2) Been away from the computer for a few days. Hard to sit for too long because of the pain of this stupid hernia. Then again, it's hard to stand, walk, lay down, too, for any length of time. Believe it or not, the ONLY time I don't feel the pain is if I'm laying on my stomach.
3) Speaking of laying on my stomach ... LOL .... it's been years since I've been able to comfortably lay on my stomach. It was because of all of the weight I was carrying. Losing over 60 pounds and I'm able to lay on my tummy again. May not be a big deal to a lot of you, LOL, but to me ... it's nice to have lost enough tummy to be able to do it!
4) OMG! Speaking of losing tummy. I don't have any pants that fit me anymore. No shortage of shirts, since I had all my "skinny" stuff in Aliens closet (she was wearing 'em). Is baggy in? I hope so, 'cause that's all I own is baggy!! LOL!
5) I'm anxious to see how much weight I've lost! I don't own a scale, I threw it out a few years ago. Long story on why, lol. Anyway ... I know I've lost at least 60 ... I can't wait to see exactly how close I am to my goal weight. I won't say what that is, lol, but my total weight loss will be 106 when I reach my goal! I'll find out Friday when I meet with the surgeon.
6) I've had a lot of compliments on the diabetic alert bracelets I make. I made a few for myself, sort of like walking advertisement. Haven't sold one yet, though. Seems those who ohh and ahh over them aren't diabetic and don't know any diabetics. Seriously thinking I need to branch out to cover all of the diseases that there's medical alert bracelets for.
7) I got my car back yesterday. Yippee!! I missed it. It runs better than it has since I got it last year. Now to get me running right again, LOL!
8) I'm really glad I dropped that JavaScript class. My homework is now at a manageable level. I'm not stressing. Yeah, one week of that class had reduced me to tears, I was in way over my head. Frustrated isn't the word. Luckily it was easy to drop, and I got a 100% refund on the class and the textbook. It did lower my status to a 3/4 student, reducing my grant.
9) Oh, speaking of tears. One of the new meds I'm on now is making me highly emotional, and I'm not sure which med is causing it. And I do mean *highly* emotional. The kids are not sure how to handle my emotional arse right now. Hell, I'm not sure how to handle it. The tears aren't bad enough ... I seem to be going from Zero to Bitch in .60 seconds. Goddess help if depression makes it's way in there.
10) I had a tenth thought here somewhere. It seems to have wandered off!
Ya don't have to seel them as diabetic bracelets but say part of the profit goes to the diabetes association.
ReplyDeleteThese ten thoughts are up and down LOL I forgot ten thoughts also.
ReplyDeletePhil, I've been thinking about donating a portion of the proceeds to the ADA ... American Diabetes Association. For me to do that, though, I need to meet a certain sales quota first. 200 bracelets should do it, if I did my calculations right. Anything after that I'll donate probably 10 - 15% to the ADA. And yes, good idea ... don't sell them specifically as diabetic ... there's a lot of other diseases out there that warrant an alert bracelet, too!! My Alien is allergic to penicillin ... I've been looking for alert bracelets (affordable) for her for a while now.
ReplyDeleteCass, yup, up and down is right, LOL! I'm surprised I remembered the ten thoughts today.
1. That'll work!
ReplyDelete2. Awwww...
3. And you can't get THAT MUCH done like that!
4. That's a HUGE DEAL and I'm really proud of you!
5. Baggy, comfy...whatever works!
6. If we lived closer, you could weigh yourself at my house!
7. There's a huge market for diseases, and you might as well capitalize on it!
8. You'll get there...
9. Good for you! You don't need that kind of stress right now anyway!
10. Sounds like a 'keeper!' I wonder what's making you 'not yourself!'
Leann, thanks!! I used to sleep on my tummy all the time. Nice to be able to do it again. I'm actually getting better sleep once again. Luckily I have a few real nice belts I can wear with my one pair of dress pants. I gave up on my jeans. They're so baggy I could use them as tents if I camped, LOL! I don't even have any sweat pants anymore, LOL. I went from a 4X to an XL (said with a lot of pride, hehehehe) ... I really need to go clothes shopping, yeah? Doc has no idea which of the two new meds is causing me to be so emotional, both actually have side effects of "emotional changes" ... just dandy. He's hoping it's just a matter of adjusting to them. Other than that, the meds are working great. I actually have *normal* blood pressure for the first time in a decade AND my sugar has dropped from 283 down to around 150 - 180 in a matter of a few weeks. Still too high, but slowing getting within target range. Guess I gotta take the good with the bad on this ... and pray the bad is only temporary. LOL. As far as the scale offer goes, thanks ... it'd be the perfect solution. I'd been a slave to the scale for a lot of years. I'd actually weigh myself daily. It got too discouraging seeing a temporary raise in the numbers and I'd end up finding comfort in my favorite comfort foods. Got to be a vicious cycle. The only way to break it was to say I'd only weigh in with the doctor every few months. I didn't even realize at first that I was losing weight this summer. Took Alien telling me my jeans looked baggy, LOL. Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteSome good news, some bad...but I think all in all it sounds like things are going to be getting better for you........and I'm glad Harley will be around through your surgery - I know your kids help out as much as they can - but still - a dedicated male nurse is as good as it gets :). And at least you have a medical excuse to be an emotional basketcase on occasion....I'm just a bitch because I am :).
ReplyDeleteMs Em, lol ... a bitch because you can be ... I LOVE IT!!! On occasion would be tolerable. It's for no reason at the drop of a hat that I'm going emotional. I mean ... it's bad ... You should have seen me lose it when I dropped that class on Monday. Poor advisor had to scramble for tissue. I did apologize for breaking down, that it was stupid to be crying over nothing, that it's my meds and surgical stresses ... that's when she turned into a real sweetie (not that she wasn't before) ... "IF there's anything we can do help you adjust, or make it easier on you right now or after surgery please let us know".
ReplyDeleteI think that everyone involved knows that it is the med's fault and not your's...you all have to learn to deal with something new and it takes time to adjust. It's great to lose weight...the baggier my pants get the happier I get, I have boxes full of my skinny clothes though (I'm a pack rat and refuse to throw anything out...lol) some of the clothes fit now...and some will soon *crosses fingers*. Being comfy laying on my tummy is one of the rewards that I've enjoyed as well....I don't own a scale either because I would stress about it everyday, so I just let the doc check...the last appointment was disappointing because my weight went UP, BUT, the doc saw that I was right about how that med affected me...I should be back down to where I was by my next appt. Like the other's have said...it sounds like you are having ups and downs...as long as things are mostly balanced I'm confident that you'll do great where all things are concerned...you are a fighter after all! Love you hun and keep your head up...MWAH!
ReplyDelete