KUA

KUA

2/19/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday (a little late) ...

1) Alien was on break from school last week. So far this week they've cancelled school because of icy roads. And I do mean icy!! There's nothing but sheet ice on my street, inches thick. However, not impassable ... I was able to get to school today.

2) My spring break is next week. Not sure what I'm doing, if anything. Probably nothing big, besides some cleaning. And enjoy a week with no homework.

3) I'm starting to finally heal from surgery. Still tender and a little puffy, but the infection is finally under control. I'm feeling more normal now. Yeah, I know ... normal for me is far from normal for normal people. LOL ...

4) Wow ... that last sentence sounds so weird. Yup, that's more like me ... weird!!

5) I have a saying I seem to use a lot around here, especially on the Alien ... "Pull your head out of your a** and clean the shi* out of your (eyes/ears) and you'd be able to (see/hear)". It seems I've really been using that a lot lately!! Teens, gotta love 'em!!!

6) I haven't seen Alien much since last week, LOL. But we'll be hanging out tomorrow after school. I'll have her get pics of my new hair color tomorrow. I tried a few of those self portrait shots. OMG!! They so did not turn out!! They were the types of photos that would give small children and old ladies nightmares. I'll get some pics of Alien, too.

7) Crap. Thought seven and I'm getting stuck already. Doesn't usually happen for two more thoughts ...

8) LOL!!! My Business Econ teacher is a little older than I am. Every time he makes reference to the *Great Recession of 1980* he asks in front of the class "do you remember what it was like back then, Lisa?" Ummmmm, yeah ... I was married and had my first child ... I remember. And I better get extra credit for all the living history lessons he drags ME into!!!

9) No wonder the young kids in the class call me "Mom" ... it's so we talk about the past I can feel ALL eyes on me even before Mr. D. even asks for my memories!! Even though there's one other lady my age in the class, she sits in the back of the room just so she's not dragged into it! LOL

10) Let's see ... thought ten ... can't think of a darned thing. Guess this is a good place to hit "save & publish" ... call it a night. HUGS!!


8 comments:

  1. Icy roads and snowy weather something Ive never experienced am not sure I'd like it and I know I wouldnt drive in it lol so I would be housebound during all that weather.
    Your week off gives you a chance to recover completely from your surgery and yeah get back to your 'normal'..LOL
    Self portrait pics oh yeah know about them 500 bad ones for maybe 1 good one.. LOL
    Look forward to seeing the new girls.... ok you and Aliens new colors!!'Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I grew up in the area. Winter weather is something I'm more than familiar with. LOL. Took me a lot of years, though, to be comfortable driving on icy, slick roads. And then I really only drive *if* I have to. Not that I don't trust my driving abilities, it's the other drivers out there that terrify me! My *favorite* ex husband was just in a collision when another driver that couldn't control her SUV on the icy roads plowed into him head-on. He's fine, just shook up, but his car is a total loss.

    Although honestly, I'll take frozen roads over sub-zero temps any day. Think while Alien and I are out today I'll take some pictures of my street and other snow related shots - my road is still sheet ice and now covered with sand (adds traction). Fun, fun. LOL!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're finally feeling better! Take care of yourself! Isn't it sad that the 80's can make you feel like their mom. Then again, most of your classmates were probably born in the 80's, huh?

    You should start telling OLD STORIES about things like ATARI and PONG...remember Pong?

    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leann, OMG!! I should tell 'em stories about the days when we considered ATARI to be high-tech!! Back before cell phones ... remember those cumbersome "phone in a bag" that we thought were just so neat? Back before Microsoft and Windows ... I owned a TRS-80. Model One. Damned thing is now in the Smithsonian (not mine, but one just like it). Back in the days before remote controlled tv sets. Remember beta movies?? How about video disks? Vinyl records?? Transistor radios? Hell, back before anti-lock brakes, power steering and GPS. Remember when the dimmer switch was located on the floor board?? OMG!!

    I recently read an article that the old video games are making a huge comeback. Too many people just don't like the complicated games that are out now. The ones where it really becomes a lifestyle, a obsession, and we all know at least someone that's addicted to the likes of Warcraft, or other life simulator games.

    We actually thought all the stuff they showed in Star Trek was straight out of the future? Computers, communicators, transporters ... to name but a few!! Yeah, you knew I was gonna slip something Star Trek in there!! But really, think about it ... a lot of the technology that Star Trek had has become reality!!

    OMG!! I feel soooooooo old!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...now I feel old too! We had a Commodore 64...and we would fight over that stupid thing to play Pac Man and Donkey Kong and Qbert....remember Qbert? I just loved how he 'swore' (%^%$^%$^%$) when he hit his head!

    Now, where did I put those leg warmers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann ... OMG!!! Q-bert!!! Leg warmers!! I was just thinking about those the other day!! Stirrup pants and leotards!! Dr. Scholls. Earth shoes. Moon boots. French jeans. Gauze dresses. Macrame! Tie-dye!!

    Back when TV was entertaining! Get Smart, F-Troop, Hogan's Heroes, Laugh In, Emergency, Adam 12, Ironsides!! Saturday morning cartoons! Saturday afternoon monster movie theatre. "Who shot J.R"?? Although, I have to admit I love the crime shows that are on now ... Cold Case, Without A Trace, CSI, Numb3rs, and so on ... lol.

    Disco!! High school dances every Friday night. Roller skating rinks!! When girls dressed like girls - even when we wore blue jeans we still looked like girls.

    Streaking!! OMG, remember when that was all the rage? TPing the neighbors house!! Ringing doorbells. Phony phone calls! Innocent, non-violent shenanigans.

    The race to be the first in outer space ... watching the television as Neil Armstrong made his historic first steps on the moon ...

    You know, I don't know if I should feel bad for being old enough to remember all this *or* feel bad for today's kids ... they've missed out on so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It depends on the argument. Sometimes, I feel better reminding my kids of all the bad stuff they DON'T have to deal with. Other times, I like to rub it in about all the cool things they missed out on. David and I like to talk about some things vaguely, like we're part of some secret club or something!

    Here...this pretty much sums it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! I love that song!!! You're right ... we did see bad times, too ... but all in all I wouldn't have chosen to have grown up in any other era!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete