KUA

KUA

4/9/09

Thursday

I've been called a lot of things in my life. Some good, some bad. But I've never been called charismatic before today.

Yes. Me.

Coach, "A", and I were talking after Stress Management class. "A" had said something about how she looks up to me and is proud of the way I have learned to handle stress. Coach agreed, and then adds that she wishes I could be in all of her stress management classes. That I bring with me not only a supportive attitude, but fill the room with such a positive energy. Charisma she called it. Not to mention my humor, and outlook on life. That my participation draws out the shy students to interact more with class discussions.

My head swelled. Really. And all I could say was "Thank You". Talk about a make your day moment.

"A" and I got to talk a little in the parking lot after wards. Nice gal. About my age. Asked if we could keep in touch after the class ends in a few weeks. Sure!! I like her. Like I said, nice gal. Finally, it seems that there's a person I've met at school that's not a PITA (pain in the arse). At least she's not psychotic like most of the people I seem to meet around town. LOL!

Oh yeah, got the Stress Management test back today. The one I blogged about. The one I said that if someone didn't ace it there were real problems. Damn. I got a 95% on it. Not a perfect 100%. Seems I missed going into detail in one of the answers and lost 5%. She'll let us give the correct answers next week for half the points. To me it's not worth the 2 1/2% I'd gain back. Not when you consider I've already got so many extra credit points that I can sluff off the rest of the term if I wanted and not have less than an A in the class. Not that I'd sluff off, mind you.

Decided to go shopping after. Yes, me. Shopping!! We all know how I hate shopping. But "A" had told me there were some great deals up at the grocery store. Chicken drumsticks for $1.50 a pound. Had to run get mine!! I got four pounds. Just as I was about to check-out my phone blasts the "Keeping Up Appearances" theme. That means Mom is calling. LOL. Wanted to know what I was doing for Easter. Said she didn't want to cook, but wanted to know what our plans were. Told her all of our plans, including my plans to do that Accounting take home test and a ton of homework ... and have a ham sandwich for my Easter Dinner. I'm sure I'll be done with my homework before Easter, but I really don't want the family time right now. I'm sure I'd be cross examined about Alien's behavior lately. Something I just want to avoid. It's not my place to spill the beans. You know?

Came home from the store and cooked up those four pounds of chicken drumsticks. I won't be cooking for a while. I may get sick of drumsticks, but I won't be cooking for the rest of the week at least.

So ... whatcha all got planned for Easter?


4 comments:

  1. What a great compliment and wtg with finding someone who is not a PITA lol.

    My sister just called me to ask if we wanted to go over for Easter Lunch I fobbd her off, I'm not really in the mood for family at the moment..now I have to call with a def ye no answer tomorrow cause I couldnt manage a definite no lie sigh..
    Dont study too hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No plans for Easter here. It will just be like any other Sunday for us. Most of my family lives too far away and my brother is going on a cruise next weekend so he'll be getting ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me I need to take my ham slice out of the freezer if I want an "Easter dinner" around here......No plans except yardwork and enjoying the last semi-peaceful weekend before school starts again.

    And I'd go with inspirational rather than charismatic - that sounds too much like a cult....

    But then again - Lisa-Lisa and Cult Jam did well - maybe you have a future in that field ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove drumsticks!!!

    Have a great Easter..and you so deserved the compliment!

    ReplyDelete