KUA

KUA

7/8/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

1) After a lengthy phone conversation with Tiger I better understand his spur of the moment plans to move out of state. He's been offered a wonderful job opportunity that just isn't available to him here. He'd be a fool to not take it. I wish him well. I'm going to miss the hell out of him. There's always email, right?

2) DIL sorted through all of her old clothing just before moving. She found some pants that she thought I would like. I LOVE 'EM!! Best of all, most of them fit *and* they're a few sizes smaller than I used to wear! It's nice to have pants that aren't super baggy!

3) I've hit a plateau with the weight loss. I'm still slimming down, but the scale hasn't dropped in a while. Oh well ... at least it's slowly toning up. Very slowly.

4) I'm back, did you miss me? Did you even notice I stepped away from the computer? Married Son just stopped by for a visit. I love when he just stops by the house to say hi. They finally have electricity at the new house. Next is having gas turned on and getting the water situation cleared up, then they won't have to spend the night at her parents house anymore. Looks like the Gremlin is taking his vacation at their new house - they went to turn the water on the day they moved in only to find the water valve had ruptured (flooding their basement). It's been a headache waiting for the city certified plumber to come out and do repairs and turn the water back on. Until then they can't live in the house. Grrrrrrr. About all I can say is "welcome to home ownership". Well, home rental anyway. LOL.

5) I have yet to figure out where the two Kitty Mommas have now hidden their babies. I thought I saw the tortoise shell kitty, but it turned out to be a pair of black socks that someone had tossed - or a cat was playing with - under the tv set.

6) I guess it now stands that we're keeping Ringo and Shiloh (the two *boys*). Ros and Missy (our two resident kitty sluts) will be moving in with Married Son as soon as the kittens are all weaned. Both of Ros' mostly white kittens are adopted out and just waiting to be old enough to go. I'm seriously thinking about keeping "No Where Man" ... the kitty that appeared out of no where the other day. I know. I should be shot for wanting to keep one of the kittens!!

7) La De Da Dah ... thought seven and already I'm brain farting. Yipes.

8) Cat stories!! That's it ... I'll tell a cat story. Ringo, a purebred Maine Coon, was a rescue cat I adopted about four years ago. He was severely abused and afraid of his own shadow for quite some time. He's developed some habits I've never seen in any other cat ... and I've had plenty of cats in my lifetime. His favorite thing to do is follow someone into the bathroom. When they're seated on the *throne* he paws at the person's pants until the pants are at the human's knee-level. He then jumps into said pair of pants and promptly falls asleep. He *only* wakes up and removes himself from the potty person's pants once the toilet has been flushed. No other means of removing him works.

9) Ringo is also a biter. If he feels he's being ignored he'll bite your hand until he's being petted again. If you're unfortunate enough to be in the bathroom and he's not napping in your pants - LOL - he'll bite you in the butt!!

10) Alrighty then. I can't for the life of me think of a tenth thought. Nope ... Nothing ... Guess we call this a Not Quite Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...


15 comments:

  1. I am sorry I didn't notice you were gone {I was gone too...LOL}

    Keep on your diet {like I should talk}. I lost 100 pounds in 8 months a few years back. I would lose a bunch of weight, then stay the same, but suddenly I would start shedding off pounds again. Keep up the good work!

    Maybe you are in a ten thought coma today! Another one of my friends is the opposite today..she has over 25 thoughts...LOL maybe she stole yours!

    have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, well that's why you didn't notice I left the room - you weren't around either. LOL!

    Wow! That's one hell of a weight loss, congrats!!
    I've lost just shy of 70 pounds in the last year. Gained a few back after my hernia surgery in January, but continue to lose inches. Go figure. LOL. I'll take it, it's better than a GAIN!

    Yup, I bet that's what happened to my thoughts - your friend stoled 'em ... (stoled 'em? I've been reading to many LOLCats and *stuff on my cat* stuff today! Geesh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was asleep I didnt notice LOL.
    Woohoo on new pants, I used to have pants that fell down now they hardly get up sigh.
    With your diabetes in control you shouldnt gain any so thats a good thing, sometimes the plateau takes a while before things start happening again.
    With keeping the two boys you can sleep easy knowing no more baby fur ball surprises LOL
    #8 ROFL.. lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, glad I tip-toed out of the room. Wouldn't have wanted to wake you up from your slumber. LOL!
    The diabetes is mostly under control ... we're still in the process of tweaking my meds for the best results. So yeah ... I have to really watch the weight, the first sign it's going back up isn't a good sign.
    Nope, no more baby furballs once the girls are gone. Yippee!!
    #8, yup ... you'd really laugh if it was your ass being bitten. Maybe it's a good thing you're not stopping in Michigan on your visit to the US and Canada or you'd find out for sure what a pain in the ass Ringo can be. Hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I was laughing at the pants thing not the biting honest! LOL.
    Where's Michigan close to? I'm going to Chicago that's close isn't it? Am stopping there for two days before I go on to SF.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Yeah...always email. Can begrudge someone for trying to make things better...even though I know that I want to sometimes! *giggle*
    2) YAY for new clothes!!! And the price was right too!!!
    3) Slow and steady are the best way. And they say that a plateau is actually a GOOD THING. It means your body is getting used to its new size and trying to keep it there! Hang in there, you can start losing again really soon!
    4) Can't your gremlin bug ANOTHER FAMILY?
    5) Those mommas hide babies good! You'd better find them soon, or they will be TERRIFIED of people!
    6) But kitties are FUN! You should totally keep one!
    7) Is THAT what that smell is? *giggle*
    8) Okay....that's pretty ODD!!!
    9) Even more odd still....
    10) Soooo...you were THINKING about not being able to come up with a tenth thought, so that TOTALLY COUNTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, Detroit (Michigan) is about a five hour drive from Chicago ... Damn, wish I had had about a year to save up for gas money!! And a rental car now that I think about it, LOL! I'd have been more than happy to meet you there! When in Chicago, look EAST and shout a howdy in my direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leann, guess the Gremlin is just way too attached to me and my family.

    The babies are okay around people. No Where Man will hiss at first but after a minute or two he's okay. I think he's the one we'll keep, LOL! Oh, I did find the all the babies, sort of ... both the mommies have moved their litters under the same couch. I can't tell if they're at one end and the other or if the mommies have combined their litters into one big happy family. Considering Ros is Missy's momma ... I guess anything is possible. Besides, it's weird enough to fit right into this NUT HOUSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL will do.. 5 hrs isnt far hmmm maybe I should try for a lurky stalker bus trip or something LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen, a lurky stalker bus trip? LOL!!! For giggles I just checked the bus schedule - a five hour trip would take about 16 hours by the Lurky Stalker Bus Line. And that's if they're running on schedule!!

    Aw crap, what I wouldn't do for a reliable vehicle right now. LOL ... wonder what my mum would say if I whined and begged to borrow her van? And her credit card for gas. Hmmmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. takes 16 hours? Well I'd be way too tired to be lurky or stalky then lmaoooooooooo.

    I never realized that Michigan is sorta easy to get to but they really don't want you to leave hahaha. I just did some checks with flights that was scary I was stuck there and to fly to Chicago was going to take a bunch of stops and nearly as many hours as the bus haha.
    Hmmm re whining at your mom sounds like a lot of fun for you NOT! lmao

    Are you close to Flint? Btw thats a strange name Flint lololol. You look close on the little map I pulled up but it didn't have miles so it could be 100's of miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!!!! No luck whining to Mom ... she's not feeling well and out-whined me big time. Grrrrrr.

    Yeah, Detroit is a bugger to get to via airlines, or bus or train now that I think about it. You're right, they'll let you in, but escaping is another matter.

    I'm about half way between Detroit and Flint ... I'd say Flint is about 30 miles from me. Good Ol' Bishop Airport ... much nicer than Metro Detroit Airport in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to Michigan you'll love it so much WE wont let you leave rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen, there's a bumper sticker 'round these parts that shows a handgun and says "Welcome Back to Detroit. We missed you the first time". Of course when I googled it just now I can't find it. LOL!

    And yes, it's very difficult to leave. I've been trying most of my life!

    ReplyDelete