn't hearing that. She wanted to zip right over and start NOW!!
No, tonight I need to myself. Just to enjoy the much deserved quiet ... the freedom to go to the bathroom without having to take my roll of t.p. with me (I can leave it in the bathroom knowing it'll be there when I need it) ... the freedom to take a shower without interruption!
Just the freedom to finally move about my own home without worry about confrontation. Or disrespect ...
No more locking doors behind me!!
SOMEONE PINCH ME!!! I fear I'm dreaming again ...
*****
I have an incredible urge to come up there and steal your tp...
ReplyDeleteYou would!! LOL. It's still locked up, still haven't left a roll in there. Old habits die hard!
ReplyDeleteOMG! I just checked out what they left in the kitchen ... some cabinets with food Gizmo said I could have ... and a fridge full of ROTTING food.
And wth am I going to do with three coffee pots and a huge coffee urn? They all work too
And there's the full cupboard of booze. Now that I CAN use (grabbed a seagram's escape already. YUM).
PICTURES TOMORROW OF THE MESS!!
Craigslist......I'm glad you didn't let Alien come over...and keeping in mind I'm a total outsider who only knows what I've read....I think you are going to be asked again (and again and again) about them moving in....Congrats on the empty house.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! It's so nice to not have that stress around. I'm enjoying it already!!
ReplyDeleteWhat's not taken by Alien will just go into the garbage. Not even worth putting on craigslist, at least not the kitchen stuff. They can ask all the want, actually it's The Rusty Knight that keeps bringing it up ... Alien knows that I'll say no a million times if need be. There's just BossMan to go, but since he's only home for a few days out of every six weeks, he's fine for now. FOR NOW!! But his days are numbered, too ...
Em, oh doih! You meant craigslist for the numerous coffee pots, didn't you? Good idea ... think I'll do that ... maybe freecycle if there's any posts saying they need a coffee pot, lol
ReplyDeleteI think even though Alien knows you will say no it should be explained to he who will keep asking that you couldn't possibly live with kiddies again, ..... too hard on granma.. or just Hell No could work too LOL
ReplyDelete