I left for school early today so I could buy my books. I'm glad I did! It took me an hour of waiting in various lines to get the textbooks I need for this semester. Still ended up with two hours to kill on campus before class began. I'm a little more familiar now with the new campus. So that worked out well.
My class tonight is a JavaScript class. No pre-reqs, and they forgot to put in the course description that some HTML experience is prefered. I'm soooo screwed! No HTML experience at all, except for cutting and pasting HTML to my blogs! But during student introductions we found out about half the class also has no HTML experience, so instead of having us all drop the class and take HTML instead and then retaking his class later, he's going to do a workshop for the HTML-impaired in the class. Whew! LOL!
Just for grins, the homework assignment is reading the first two chapters of the JavaScript textbook and doing two assignments for each chapter. Oh yeah, reading is more like sitting at the computer and work along with the textbook type of thing. There goes my weekend!
OMG!! This instructor is such a total NERD. Straight out of Revenge of the Nerds, if you ask me. Remember the character Louis Skolnick? The one with the heavy glasses played by Robert Carradine? Yup, HIM!!!! And no, I didn't remember the character's name, I had to google him! LOL! ... anyway ... He reminds me of Louis Skolnick!! Dude was practically orgasmic lecturing on Java. I've never seen anyone sooooo excited over a computer language before. Scary.
Somehow I get the feeling it's gonna be a loooooong semester!

HTML you will be the star in the class in no time. =)
ReplyDeleteLOL, I hope so ... LMAO ... and worse comes to worse, there's additional tutoring for Java on Saturday mornings. Hugs!!
ReplyDeletewhen you finish this class you will be the best graphic commenter ever =)
ReplyDeletelol, that's funny. The instructor that is. I started last night too. 1st class was art history and it was amusing to watch the prof. try to be pc about a time period when pc wasn't heard of. With java, make sure you get as much hands on as you can, same with any programming class you take.
ReplyDeleteYou win - you've got it worse than I do, poor thing.....
ReplyDelete