Geesh, transfering from Baker to OCC has been interesting and frustrating to say the least. It started when I was getting the run around on what I needed to do to get my Pell Grant transfered over. Ok, so maybe not the run around exactly, but I'd get one answer from one person and something totally different from another person not ten minutes later. Soooo, numerous trips to campus before Christmas and again every day this week I finally got that sorted out (or so I thought) ... I got smart today and called the financial office first. I am told that my grant transfer came through, come on over to the campus to register for classes. Soooooo, off I go. On still snow covered lousy roads. That was an adventure in itself. Had to laugh when I saw a Oakland County Road Commission truck (the guys responsible for snow removal on our streets) was actually stuck in a snow bank. That put me in a better mood, which is a good thing, considering what was to await me at the college still ... lol.
Sure, my grant transfered over, sort of. It's been *authorized*, but not for a dollar amount yet. So, I have it, but no one can tell me for how much. I was told to register anyway. However, if the grant isn't fully recieved by 7 PM tonight, I will be removed from the classes I just registered for, for non-payment of tuition. But never fear, I was told ... if they recieve the grant information after 7 PM I can come back tomorrow and re-register all over again.
So much for no stress. So much for not driving. So much for staying off my feet as much as possible (until after surgery). So much for my sanity at this point.
Damned Gremlin. I swear he's got a hand in this. I've never run into so many obstacles in my life! Of course, it happens now. Because I want to transfer to OCC.
Keep your fingers crossed that this all works out. I wanna be in class on Monday!!

UPDATE: I don't know if I missed that 7 PM deadline or not. I was unable to get through on the phone that hour the offices were open. I'll be online at 7 AM to re-register just in case. THEN hope that final part of my grant comes through.
UGH! What a headache! You take it easy, okay? I'm so sorry you're going through all this crap! Hang in there and keep us posted! Maybe you and Harley can get NEW classes together where you have to REREGISTER TOMORROW...worst case scenario!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted and good luck!
Leann, Thanks, I need all the luck I can get, LOL! I swear Murphy is my guardian angel! I learned long ago to laugh off the things that go wrong. Or I should say I try to. Today, well it just got to me! Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteThat's just wacked. I was waiting for my grant & loans to get authorized at the begining of last semester and they (u of m dearborn) let me register and start class anyway, then reversed the late fee's when everything was straighted out. Isn't college at our age freaking fun?
ReplyDeleteDonna, yeah, it is pretty wacked. Baker handled it the same way as U of M did, let me start classes while the grant was being processed. Never did have late fees with Baker, their tuition wasn't due until the fifth week of the quarter. All OCC would say was pay it out of pocket and I would be reimbursed. Okay ... $1022.50 ... yup, pocket change. Geesh! I don't have twenty on me, I'm gonna pull an additional grand out of *where*? The good news is I did just check my college account online and so far my classes are showing up. I'm hoping this means that my grant totals came through and I wasn't removed from class. Considering the updates were two hours after the deadline, I'm feeling pretty good right now that all is well.
ReplyDeleteI just hope trying to get my surgery scheduled isn't as complicated as enrolling in OCC has been! Then again, we're talking about *me* here ... and heaven knows nothing ever comes easy when my name is attached to it. LMAO.