*****
Today was another "FOR ME" day. Started with having to take Alien up to the eye doctor to get her glasses fixed. I won't ask how they got squished in the first place. The assistant was a sweetie and readjusted the glasses in no time flat!!
I dropped Alien off at her grandpa's after that. He was going to take her bowling before taking her to her dad's house for the weekend.
I got a text message later saying she and her dad's ex-girlfriend had colored her hair. Jet Black!! Alien's loving it!!
I'll take pictures when she comes home from her dad's house!! I so can't wait to see it.
So, Alien dropped off ... ME TIME - Part Two - began ...
First stop the store. Picked up the hair coloring I wanted amongst other things.
Wandered around the store for a bit .. passed up the Valentine's candy sale. I'm soooo proud!! I couldn't resist the jewelry aisle though!! Got some earrings that were originally twelve bucks for three bucks!! I just love 75% off sales!!
Armed with my purchases I headed home.
I saw Single Son for the first time in a few days ... he just loves my new haircut!! He's not detail oriented, so that he even noticed was huge to me. That he thought it was a great style for me made my day.
Then off to the bathroom to color my hair. I wanted strawberry blonde, leaning toward auburn. Boy, did I get RED instead. Shocked at first, but three hours later I'm loving it!!!! I'll have Alien take a few photos when she gets home Sunday night.
Now all I need to do is get clearance from my doctor to join the gym. Start firming up what needs firming. Strengthen what needs strengthening. Get my happy ass back in shape.
*****
Got over 40 Multilply updates in my email box right now. I'll be spending the next few days catching up with ya'll ... slowly but surely!!

Sounds like a good day =)
ReplyDeleteI don't color my hair I hate trying to keep up with it.
I wasn't going to color it, but gave in to more than a few comments that "now all you need to do is hide that gray". LOL!!! Problem being that besides the gray, there's also auburn, brunette and blonde in my hair - all natural colors by the way!! Nice to have *one* color of hair for a change!
ReplyDeleteActually, maintenance for me isn't that bad. Been a few years since I colored my hair ... but upkeep was never bad.
I tried to take a few pictures. Didn't come out. Definitely have to have one of the kids snap a few pics for me. My arms just aren't long enough to take a fair portrait pic! LOL
HUGS!!
Can't wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteHair dye ....... what's that?!?! Lol!! I stopped colouring my hair about 2 years ago, and it was only just before I went to NZ that I had the last of the REALLY blonde ends cut off!! Mind you I have been considering lighter blonde again, I'm fed up of being boring ash blonde!! Proper blonde suited me SO much better!!Hehehe!! Looking forward to seeing the pics of you nd Alien with the new hair colours!! :-) Hope you have a lovely weekend darling, Love, hugs & lollipops, Lxx
ReplyDeleteLonnwy, It's been about four years since I stopped coloring my hair. Wasn't going to even do it, but after hearing so many others say "do it" ... I sat in front of the mirror for a bit and realized I really DO need to do something! LOL. My hair color was boring ... enter Revlon Color Silk (#42 - Medium Auburn). Hehehehe ... HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteI bet your hair and Alien's hair looks fab! Would luv 2 see the pics ;0)
ReplyDeleteW2G on passing up the V-day candy! Rock on ;0) That would have been a temptation a little bit harder for me ;0( lol! I've been eating chocolate since Thursday night. UGhhh... now time for me to get back on track!
Your jewelry purchase sounds gr8! I just luv finding a good deal! Woot*woot!
Have a gr8 night!
Oh yeah another redhead need more of them you chose well.. LOL
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see the pics and doesnt a color make you feel like a whole new person.
I have bouts where I think no wont do it any more but my hair gets ratty the colour actually conditions so I guess I'ma gonna stay doing it LOL
Oh I love 75% off sales..yeah wtg!! Jewelry last longer than candy too!!.
ReplyDeleteSorry haven't got the pics taken yet. Came down with a cold (flu?) over the weekend. When I lose that puffy eyed, just got run over by a truck appearance I'll have Alien grab the camera.
ReplyDeleteHelen ... I *love* red hair. Every time I color my hair I seem to go for the auburn hues. This is a little redder than I would have dared in the past - but I'm soooo glad I did it!! Feel like a totally different person!!
Angie ... actually passing up the chocolates on Valentine's Day wasn't that hard. I dated a diabetic a few years ago. I adopted his *diet* for the most part. Now that I've been diagnosed with diabetes, it wasn't that hard to adapt to a chocolate free life. LOL!! HUGS!!