KUA

KUA

2/27/08

Oops, it's Wednesday!!

And once again I *forgot* about Ten Thoughts Tuesday!!! Oy!! Then again, I didn't have a working computer until last night ... yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

1) Had the scare of my life last night. I'm diabetic and did my nightly blood gluclose reading only to have "520" displayed on my monitor! Yipes!! No way ... I'd be in a coma with *that* reading. After the initial panic subsided I redid the reading, to have it be a more *normal* 190. Okay, I know 190 is high, but after that initial reading of 520 I was relieved it wasn't higher. (110 - 120 is a normal blood sugar count).

2) Of course, I did my blood pressure reading right after that. It was through the roof!! Scared the hell out of me with that blood sugar reading, it did!!

3) The only reason I can figure that I came up with a false reading was because I may have used the first blood. Diabetics know what I mean ... when you poke for a reading you wipe away that first "bleed". It contains too many impurities - like skin fragments. I don't think I got all of the first blood removed ... or that's what I'm hoping. Everything is fine today, readings still on the high side, but not like that scary one last night.

4) Married Son is home for a few days. We're planning on going out to dinner tonight. Yum. Nothing fancy. His wife works at Arby's ... he's got some Arby's coupons ... and my favorite Arby's sandwich is on sale on top of it. Gotta love those Rueben sandwiches!! LOL. Sooooo, while his wifey is working, Married Son, Grandson, Alien and I will be dining. Yeah, I'm a cheap date what can I say!!

5) Single Son finally got my computer working again. The old hard drive was dying. He swapped it for the hard drive from my old computer (the one that had the fire). Had a few problems with the cable that goes to the hard drive, but fixed it with a paperclip of all things! Yeah, it was "wobbly", the paperclip wedged in the port keeps it from wobbling. Probably not the best fix, but it'll work until I am able to get to the store for a new cable.

6) So how's everyone enjoying all this snow?? I know I'm sick of it! 14 degrees outside ... I hear we're in for a *heatwave* later this week ... temps in the mid 40s this weekend. Oh lordy. All that snow melting is gonna mean a lot of flooding!! Where's SPRING??

7) I've been on a search for a bumper sticker for a while now. I don't put bumper stickers on my vehicles, but I just *have* to have this one!!!! It says "I'm not drunk officer, I'm dodging potholes"

8) Why is it that well intending friends hear you're single again and just have to fix you up with some eligible bachelor (or divorcee) that they know? I appreciate the thought, but geesh ... do I really want to jump from the frying pan right back into the fire? I don't think so!!

9) I've been trying to research a place called Williamsburg, Kentucky. Found a lot of information on it, except for apartments and houses available for rent. Married Son has decided that he wants to set up the trucking business in Williamsburg. He's been through there many times and absolutely loves the area. Seems to think I'd love it too. So ... looks like I'll be moving to Williamsburg, KY. Probably won't move until next year now as there's a lot of things we need to do before we can open for business.

10) Alright, I just had the crap scared out of me!!! Married Son comes *banging* on my door. Just about jumped out of my skin. "Come on Mom, let's go ... dinner awaits". Early dinner it looks like. So, gonna peel myself off the ceiling, get the shoes and winter coat on and head out.


9 comments:

  1. I forgot top ten also

    You sound busy. Thats good means you must be feeling better
    HUGS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...yeah...that IS an early dinner!!

    Thanks for the 'enlightenment' on my page. Ignorance, is bliss, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass, I am starting to feel a little better, thanks. But, sadly I'm bored to tears, LOL! It's spring break at school. Not having a computer for a few days left me to do some light cleaning to fill my time. And I do mean *light*. Alien has busted her hinney with the heavy cleaning for me lately. She's a good kid ... but don't tell her I told you that. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gonna go google williamsburg, see if it's in range of yours truly to pester you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope--it ain't...but i'll gladly meet ya in louisville and treat for a gals day out sometime! (like i am remotely gonna remember that a year from now...!)(oh well, the thought is there!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann, not a problem! Always happy to share the knowledge I have ... oy, that sounded wrong on so many levels! LOL! It ended up not being too early of a dinner. By the time we got done putzing around at Married Son's house, talking to his mother in law, waiting for DIL to get ready for work, and so on, we ate after 5 PM. Hung around for a while. Got some adorable pics of Grandson feeding Alien with a fork. Now, to figure out how to get them off my cell phone and online!! Just too cute!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, sounds like your memory is about as bad as mine is! LOL! I'm sure once I move it'll jar your memory - or mine. If not ... well ... we'll probably do the "gee, are you close to me" thing then!! LOL! And you're on!! Consider it a *date* - girls day out!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blood sugar reading sounds scary as hell am glad the second reading was less and hope you now have it back to the nomal reading!
    Thank goodness for family that can fix computers its so much easier and no cost involved!! My fav part.

    Sorry but we've had a heat wave and snow just sounds heavenly to me, I know it wouldnt be but it sounds it! LOL
    Hope the dinner was yummy and that all is well now health and computer wise. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, it had to have been some error - huge error - on my part to have such a high reading!! Basically I'd have been in a coma with a reading like that ...

    The *only* drawback to having family that can fix computers is sometimes you're at their mercy until they can look at it. Days may pass. LOL!!

    Dinner was great!! Grandson and Alien were a laugh a minute. Got some great photos of Grandson feeding Alien with a fork. Poor Alien!! Only sustained a few stab wounds!! I only have to figure out how to get them off my cell phone. I can't find a data cord for that phone anywhere!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete