I realized today I haven't been doing the Ten Thoughts Tuesdays for a while now. Oops. How could I have forgotten them? Well, if I count this as a very belated Ten Thoughts, I'm on thought number one right now.
It's Saturday. I should be cleaning. I have no motivation today. None. Saw a cute quote on Lonnwy's page ... "I'm not lazy, I'm just blesssed with a lack of ambition!!" (Bing Crosby). That's so me these days. I know part of it is because I feel like crap all the time. But geesh, I could probably at least muster the energy to sweep the kitchen floor, take the now over-flowing trash bag out, and do the few dishes that are laying in the sink.
Married Son quit his truck driving job, another job that didn't pay well. For now until he finds another truck driving job he's been working salvage and recycling. Actually, there's good money in it. However, if he doesn't come get the boxes of junk mail and old newspapers out of my kitchen and soon, they're going to the curb! How, I don't know, but they'll get there. They're way too heavy for my herniated arse to lift!
Anyone live in the area (Oakland County, MI) let me know if you have an old appliance or a lot of newspapers or junk mail to be recycled. Married Son will not charge you a pick-up fee to recycle your old junk! Talk about a shameless plug, eh? Heck yeah!!
Good news, my grant came through. At the last minute no less. And I do mean last minute!! Two hours before the deadline to pay tuition or be dropped from classes it came through! Whew! Talk about cutting it close. Classes begin on Monday.
Oh!! I'm pleasantly surprised by how many of my Baker credits transfered over to OCC!! I was thinking I'd lose more than half to three quarters of my 48 Baker credits. 30 of them transfered over. I'm a happy camper!
I haven't been totally lazy lately, I've been making a lot of diabetic alert bracelets. I'm hoping to have enough of an inventory to hit some of the spring craft shows in the area. And of course, online sales. I'll be talking to my doc, too. See if he will let me display one or two of them in his office for his patients to purchase. My friend, Phil, asked about beaded jewelry for men. I'm working on some ideas now, Phil. I haven't forgotten your request, really.
One last thought. Even though it's the last thought, it's also the most important one to me ...Thank you everyone who's sent me thoughts and prayers - publicly or privately. I really do appreciate them!! I'm still feeling like crap, but know that this, too, shall pass. Thanks, again. Having your thoughts and prayers helps me so much!

Sounds like things on the school front are looking up........you've done so well so far I've no doubt you can manage all those credits - although I don't envy you that schedule. I'm a bit surprised reading about Married Son and the truckdriving as I thought that was a career that always paid well. And if I was closer, I'd save up all my recyclables for you --- as it is - I'll root for him to come across some great stuff worth keeping in his salvage scavenging...
ReplyDeleteMs Em, thanks. I think I can do the school schedule ... a lot of it will depend on when surgery is, and how involved it is. Sadly, not all trucking jobs are high paying. Especially if it's a partner-drive type. His partner (the truck owner) made good money. He just didn't pay well enough to justify Married Son continuing with him. Man, I hope for my DIL's sake he doesn't find any curbside treasures to bring home. See, my second ex-husband (Son's former step-father) worked in a recycling plant. Half the problems in that marriage were that he'd bring his work home with him, literally! I hope DIL never has to live that experience! LOL!!!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt sucks that you still feel like crap =( HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ReplyDeleteYEA on the credits transfering I know the feeling =)
I love that my kids are still home they do some house cleaning it helps. I need less motivation to clean LOL
With classes starting at least you will have something to take your mind off stuff OK so the trade off is school work but at least it is something.
How are classes going to be while you feel so terrible????????
Ken and I went out today, did some errands NO KIDS He took me out to eat it was nice I feel better =)
ReplyDeleteWent to the store I have chocolate Ice cream for later =)
Cass, I think it's just the grueling load I'll be carrying this semester. Not to mention all those books. Actually it won't be so bad, four classes in three days. Only one "double duty" day. Not sure how the concentration part of things are going to work, the pain gets pretty unbearable at times. Just hoping surgery won't interfer too badly with things. Still no word on when that'll be though. Still working on the diabetes and getting it under control. Grrrrrrr. Guess the good news is, I've lost 60 pounds now. Gotta find that good in there somewhere. LOL!
ReplyDeleteSchool work is only one of the things I have going to take my mind off things. I'm beading like a mad woman any more, LOL.
Now, if I could get my live-in kids to help with the housework. I don't see Alien but half the week anymore, she's spending a lot of time at her dad's house. We work visitation according to my school schedule. She'll be at his house three nights a week now, and alternating weekends. And Single Son works two jobs so I can't really ask him to do too much. Poor thing hardly has time to sleep as it is. Funny, you'd think the house would be spotless, but it's not. Go figure!!
Glad you're feeling better!! It's always nice to have a kid-less evening with your honey to recharge you!!! HUGS!!!
congrats on the grant making in through in time--saved you a lot of headache, i know! same for the credit transfers!
ReplyDeleteif the load gets too hard, send me some books and homework...i'll do them gratis because i'll be jonesing for schoolwork soon! i already miss school!