Married Son delivered the pizzas promptly at 11. He, DIL and Grandson came in to meet my class. Grandson was "ohhhh'd" and "ahhhhh'd" over. He loved the attention. He eve got to eat a piece of pizza, taking over my seat of course. Someone asked him if he went to school (he'll be 4 next week) and he said "I sure do". "What's the name of your school" she asked. "Sunday School" he said. I'm sure not what she had in mind, but he's right. He then tells the student that he wants to come to my school, he wants to play with the dolls in the back of the class room (resuscitation dummies - the class is in the EMT classroom).
I'm gonna miss Stress Management class!! But, made some new friends ... and they aren't even PITA's ... go figure. Two new friends from that class, one from my Accounting class. And not a PITA in the bunch!
Speaking of the friend from Accounting class ... she's pregnant. Due like any day. I got a text from her during Stress class that they were taking her to the hospital, they're inducing her this afternoon. Hopefully as I type this her daughter has been born. I know "S" wanted the pregnancy over with. Poor girl has been so miserable and uncomfortable!
Ah, another speaking of ... pregnant. Alien finally told my mother she's pregnant. I guess it didn't go well at all. Mom's furious! Refuses to go to baby showers or the wedding. I can't say as I blame her, that same thought had crossed my mind. But I will go ... after all, mistake or not she's my daughter. I want her to know that although I won't provide materially for them, I will be there for her and the baby.
I still haven't talked to Mom. I've been putting it off. I'll call her later today. Once I build up the courage ... it's a call I just don't want to make. Ya know? I know Mom ... and I'm going to get the "you failed your child" lecture. Ummmm ... I'm not the one who put her in bed with the loser ... I did what I could. Lord knows I did what I could to raise her right. But that's my Mom. I won't take it personally.
And if she does get to me, I'll just practice some of those stress management techniques Coach taught us!!
Well ... off I go. I've been putting off writing up my Accounting group presentation. We present on Monday. Think I better get that going so the guy doing up our power point isn't at it at the last minute.
And then there's that dreaded call to Mom that I have to make!

Sounds like that Stress Management class is the best class you could have taken!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your mom...
LOL ... I'm thinking my mom is avoiding me. I called a few times already but got no answer. She's a huge fan of Caller ID, so you know I'm thinking she's screening calls!
ReplyDeleteMaybe she's trying to go by the old saying...
ReplyDelete"If ya can't say somethin' nice, don't say anything at all!"
Leann, my mother not saying something? Nice or not? Mom's known for speaking her mind to family members - forget who's feelings might be hurt in the process! That sounds mean ... it's not meant to be. Mom's of that mind set that she's only doing good by you for speaking her mind.
ReplyDeleteI did talk to Mom yesterday. Blog to follow shortly ... but I highly doubt that Alien told her ... Mom's highly emotional and would have at some point gone either ballastic OR started crying (or got that shakey voice thing going).
I'm working backwards LOL..
ReplyDeleteSounds like the pizza and delivery was a great sucess enjoyed by all even grandson!
Helen, backwards? LOL! That's okay, you kept walking the sidewalks of Chicago "backwards", too - well at least from the wrong side anyway. Wouldn't want to see you change direction now. LOL!
ReplyDeletePizza was a huge success. I had a lot of people asking me where to get it, Poppy's is fairly new in town and not everyone knows about 'em yet. I was glad to spread the word!!
haha I remember that!!
ReplyDelete