KUA

KUA

1/19/08

Top 20 Internet Acronyms Parents Need to Know (Part 1)

Top 20 Internet Acronyms Parents Need to Know (Part 1):

Please Note: This list has been merged with Part 2, go to: Top 50 Internet Acronyms Parents Need to Know

  1. POS - Parent Over Shoulder

  2. PIR - Parent In Room

  3. P911 - Parent Alert

  4. PAW - Parents Are Watching

  5. PAL - Parents Are Listening

  6. ASL - Age/Sex/Location

  7. MorF - Male or Female

  8. SorG - Straight or Gay

  9. LMIRL - Let's Meet In Real Life

  10. KPC - Keeping Parents Clueless

  11. TDTM - Talk Dirty To Me

  12. IWSN - I Want Sex Now

  13. NIFOC - Nude In Front Of Computer

  14. GYPO - Get Your Pants Off

  15. ADR or addy - Address

  16. WYCM - Will You Call Me?

  17. KFY - Kiss For You

  18. MOOS - Member(s) Of the Opposite Sex

  19. MOSS or MOTSS - Member(s) Of The Same Sex

  20. NALOPKT - Not A Lot Of People Know That



Online Resources
From NetLingo

7 comments:

  1. Wow thats very important, I have never heard of these and I am on the internet almost all of the time. I don't let my kids get online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, fubar,snafu and tarfu aren't on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Phil. To my knowledge FUBAR, and SNAFU pre-dated personal computers by at least a few generations. They actually originated during WWI if I recall my history correctly. TARFU? Now that's a new one on me, haven't heard it ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are really f***ed up. I work with a bunch of people that are former military as I am. Those are common terms in the military especially in combat zones and war games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil, that's what I sorta figured it'd be, but wasn't sure. My dad learned them in the Navy during the Korean War. That's how I know about them!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I've not seen MOST of these! Thanks for the info...my oldest will be at that age before long...

    ReplyDelete