I finally found a digital converter box. Well, I found a bunch of them!! I could only afford to get one this week - and that's with the coupon. Sixty-five bucks each!! Twenty-five with the coupon. So much for the forty buck models ... they aren't available anywhere. Oh well, one down - three to go. LOL!
I have to give kudos to Best Buy. I'd been calling them daily for two weeks now to see if they had digital converter boxes in stock. Nope, sorry lady, we still don't have any in stock. Until today!! Yippee! Best Buy is only a half mile from me so I dashed right over. Then off to run other errands I had to do today. About an hour after I got home one of the department managers called me to tell me "We have converter boxes in, I've got one at the service desk reserved for you". I had to laugh when I told her that I just left the store earlier today with a box in hand!! Needless to say, I'm very happy with their customer service at the moment.
Now to pull that baby out of the box and hook it up. Yeah, I'm procrastinating. The tv has to be moved off the shelf it's on to hook it up. I'm waiting for Married Son to come over so he can hold the tv while I connect the box. LOL.
While I was out today I ran into yet another long lost friend. Hadn't seen "C" in about three years. Was nice to catch up with him. Promised I wouldn't be a stranger, that I'd be hanging out on occasion at our fave haunt once again. I wonder who will be the next long lost friend I bump into?
So Married Son and family are finally all moved in. All utilities are finally hooked up! Yeah!! They still don't have internet, which is probably good ... Married Son comes over here to borrow my internet. Those bonus visits will stop when he's online at home again.
Not a lot else going on today. Think it's time to put some thought into what I'm having for dinner tonight. Since I'm dining solo once again, it'll be quick and easy whatever it is. LOL!

What's a digital converter box? Sounds like something I need to look into.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally got a box! Enjoy your peaceful dinner tonight! I have to cook for the FIVE of us, and I SO envy you! They are all picky and most days it just seems like TOO MUCH WORK.
ReplyDeleteJill, with the big conversion from analog to digital tv coming in February of next year ... older tv sets will need a converter box in order to receive a signal after the switch over to all digital broadcasting. It's about the size of a DVD player and hooks into the back of the tv. If you have cable or satellite tv you should be fine - or a newer digital tv set. Check out http://www.dtvanswers.com/ for further details.
ReplyDeleteLeann, my peaceful dinner got interupted! Married Son called, could I come over and help him move an old dump truck that his landlord left in his back yard. Riiiiiiiight, like I could do much to help him move it. Actually all he needed me to do was throw a 4x4 piece of lumber under the tire as he towed it down the driveway so it would stop before it hit the road! LOL. Thankfully he didn't ask that I come back tomorrow at 6 am to help him tow it to the junk yard! Nice thing is, the landlord is letting him keep the almost grand he'll make junking it - his "fee" for removing it to begin with.
ReplyDeleteSo, on the way home I stopped at Mickey D's and grabbed a double cheeseburger. Yup, nice dinner. Grrrrrr. LOL!
Well done with the converter box finally!! Yayy.
ReplyDeleteThats a great store for customer service more places should be like that.
Your going well with reunions lately, heck I'm not sure I would recognize anyone from last year even lololol maybe!
What's funny about that last reunion, I couldn't for the life of me remember his name until I blogged this. As I typed this entry it came back to me, LOL. Faces I have no trouble with, I've been known to recognize someone I went to elementary school with. Just don't ask me to recall names! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI actually suck big time on names even people I see often if they catch me at the wrong moment its like.. I know you, I really do and I know your name oh God I hope I dont need to use it I forget what it is lolololol
ReplyDeleteHelen, what' I fear is not forgetting the name of the person I'm talking, but to call them a totally different name!! I've done it a few times. But the worse was when my mom did that when I dated "Santa" ... she called him exie-pooh's name!
ReplyDeleteLOL... there ya go that's proof! It's not us its inherited. My mum does that.. she still goes through every ones names then if she cant think of mine goes, oh you know who you are roflmao!
ReplyDeleteOMG! My grandmother used to do that!! She'd start with her oldest grandchild and work her way down until she got the right name! By the time she got to the younger kids names she'd usually forget why she was yelling for (or at) them!! Being the second oldest of her grandchildren, I never got away with the stuff the younger ones did! LOL!
ReplyDeleteMom did it, too ... and I did it when the boys were younger. Of course I always blamed it on the fact that their names started with the same letter! Hey, sounded good to me at the time. Funny - Grandson's name starts with the same letter as my sons names do ... and yup, you guessed it. I call him by his daddy's name most of the time. LOL!
I do it with the kids but usually I mix up Andrew and the dog lmao!
ReplyDeleteIt's not unusual to hear me calling Andrew, Patrick.
I also call him Peter who was my younger brother sometimes he really looks and acts how I remember Peter was.
I've yet to confuse the furbabies for the kids, or vice versa. I'm sure that'll happen, though. I'm sure if I called the boys by my brother's name they'd confuse it for the *other* meaning - see my bro's name was Richard. But we called him Dick. I'm not close enough to Brother Deere to bring his name into it.
ReplyDeleteLOL!
Then again now that I mention it, it'll happen. And probably soon!