This week's theme is PRIZED POSSESSIONS . . . the "stuff/things" that are very important to you in bringing you smiles, happiness and pleasure in your life . . . not necessarily necessities . . . The theoretical question . . . Your place of residence is on fire, you can safely take and save five things (not counting living things like family, pets, just STUFF) . . . what are these things? If you care to elaborate, why are they so important to you?
1. My antique dollhouse. It's a 1920s era dollhouse that was given to me by my mother, who got it from our next door neighbor and life-long friend. I'm hoping as soon as my college schedule settles down some (riiiiight) that I'll be able to finish the restoration that I began a few years ago. With rescuing the dollhouse goes saving the three large boxes of antique dollhouse furniture I have collected ...
2. My teddy bear. I got him for my first Christmas many many years ago. I still have him. He's tattered and torn, but still hanging in there!! Sorta like me. LOL!
3. My computer tower. LOL! Seriously, it's got irreplaceable files on it. Photos, scans of old family documents, my family history, and journals. (I really should back them up and keep them in a safe place!).
4. My extensive collecton of family photos, genealogy books written by family members, binders filled with copies of all sorts of family records,
5. My jewelry box. I don't own expensive pieces, but there's quite a few sentimental pieces I have.
If you would like to participate in the Friday 5:
Copy the questions and post your answers to your blog,
Leave a comment on the page at The Friday Five @ 360
or The Friday Five @ Multiply to let others know your post is up so they can visit your blog..
You can participate at either page or both, the choice is yours.
Fun, easy, and no time limit.
Let's Play !!
Morning there
ReplyDelete